Turning back the clock a bit

Dawgg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This article confirms that it was Ralph who wanted to play RJ for the Tennessee playoff game. A common misconception was that Wade couldn't decide between QBs, but I think the decision was made for him despite his preference for Doug Flutie.

http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2...ts/sports04.txt

526243[/snapback]

Whoever made the decision made the RIGHT decision at the time. Our favorite little man, Skin Flutie, was sucking up a storm and I don't believe we would have had a chance in that game with him at the helm. Remember Skin has NEVER EVER won a playoff game in the NFL...and the year before, gave away a game in Miami that would have put us into the playoffs (if I recall correctly). RJ played like crap in that game...but, in a Flutie-esque 4th Q drive put the Bills ahead...and that should have been that.

With that said, Fu#k Flitie, Fu#k RJ and Fu#k Bum's Kid while you're at it. <_<

Whoever made the decision made the RIGHT decision at the time.  Our favorite little man, Skin Flutie,  was sucking up a storm and I don't believe we would have had a chance in that game with him at the helm.  Remember Skin has NEVER EVER won a playoff game in the NFL...and the year before, gave away a game in Miami that would have put us into the playoffs (if I recall correctly).  RJ played like crap in that game...but, in a Flutie-esque 4th Q drive put the Bills ahead...and that should have been that.

With that said, Fu#k Flitie, Fu#k RJ and Fu#k Bum's Kid while you're at it.  <_<

526289[/snapback]

whatever. it's not as if flutie didn't light up miami's top ranked pass d like a christmas tree that game while johnson played like utter crap for 55 minutes against the 25th ranked pass d the following year. don't let facts get in the way, though.

whatever. it's not as if flutie didn't light up miami's top ranked pass d like a christmas tree that game while johnson played like utter crap for 55 minutes against the 25th ranked pass d the following year. don't let facts get in the way, though.

526314[/snapback]

Come on, man, look at the OL RJ had in that game. <_<

526314[/snapback]

as long as you are pointing out the facts... what was the home record of the Titans in '99 and '00? What is the correlation between turnovers and wins in the NFL playoffs? Who played LT for the '99 Bills playoff edition? What does your definition of "light up" mean? 17 points?

That;s what I thought... don't let ALL the facts get in the way, though.

as long as you are pointing out the facts... what was the home record of the Titans in '99 and '00? What is the correlation between turnovers and wins in the NFL playoffs?  Who played LT for the '99 Bills playoff edition?  What does your definition of "light up" mean?  17 points?

That;s what I thought... don't let ALL the facts get in the way, though.

526543[/snapback]

facts:

flutie was 21-36 for 360 yards (10 yds/pass play) with 1 td and 1 int and 4 rushes for 29 yards. he also lost a fumble on a sack by trace armstrong.

that year, miami was 7-1 at home and their only loss was a squeaker to the jets.

as for their defense, they were 3rd overall, led the league in INTs, and were 6th in TD passes allowed.

and whoever was playing tackle for the bills that day surely wasn't much better than the guys lining up in 1999 notwithstanding any hobbling. actual pocket awareness on the part of the qb tends to make those '98 guys look better, though.

call me crazy, but given the circumstances, that looks like lighting them up to me.

johnson was 10-22 for 131 yards and was sacked in the endzone, which of course resulted in points for TN.

TN, which was 8-0 at home (pretty much a wash compared to the dolphins), was 26th in pass defense, 27th in ypa given up, 27th in TD passes allowed, and 17th in interceptions. they were 18th overall in defense.

those are the facts, actually.

p.s. 2000 was a different season.

facts:

flutie was 21-36 for 360 yards (10 yds/pass play) with 1 td and 1 int and 4 rushes for 29 yards.  he also lost a fumble on a sack by trace armstrong.

that year, miami was 7-1 at home and their only loss was a squeaker to the jets.

as for their defense, they were 3rd overall, led the league in INTs, and were 6th in TD passes allowed.

and whoever was playing tackle for the bills that day surely wasn't much better than the guys lining up in 1999 notwithstanding any hobbling. actual pocket awareness on the part of the qb tends to make those '98 guys look better, though.

call me crazy, but given the circumstances, that looks like lighting them up to me.

johnson was 10-22 for 131 yards and was sacked in the endzone, which of course resulted in points for TN. 

TN, which was 8-0 at home (pretty much a wash compared to the dolphins), was 26th in pass defense, 27th in ypa given up, 27th in TD passes allowed, and 17th in interceptions. they were 18th overall in defense.

those are the facts, actually.

p.s. 2000 was a different season.

526586[/snapback]

Fact: Flutie - 2 fumbles, and 1 INT. 17 points. Ironically, ended game on his back w/o ball

Fact: Johnson - 0 fumbles, 0 INT, 1 safety. 16 points. Ended game with would be winning points.

Spare me your analysis on "lighting it up". It meant the difference of 1 point...

BTW, Dusty Zeigler was our LT that game and "the greatest show on turf" put up 23 points against the Titans on a neutral site. 1 TD better than our Bills...

Fact: Flutie - 2 fumbles, and 1 INT. 17 points.  Ironically, ended game on his back w/o ball

Fact: Johnson - 0 fumbles, 0 INT, 1 safety. 16 points. Ended game with would be winning points.

Spare me your analysis on "lighting it up".  It meant the difference of 1 point...

526604[/snapback]

well, at least I've got you to stop championing the tennessee defense!

also remember that miami's offense played pretty well that game. the bills gained over 400 yards (the only team to do so that year, i think), but miami gained 352 and marino had a very productive day. mare missed a 26 yard field goal as well.

look we can argue about stats all we want, but you and i watched both of those games. the bills offense was thrilling that day in miami, but were killed by the turnovers. moulds had a career day 9 catches for 240 yards. also the bills probably would have had 21 if not for the absolutely braindead penalty by reed at the goal line. in tennessee, the bills offense looked like utter crap the entire game except for that one drive spurred by that 50 yard run by antowain smith and that last drive in which johnson played very, very well. the miami defense was clearly the superior foe, though.