Damn Houston

Never underestimate the Cardinals ability to underachieve.  EVER.

536076[/snapback]

The cards probably would have won the game had Warner not got hurt...or Green decided to play McCown instead of their 3rd string scrub.

Of course I have Boldin and Fitz on my fantasy squad and Green's decision to go with the scrub 3rd stringer absolutely screwed me. I was licking my chops at the thought of Fitz and Boldin lighting that D up.

If San Fran would have won against Jax, the Bills still could have gotten the 1st overall. If either one of Houston or San Fran wins next week, the Bills could still get the #2 overall. Green Bay will probably pull out at least one more win. However, New Orleans looks like a long shot for another win.

If San Fran would have won against Jax, the Bills still could have gotten the 1st overall.  If either one of Houston or San Fran wins next week, the Bills could still get the #2 overall.  Green Bay will probably pull out at least one more win.  However, New Orleans looks like a long shot for another win.

536136[/snapback]

New Orleans has detroit.

Having the #1 overall pick will eat up a lot ot the $$$ available for rookie signings, if I am not mistaken.

There is a rookie salary cap. The money you spend on rookies counts against your salary cap as a whole. The amount you're allowed to spend on rookies gets adjusted depending on where you pick in the draft.

If San Fran would have won against Jax, the Bills still could have gotten the 1st overall.  If either one of Houston or San Fran wins next week, the Bills could still get the #2 overall.  Green Bay will probably pull out at least one more win.  However, New Orleans looks like a long shot for another win.

536136[/snapback]

How could this be? There are a few teams with only two wins and two games to go?

a) Houston plays SF, guarenteeing one of them will have 3 wins. More importantly, one of them WILL have 13 losses, thus the #1 overall pick CANNOT be buffalos.

b) The true value of the #1 pick this year is not reggie bush, its being able to trade out of the #1 slot and get a TON for it.

c) Buffalos stength of schedule is weak, and thus will pick above all the other 4 win teams (assuming we lose out and SOS does not change).

d) GB/NO/SF/NYJ/HOU are the only teams tat can finish with less than 4 wins, and thus the only teams which CAN pick ahead of buffalo (again assuming we lose out, and SOS remains the same). GB plays Baltimore tomorrow, and will play a resting seattle team week 17. The jets play us...so if we lose out, obviously they win game #4. NO plays detroit next week, a very winable game. So its VERY PROBABLE if we lose out, we wind up with the #3 pick behind HOU and SF.

Now, that said, #3 is a tough spot, have to see how it plays out, but it might be hard to move from there unless there becomes a clear top 3 candidate. Right now, Bush and Leinert are (in my opinion) a clear #1 and #2, but #3 becomes somewhat fuzzy, and thus teams will be less likely to desire the pick.

Should be interesting.

a) Houston plays SF, guarenteeing one of them will have 3 wins.  More importantly, one of them WILL have 13 losses, thus the #1 overall pick CANNOT be buffalos.

b) The true value of the #1 pick this year is not reggie bush, its being able to trade out of the #1 slot and get a TON for it.

c) Buffalos stength of schedule is weak, and thus will pick above all the other 4 win teams (assuming we lose out and SOS does not change).

d) GB/NO/SF/NYJ/HOU are the only teams tat can finish with less than 4 wins, and thus the only teams which CAN pick ahead of buffalo (again assuming we lose out, and SOS remains the same).  GB plays Baltimore tomorrow, and will play a resting seattle team week 17.  The jets play us...so if we lose out, obviously they win game #4.  NO plays detroit next week, a very winable game.  So its VERY PROBABLE if we lose out, we wind up with the #3 pick behind HOU and SF.

Now, that said, #3 is a tough spot, have to see how it plays out, but it might be hard to move from there unless there becomes a clear top 3 candidate.  Right now, Bush and Leinert are (in my opinion) a clear #1 and #2, but #3 becomes somewhat fuzzy, and thus teams will be less likely to desire the pick.

Should be interesting.

536486[/snapback]

I would llike to see the Bills pick 3rd. My rational is I do not want the Bills selecting with Leinhert on the board. The question then is: DBrickshaw or Ngata?

If Bills do indeed get the #3 pick, Leinart will be available. Houston and San Fran will not be taking a QB. Jets would take Leinart if they had the pick, but moving up to get him will cost them dearly on top of having to eat Pennington's contract. Bills would then be facing a huge dilemna that would make Flutie/Johnson seem like good times.

If Bills do indeed get  the #3 pick, Leinart will be available.  Houston and San Fran will not be taking a QB.  Jets would take Leinart if they had the pick, but moving up to get him will cost them dearly on top of having  to eat Pennington's contract.  Bills would then be facing a huge dilemna that would make Flutie/Johnson seem like good times.

536673[/snapback]

It's really not that big of a dilemma. You don't spend first round draft picks on QBs 2 out of 3 years. It's just idiotic, particularly when the first guy you've selected has shown signs that he could be a good one and he's only gotten 8-9 starts. This team needs to fix its OL and DL. You take D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Haloti Ngata. If both are on the board you consider moving down a position or two and picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd then selecting whichever one is left at your new draft position.

If this team continues to draft the “sexy” players early to the detriment of the trenches I’m going to go ballistic.

If Bills do indeed get  the #3 pick, Leinart will be available.  Houston and San Fran will not be taking a QB.  Jets would take Leinart if they had the pick, but moving up to get him will cost them dearly on top of having  to eat Pennington's contract.  Bills would then be facing a huge dilemna that would make Flutie/Johnson seem like good times.

536673[/snapback]

At #3 and assuming they could find a willing partner, executing a trade-down with an added high pick and a high '07 pick could be useful.

TSN.ca in Canada had a very early mock draft setup for some of the teams out of contention after week 14.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/feature.asp?fid=10493

It has buffalo taking a CB at 7th, with fergusen going to tenessee at 6th, and Nagata going to Philadelphia at 16th.

Alot s going to change, but I don't see why Buffalo would take a CB at 7th. Clements may be gone but our CB's aren't that big of a concern for us compared to our other problem areas. But then again, with our recent draft history....................

TSN.ca in Canada had a very early mock draft setup for some of the teams out of contention after week 14.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/feature.asp?fid=10493

It has buffalo taking a CB at 7th, with fergusen going to tenessee at 6th, and Nagata going to Philadelphia at 16th.

Alot s going to change, but I don't see why Buffalo would take a CB at 7th. Clements may be gone but our CB's aren't that big of a concern for us compared to our other problem areas. But then again, with our recent draft history....................

536814[/snapback]

we will take a kicker since many on this board wanted that