If Bills lose the last 4...

Yes you can. With experienced head coaches, you can.

522484[/snapback]

It's the exception, rather than the norm. Yeah, Tampa and Indy did it, but they were both stacked with talent. I just don't see us bringing in another new coach and getting to the playoffs next year.

CW

If there is a world class stud Defensive Tackle or Offensive Tackle...go for him in the higher round. I mean Bruce Smith or Warren Sapp or Peppers type of franchise player. If not trade down for better picks and go for the best Offensive linemen and Defensive Tackles available. I would not be averse to a great tight end prospect but don't think about anything but the trenches. We're not going anywhere without that being taken care of.

If they lose the last 4 games? I can't wait to see the Jets game. Bills will be 4-11 and the Jets will hopefully be 3-12 or 4-11. They have to pretend they are playing to win but, come on, who seriously believes either team will be trying to win that game? Especially if it's for the 2nd or 3rd overall pick. The NFL will have a real big problem with the "integrity" of that game.

I'd let JP throw it 70 times into double and triple coverages. Players would be dropping sure INT's. Fumbles would go unrecovered. It's really easy to throw a game- missed blocks, blown coverages, bad passes, bad exchanges between the QB & RB. Blatant holding calls & pass interference calls. Can anyone really tell if it's done on purpose or not?

Maybe it will be the "Reggie Bush Bowl" Chants of "I want Bush!" will echo through the Meadowlands that day.

It's the exception, rather than the norm.  Yeah, Tampa and Indy did it, but they were both stacked with talent.  I just don't see us bringing in another new coach and getting to the playoffs next year.

CW

522488[/snapback]

Adn you think we'll make the playoffs with this current cast of jokers?

Adn you think we'll make the playoffs with this current cast of jokers?

522584[/snapback]

Yeah, I think we have a decent shot at it. We missed it by only one game last year. We've been very streaky this year but have shown flashes of being really good. I think we need a bit of consistency for another year.

CW

Donahoe has made some really good moves:

Mcgahee

Losman

Evans

Lots of people supported getting DB after the RJ fiasco.

One collosal mistake:

Mike Williams

One rather large mistake:

Gregg Williams

The biggest complaint over the past 2 years, is the offensive line. However, this summer we let Pat Williams go and go mediocre to bad players to fill in the offensive line and that is what people are not happy with (besides all this other stuff).

I think most people would agree this team is closer to being good than to being bad. But both lines need to be addressed ASAP, and people have lost faith in Donahoe.

Yeah, 8-8 and 9-7 were cataclysmic failures for the ages.  :D  Everyone was so quick to get rid of Bledsoe, saying "Anyone can play better than he does!"  Now the rally call is, "Well, of COURSE JPL isn't as good, he's young!"  :D

Everyone needs to take a step back and look at the situation as a whole, instead of individual plays.  We're becoming a bit too myopic.

CW

522370[/snapback]

So why don't you blame TD for getting rid of Bledsoe then? It sounds like you blame the fans when, in reality, it was TD that made the move. Why not blame TD for getting rid of GW too early? He's the one that did it, not the fans. I'm not saying I agree with you on these two things, I don't, but if you think they were mistakes the man to pin those mistakes on is TD.

Most of what you say is pretty spot on. Yeah, TD has done a good job of putting good skill position players on the field. But in the end what has that gotten us? Five years without the playoffs. Why should we expect that TD would finally put a solid OL on the field this year when he hasn't been able to do it yet? This team has gone from the D sucking and the O being good, to the O sucking and the D being good to both units currently sucking. Why on earth should we think that this team is on the cusp of winning?

At some point TD has to be held accountable. No, I don't really want to go through an whole rebuilding period with a new GM and new coach but at the same time I don't want to stick to our present course when it's gotten us nowhere thus far. At what point do we say, "enough is enough, it's time to move on"? A lot of people think the time is now and I'm inclined to agree with them.

So why don't you blame TD for getting rid of Bledsoe then?  It sounds like you blame the fans when, in reality, it was TD that made the move.  Why not blame TD for getting rid of GW too early?  He's the one that did it, not the fans.  I'm not saying I agree with you on these two things, I don't, but if you think they were mistakes the man to pin those mistakes on is TD.

Most of what you say is pretty spot on.  Yeah, TD has done a good job of putting good skill position players on the field.  But in the end what has that gotten us?  Five years without the playoffs.  Why should we expect that TD would finally put a solid OL on the field this year when he hasn't been able to do it yet?  This team has gone  from the D sucking and the O being good, to the O sucking and the D being good to both units currently sucking.  Why on earth should we think that this team is on the cusp of winning?

At some point TD has to be held accountable.  No, I don't really want to go through an whole rebuilding period with a new GM and new coach but at the same time I don't want to stick to our present course when it's gotten us nowhere thus far.  At what point do we say, "enough is enough, it's time to move on"?  A lot of people think the time is now and I'm inclined to agree with them.

522628[/snapback]

TD *has* addressed the line, somewhat. He drafted MW, he picked up Sam Adams, he drafted/signed AS (and Denney and Anderson and and and). Unfortunately, except for Adams and AS, there have been more misses than hits. Even when MW was drafted, I wished we had strenghtened the line more, but we didn't. Yes, these are things that need to be addressed. But how is getting a new GM and coaches (who will then want to bring their own players in) going to help us win? We were 9-7 last year, 1 game away from the playoffs. We've been VERY close to winning a lot of games this year -- Miami, New England and Carolina come to mind. If we don't blow it late in the 4th, we're sitting at 7-4 right now. Not too shabby, huh? And that's with a bad OL and DL. I think we're only a few players away from making a run, and cleaning house is going to delay that.

You just CAN'T keep replacing coaches every two years...

CW

Especially against the Dolphins, the coaching staff made HUGE mistakes.  I don't fault them for the pass on 1st down, but they played the 2nd-4th quarters as if it were a Madden football game -- throwing on nearly EVERY play it seemed.  The Parrish pass was particularly lame IMHO.

That said, I would hope that they've learned from their mistakes, and I'm willing to give the team another year.  Remember, we DID go 9-7 last year with the same coaching staff...  I'm getting tired of firing our coaches every two years -- Wade, GW, now possibly MM -- and feel that coaching consistency will be a definately advantage for us.  Look at Marvin Lewis -- this is his third year in Cincy, isn't it?

CW

522433[/snapback]

Fezmid,

Last years record was a little blown up with those wins against the NFC West...

We went 4-0 against the NFCW last year and 0-4 against the NFCS this year...

You remove that 4-0 last year and this team is a struggling 4-7 from last year

too...The only win against any strong team last year was Seattle and even that

game they mailed it in.....We failed to beat the NEs, Pittsburghs...

Marvin Lewis showed improvement every year....With this staff, I am yet to

see that improvement...The biggest problem I see is in making game day

adjustments.....The fish made greatu adjustment after halftime...we did not

Last years record was a little blown up with those wins against the NFC West...

Would that be the same NFC West that sent not one, but two teams to the playoffs last year...?

Either that, or I missed the memo that said the Saints and Dolphins are powerhouses this year...? :D

The only win against any strong team last year was Seattle

You're right, those 10-6 Jets SUCKED last year, oh my god were they terrible.

Marvin Lewis showed improvement every year....

8-8 in year one and 8-8 in year two is an improvement...? :D Oh, and our sucky team beat them last year as well, so what does that say? Remember, we didn't beat any strong teams last year.

CW