The Official Mooch for Bills coach thread

I'm all for a coach with experience, but wouldn't be gung-ho for Mariucci.

He went to Detroit b/c he could run the WCO inside the dome. That is his scheme, that is his bread and butter. All due respect, he's a good coach, but he's got a sunny/controlled-weather thing that is out of style with Buffalo. WCO has been tried here before. And most important, I don't think we've got the personnel to pull it off.

Dan Reeves. Seriously.

536418[/snapback]

You know you're one crazy dingo when the few times you say something seriously, you know you have to follow it with: "Seriously."

Seriously.

Personally, I think Dan Reeves is a crazy idea, one of the craziest things this crazy dingo has ever said. Seriously.

Yeah great, Mariucci. Would have to rebuild the entire offense, i.e., add a tall receiver for the X spot, change to smaller, quicker offensive linemen, add a pass-catching fullback, smaller tight ends, and make JP learn a new playbook and style of reading defenses.

Oh, and the offense would feature 8 yard passes on 3rd and 11.

Great idea.

Yeah great, Mariucci.  Would have to rebuild the entire offense, i.e., add a tall receiver for the X spot, change to smaller, quicker offensive linemen, add a pass-catching fullback, smaller tight ends, and make JP learn a new playbook and style of reading defenses.

Oh, and the offense would feature 8 yard passes on 3rd and 11.

Great idea.

536461[/snapback]

That would be a considerable step up from fake QB sneak WR pitch-out option passes on 4th and inches, however.

You know you're one crazy dingo when the few times you say something seriously, you know you have to follow it with: "Seriously."

Seriously.

Personally, I think Dan Reeves is a crazy idea, one of the craziest things this crazy dingo has ever said. Seriously.

536423[/snapback]

Sigh. Maybe you're right. Dan Reeves wouldnt know how to run a Tackle-eligible, double-reverse, fake-flea-flicker punt anyway.

That would be a waste of Roscoe's talent.

For once!! :devil:  :devil:

536400[/snapback]

I really like Mooch...It's kinda hard not to like the guy...

I know many here feel the whole West Coast thing and the QB problems in Detroit are big marks against Mooch...and to an extent they are...

But he has a nice resume and he's had big time success as an NFL HC...There will not be many candidates out there with Mooch's NFL HC experience this coming off season, that is for certain...

So if it is Mooch I'll be on board...I do have reservations, but I have no doubt whatsoever that he would be better than MM...So it would be a step in the right direction... :devil: