WEEI in Boston says

Risin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they dont know what the hell they are talking about.

yeah he has a high cap hit. but he is our offensive leader and key to our team.

if we cut him who do we replace him with? evans is not ready to be the #1. parrish or reed is not ready to be a #2. a FA who coudl be our #1 would cost close to the same amount.

its just a bunch of people sitting around a table and looking at draft picks and stats and say, hey... this guy will be cut becasue of this number and this number and this number. and they never see what effect that player really has on a team.

Idle speculation becomes rumor becomes fact?

Who knew that would happen on WEEI? 0:)

original source:

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/13308224.htm

517925[/snapback]

Sounds liek the Philthadelphians are looking for TO's repalcement.

Perhaps whitey could squeeze a second string OL out of them for him?

they dont know what the hell they are talking about.

yeah he has a high cap hit. but he is our offensive leader and key to our team.

if we cut him who do we replace him with? evans is not ready to be the #1. parrish or reed is not ready to be a #2. a FA who coudl be our #1 would cost close to the same amount.

its just a bunch of people sitting around a table and looking at draft picks and stats and say, hey... this guy will be cut becasue of this number and this number and this number. and they never see what effect that player really has on a team.

517923[/snapback]

On WEEI they are saying his cap hit next season is 11 million. That is way to high, for a player of his caliber.

Idle speculation becomes rumor becomes fact?

Who knew that would happen on WEEI? 0:)

original source:

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/13308224.htm

517925[/snapback]

I spotted the same thing in the Buffalo News a day before the Philly article:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1053616.asp

Is Donahoe leaking this, or is it just a wild rumour. Its almost at the point now where Donahoe will have to address it.

JDG

In terms of the timing, I wonder if it has to do with MM's formal announcement that he's sticking with JP for the remainder of the year?

We all know that Moulds was one of the driving forces behind JP's benching. Note also that, as ch19079 pointed out, Moulds is our leader on offense. However, the leader SHOULD be our QB. And maybe the thought is to place JP in a sitaution where he is the unquestioned starter and leader of the offense next season.

Obviously JP needs to do what he can over the next several weeks to command the leadership role with his on-field play. This past week he looked Moulds' way more than he has any game in the past. So maybe the two of them will form a connection that will prevent Moulds from becomming a distraction again -- and place Moulds in the situation where he wants to stay put and is willing to take a pay cut to do so.

We all know that Moulds was one of the driving forces behind JP's benching.

517945[/snapback]

We do? I don"t know that..and, in fact, I highly doubt it. You pay WAY too much attention to the bulls#it in the paper.

Is Donahoe leaking this, or is it just a wild rumour.    Its almost at the point now where Donahoe will have to address it.

517941[/snapback]

Could well be Moulds' people.

Not exactly a state secret that he has been unsatisfied here for several years. This just puts the thought into everyone's mind (anyone who wasn't already aware that he is likely out of here) so they become used to the idea for a while before it comes time. By then, it will be more a matter of course rather than a tough decision b/w keeping him or having to eat all that cap $.

Not exactly a state secret that he has been unsatisfied here for several years. This just puts the thought into everyone's mind (anyone who wasn't already aware that he is likely out of here) so they become used to the idea for a while before it comes time. By then, it will be more a matter of course rather than a tough decision b/w keeping him or having to eat all that cap $.

517969[/snapback]

Yeah right! He doesn't want to cash in his 11 million dollar paycheck!! :devil:

If he's cut he would make at most half of what he'd make in Buffalo in 2006. There's no way in hell it's Moulds' people.

517969[/snapback]

A very good thought, but I think that reporters would couch a leak from Moulds' camp differently... mention his unhappiness, or something like that. I'm still inclined to put Theory A - this is a leak from Donahoe or Theory B - this is the media running with one reporter's bit of idle speculation ahead of that theory. But good thinking.

JDG

Great, now we have no number one receiver with a new QB and an awful OL.  Things are really looking up!

517964[/snapback]

With all due respect, what's a "Number One Receiver?"

Sorry, but that's one of my favorite bugaboos - most NFL teams don't have "#1 WR's", almost every passing formation has two WR's in it. Occasionally, a team will have a healthy Randy Moss, reasonably quiet TO, or a towering superstar like Steve Smith - but these are exceptions in my mind, rather than rules....

JDG

Yeah right! He doesn't want to cash in his 11 million dollar paycheck!!  :devil:

If he's cut he would make at most half of what he'd make in Buffalo in 2006. There's no way in hell it's Moulds' people.

517972[/snapback]

At this point in his career, how much is it about the money? You think Brett Favre is staying on b/c of money?

It's about wanting to win, and to be known 50 years from now. I think Moulds can realize that isn't going to happen with the Bills in his timeframe.