THE JOSH REED ERA BEGAN TODAY!!!

Draconator

All kidding aside, Other than in one game (SD) this season, I feel that Josh has earned the right to stay on with the new direction of this team. He is our best blocker, is able to find open areas in zones, and has good run after catch ability. I think as long as he stays in the slot, he'll produce for us. He was one of a few today who showed up to play. You can learn a lot about guys at the end of a wasted season.

All kidding aside, Other than in one game (SD) this season, I feel that Josh has earned the right to stay on with the new direction of this team. He is our best blocker, is able to find open areas in zones, and has good run after catch ability. I think as long as he stays in the slot, he'll produce for us. He was one of a few today who showed up to play. You can learn a lot about guys at the end of a wasted season.

528651[/snapback]

Very good points. I am not an ex-NFL receiver (although I did say in a Holiday Inn, once).

I would like to see more consistancy in terms of catching the ball, and I would be completely sold! Otherwise, too inconsistant to have as a regular.

That TD today was what I expected from him coming out of college. Does anyone remember all that draft footage of him, breaking 10 tackles and getting 30 yards after the catch at LSU? Well, today we finally saw it. I have a feeling that Josh Reed is just a late NFL bloomer--he's got a lot of good football ahead of him.

That TD today was what I expected from him coming out of college. Does anyone remember all that draft footage of him, breaking 10 tackles and getting 30 yards after the catch at LSU? Well, today we finally saw it. I have a feeling that Josh Reed is just a late NFL bloomer--he's got a lot of good football ahead of him.

528664[/snapback]

If he plays against second and third team scrubs he's a sure fire HOF'er.

528651[/snapback]

Almost agree... if he was under contract, yeah, but I want to see what he does the last 3 games first. Definitely made some nice plays today.

The entire starting secondary for the Patriots is comprised of second and third team scrubs.  Say what you will about Josh Reed, but that TD today--the lone bright spot--was a heck of a catch and run.

528715[/snapback]

Also note the downfield blocking from Aiken, Parish (He PANCAKED a LINEBACKER on the play. Seriously :D ), and Evans. These are all guys who atleast want to play for the Bills.

The entire starting secondary for the Patriots is comprised of second and third team scrubs.  Say what you will about Josh Reed, but that TD today--the lone bright spot--was a heck of a catch and run.

528715[/snapback]

i second that.. if you break tackles by every single defensive back, second string or not, in the friggin snow, you made a great catch and run.

Josh Reed did have the benefit of some great blocking by Parrish and Aiken. Having said that, Reed made a couple of good moves and showed a lot of heart in getting that TD.

He's made 2 of the most entertaining touchdowns for the Bills this season. Remember the one he had against the Raiders? I still do'nt know how he got in the end zone on that play.

Reed had to step up this year and he has. Re-sign him. He won't break the bank, and he is great depth.

528651[/snapback]

Haha! Lemme know when he develops hands.

Haha!  Lemme know when he develops hands.

529050[/snapback]

The strange thing is, JR has always had hands. Hell...i think he was born with hands. Watch his college tapes...he didn't drop ANYTHING. Even when he started going sour with the Bills, he still made GREAT catches...he just dropped easy catches. I can't figure out what happend to that "catch any ball anywhere" guy.

The strange thing is, JR has always had hands.  Hell...i think he was born with hands.  Watch his college tapes...he didn't drop ANYTHING.  Even when he started going sour with the Bills, he still made GREAT catches...he just dropped easy catches.  I can't figure out what happend to that "catch any ball anywhere" guy.

529056[/snapback]

It seems all mental. My guess is that he is often so tense out there, overconcerned about dropping balls, that he's thinking too much about causing him to drop more, not doing what he used to do naturally. But today was one of the few times when I saw him brimming with confidence. Even after his TD, on that last catch of the game, he broke another few tackles and made a nice gain.

528715[/snapback]

Parrish knocked one of the Patsies defenders on his butt and helped spring Reed.