If Bills lose the last 4...

they will probably have the #3 overall pick. The only teams I don't see the Bills passing are Houston and San Fran. That last game against the Jets will probably be worth a 5 position swing for each team. The ideal scenario would see the young players getting time and playing well, but still losing. Who do you go with - OT Ferguson or DE Williams?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

with those 2 teams above us and with Leinert, Bush, and Young as the top of the class for the draft, you trade it for extra picks, move down and grab a stud OL later in the round and keep building

they will probably have the #3 overall pick.  The only teams I don't see the Bills passing are Houston and San Fran.  That last game against the Jets will probably be worth a 5 position swing for each team.  The ideal scenario would see the young players getting time and playing well, but still losing.  Who do you go with - OT Ferguson or DE Williams?

522164[/snapback]

they will probably have the #3 overall pick.  The only teams I don't see the Bills passing are Houston and San Fran.  That last game against the Jets will probably be worth a 5 position swing for each team.  The ideal scenario would see the young players getting time and playing well, but still losing.  Who do you go with - OT Ferguson or DE Williams?

522164[/snapback]

D-line players are usually more apt to have an immediate impact.

522164[/snapback]

I am scared what "I will always go for the best athlete before needs" Donahoe would do with the #3 pick.

Trade the draft pick away and bring in some talent, proven talent at the places we need it most...OL, DL and TE.

We have a talented bunch at the skills arena but we need an O-line. This rag tag group will never bring us a winning record.

522164[/snapback]

I came up with 4th. I don't see GB losing two more, and that last game being worth four positions - 4th or 8th.

Yes, because they knew wha the frig they were doing, unlike Tom Donohoe.

522198[/snapback]

Because drafting AS, NC, WM, JPL, CK, etc, were all bad picks? Or are we basing the entire "Draft bust" theory on MW? :) Or am I missing something?

CW

Because drafting AS, NC, WM, JPL, CK, etc, were all bad picks?  Or are we basing the entire "Draft bust" theory on MW?  :)  Or am I missing something?

CW

522208[/snapback]

Mike Williams

Josh Reed

and come on...Kelsay? He hasn't proved sh--

let's also throw in Ryan Denney

Ron Edwards

Justin Bannan

Tim Euhus

and then there' the free agents:

Bennie Anderson

Kris Farris

EDIT:

Forgot this dandy: JEFF POSEY

on and on and on.

Try again, Commander Satellite.

522164[/snapback]

I'd say we need a Left tackle really bad but DE Mathius Kiwanuka of BC could also be an option. I think he's better than Williams of NCSt.

522164[/snapback]

Wouldn't the Jets want to mail in that game to get into the Leinart/Bush

sweepstakes ?

Because drafting AS, NC, WM, JPL, CK, etc, were all bad picks?  Or are we basing the entire "Draft bust" theory on MW?  :)  Or am I missing something?

CW

522208[/snapback]

Fezmid, I agree.......It is sad that TD has not been able to instill a winning

tradition here...His biggest fault has not been the draft picks, but his inability

to get a strong coaching staff......I think his two coaches being rookie coaches

without any prior head coaching experience has really dealt a big body blow

in TDs plans....Draft picks are lottery.....you win some....you lose some...

For every MW and Coy Wire pick we have been successufl at the top of

the board with Clements, and McGahee etc....And we have not done too

bad in the FA pool too....My biggest disappointment is not being able to

sign the right FAs for the OL and DL....Again it is not for lack of trying...there

just was no talent available that they could go after....Like last year

once Wahle and the other guy from GB were off the chart, what we were

left with was mediocre to average linemen.....and as for the defensive side

there was none.........

However, like all jobs, irrespective of the cirucmstances/surroundings one

is judged by their end result....After 5 years TD has been a failure at 30-47

with 0 playoff appearances and 0 divison titles...It is time to move on.

In regards to Kiwanuka of BC and Williams of NCST, Williams has 25 pounds on him, and Schobel has showed to be a productive player at LDE. Schobel and Williams on the 2 ends would be nice. Then I'd like to see the Bills trade back into the middle of the 1st round and get a stud DT. On a side note, I think Donahoe's biggest problem as a GM is he acts like he is a portfolio manager at a mutual fund. He only looks for value. That works in the stock market but not in building a football team when you have needs that must be addressed and team chemistry to consider.

CW

522208[/snapback]

No, you're not missing anything. That's the current flavor being sold :D