Bills are in great Cap shape for next year

ASCI

The 2005 Bills have had a number of flaws exposed over the course of the season. Bills owner Ralph Wilson recently told a gathering of the Bills Monday Quarterback Club, the team would go out and find some solid football players in the off season. The Bills will have plenty of cap room to find those players.

WGR has learned the Bills cap number for players under contract next season currently stands at just under 82.1 million dollars. The projected cap for 2006 is 90 million dollars. That puts the Bills in the middle of the pack in the NFL with 14 teams having more cap room and 17 teams having less. As far as the AFC East is concerned, the New York Jets cap number is around 120 million while Miami is at 97 million and New England is at 92 million.

link

so he is gonna get us the tools to finish the job? :flirt:

525120[/snapback]

If true, kinda blows my rant in an earlier thred that we are not in good cap shape out the window :D

But I will say that I have read several reports that puts Miami $20M under next year. This cap stuff is just so dam much like hieroglyphics no one seems to have an accurate picture of it

WGR has learned the Bills cap number for players under contract next season currently stands at just under 82.1 million dollars.

We've got some FA of our own to deal with first; at least some of the players in bold will be re-signed., maybe others not in bold too.

Buffalo: C Trey Teague; WR Sam Aiken (RFA); QB Shane Matthews; LB Angelo Crowell (RFA); CB Nate Clements; DE Ryan Denney; DT Justin Bannan; LB Mario Haggan (RFA); LB Josh Stamer (RFA); LS Mike Schneck; CB Kevin Thomas; DT Ron Edwards.

We've got some FA of our own to deal with first; at least some of the players in bold will be re-signed., maybe others not in bold too.

Buffalo:  C Trey Teague; WR Sam Aiken (RFA); QB Shane Matthews; LB Angelo Crowell (RFA); CB Nate Clements; DE Ryan Denney; DT Justin Bannan; LB Mario Haggan (RFA); LB Josh Stamer (RFA); LS Mike Schneck; CB Kevin Thomas; DT Ron Edwards.

525134[/snapback]

Keep LS Mike Schneck, trade Clements. Goodbye to the rest - nobody will miss them.

Keep LS Mike Schneck, trade Clements. Goodbye to the rest - nobody will miss them.

525166[/snapback]

I don't know...Aiken's been a force on special teams this year, as far as I can tell...and Crowell's filling in for Spikes has impressed me at the very least more than Posey's play at LB; I wouldn't mind seeing Posey cut and Crowell moved over there, if possible.

Buffalo:  C Trey Teague; WR Sam Aiken (RFA); QB Shane Matthews; LB Angelo Crowell (RFA); CB Nate Clements; DE Ryan Denney; DT Justin Bannan; LB Mario Haggan (RFA); LB Josh Stamer (RFA); LS Mike Schneck; CB Kevin Thomas; DT Ron Edwards.

525134[/snapback]

Nobody on there should cost above the minimum besdies Clements. If we resign him, it shouldn't cost more than the cap space that will be opened by the cuts (Moulds, Big Mike, etc.). That shold leave us plently of room still. If only people wanted to come here...

Nobody on there should cost above the minimum besdies Clements.  If we resign him, it shouldn't cost more than the cap space that will be opened by the cuts (Moulds, Big Mike, etc.).  That shold leave us plently of room still.  If only people wanted to come here...

525230[/snapback]

Agreed... but those cuts are very important. Without them, IMO there's not much space left at all after resigning some of our own FAs, not even including Clements.

sure...kiss them goodbye if you want to see special teams start circling the drain to go along with the offense and defense.

525172[/snapback]

Good point. I overlooked special teams. I think a few could be re-signed on that basis if they are cheap enough. I doubt the market will be breaking down their doors.

Who are the studs on special teams?

Good point.  I overlooked special teams. I think a few could be re-signed on that basis if they are cheap enough. I doubt the market will be breaking down their doors.

Who are the studs on special teams?

525371[/snapback]

It was clear when you included Crowell in the group you didn't want back, that you really don't know anything about the Bills. Well...you just confirmed it!

I have an idea...watch a few games!