Bryant Mckinnie charged in scandal

merlin

I think it is sort of interesting that when ESPN was covering this story weeks ago, they had a picture they kept using as a backdrop. The picture was a montage of Vikings players...the only one you could clearly make out (becuause of his jersey #) was Antowain Winnfield...he was standing front of the picture, pointing to the sky, in celebration, under the pharase, "Vikings scandal"...I just assumed that Winnfield was part of the story...I saw a posting here about it too, how a bunch of ex-Bills, now residing in Minnesota, were involved. Irresponsible of ESPN, don't you think? They also ran some story about Culpepper that did not out and out say he was not involved, but left you doubting he was involved....

All said though, I don't think this is a very big, or important story...

Bryant Mckinnie was one of 4 Vikings players charged with 3 misdemeanors resulting from the "boat party scandal" ealier this year.

The other 3 Vikings charged were Duante Culpepper, Fred Smoot, and Moe WIlliams.

Bryant McKinnie charged in Vikings Loveboat scandal

533530[/snapback]

8 weeks ago, this would have been a story for the Mike Williams aplogists to latch onto. They are extinct now, but their corpses are still drawn to the argument like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead are drawn to the shopping mall. If they still existed, perhaps they might ask themselves, would I rather have a star OT partying on the sex boat on his off week, or nursing his strained vagina on the bench all season?

:D

"Permission to come aboard, capn' Smoot" :lol:

I think it is sort of interesting that when ESPN was covering this story weeks ago, they had a picture they kept using as a backdrop.  The picture was a montage of Vikings players...the only one you could clearly make out (becuause of his jersey #) was Antowain Winnfield...he was standing front of the picture, pointing to the sky, in celebration, under the pharase, "Vikings scandal"...I just assumed that Winnfield was part of the story...I saw a posting here about it too, how a bunch of ex-Bills, now residing in Minnesota, were involved.  Irresponsible of ESPN, don't you think?  They also ran some story about Culpepper that did not out and out say he was not involved, but left you doubting he was involved....

All said though, I don't think this is a very big, or important story...

533574[/snapback]

AW wasn't sexing. Bernice would kick his asss and/or empty his bank account and use it to buy shoes. No, AW gets his illegal on at card games.

AW wasn't sexing.  Bernice would kick his asss and/or empty his bank account and use it to buy shoes.  No,  AW gets his illegal on at card games.

533625[/snapback]

AW also got his illegal by supposedly accepting gifts from an agent and resold tickets for a profit while he was playing for OSU, no wonder Tice wanted him so much.

8 weeks ago, this would have been a story for the Mike Williams aplogists to latch onto.  They are extinct now, but their corpses are still drawn to the argument like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead are drawn to the shopping mall.  If they still existed, perhaps they might ask themselves, would I rather have a star OT partying on the sex boat on his off week, or nursing his strained vagina on the bench all season?

:lol:

"Permission to come aboard, capn' Smoot" :doh:

533618[/snapback]

If the rotting corpses include those who have argued that the bad play of MW does not make the choice of McKinnie a good one that the Bills should have made then count me among the dead.

The only step left in MW not being a bust is his cut that will occur this off-season.

However, if we are gonna invest in advocating choices which did not occur, then clearly trading down would have been the right thing to do with this pick as it was when we got Clements and and an extra choice or tading our first rounder away for the immediate value Bledsoe provided in 2002 and the extra training our QB needed when we traded the 2005 pick for Losman.

McKinnie is not the bust MW has become, but using a #4 for this idiot who

1. Got involved in a holdout that made his first year a wash out.

2. Has had off field issues that indicate a lack of judgment that he would have carried with him whereever he went.

3. Would likely have been a disaster here with Bledsoe anyway as he had a QB who held the ball too long as Culpepper did when the Vikes OL with McKinnie was less than productive. Good decision-making and a quicker release from Johnson has really helped their whole line and OL alot. I also suspect as just as Vinky and Ruel had little to offer the defective MW who was well handled by the stick/carrot approach JMac took to him last year they would also have had little offer McKinnie who certainly appears to also have a defective personality.

The MW advocates may be rotting corpses but the McKinnie advocates are pretty smelly folks themselves based on the play and record of McKinnie's career..

Fred Smoot charged with "Manipulation of a Sex Toy". In this PC-era, no jokes please. Daunte Culpepper charged with "Receiving a Lap Dance". What the heck, 99.9% of the guy posters on this board would be locked up for 10 years if charged with each count of that.