We need to franchise Josh Reed!

Tux of Borg

yup, re-sign him. i cant see him breaking the bank. hes a solid WR, and the dropsies can be coached. Plus, one less hole we need to fill in the offseason. I presonally still think reed has the potential to become a good #2 wideout...

ACtually Josh was leading the team in receiving for the first five weeks I think. That doesnt say much but really his dropsies have been far less this year. I dont think too many have slipped through his hands. I think he is right there with everyone else for hanging onto the ball.

Resign for cheap...he's played pretty well out of the slot and can run block...granted we need to run the ball to run block. Though he'll probably never be a number 2 in this league, he's better than nothing and better than wasting a draft pick that we could use for another position.

Can Josh play O-line or D-line?

534266[/snapback]

Anyone can play O-line...the true question is, would he be an improvment?

But that is the fact I was trying to make...resigning him saves us from having to take a WR in the draft or picking throw FAs and lets us pick up a OL/DL in the draft.

both Aiken and Reed and FAs...if we cut both loose we are going to have to get a WR from somewhere.

No I think he should repay the Bills $10,000 for every ball he has dropped.

533950[/snapback]

Maybe if the Bills were any good, those drops would've hurt them. Turn Reed's drops into catches this year, and the Bills would be 4-9. He was solid in the preseason when everyone had a woody over Drew Haddad (looks like 31 other teams didn't think Drew was that good either.) He's played well this year and has been probably the most consistent receiver. He won't cost much, since I don't think there will be a huge demand from other teams. Sign him up and bring him back. Assuming Moulds is gone, any familiarity JP has with the remaining receivers is going to be needed.