WEEI in Boston says

Risin

Yeah right! He doesn't want to cash in his 11 million dollar paycheck!!  :devil:

If he's cut he would make at most half of what he'd make in Buffalo in 2006. There's no way in hell it's Moulds' people.

517972[/snapback]

Well, he's already collected $3.7M of that $10.9M
Clumpy's numbers on EM:

Salary: $6.089 million

Old proration: $2 million (from $12 million s.b. he rec'd in 2001)

New Proration: $1,666,667

Reporting bonus: $1 million (likely due at start of training camp)

Work out bonus: $100,000

Pro Bowl bonus: $200,000 (NLTBE)

Cap hit: $10,855,667

and after figuring in his signing bonus, I can see him making at least close to $7.2M next year from another team... depends on how much competition there is for him, & the other WRs in the market.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On WEEI they are saying his cap hit next season is 11 million.  That is way to high,  for a player of his caliber.

517937[/snapback]

i agree, but i dont see how cutting him will help the team. you wouldnt save all 11 million in cap space. you would then have to go out and sign a high priced FA who would then have to learn the system before he could be a real offensive weapon.

not to mention you would lose a great team leader who has been with the bills for a long time.

hes overpaid, but we just can not cut him. his cap hit hurts, but losing Moulds would hurt more.

they dont know what the hell they are talking about.

yeah he has a high cap hit. but he is our offensive leader and key to our team.

if we cut him who do we replace him with? evans is not ready to be the #1. parrish or reed is not ready to be a #2. a FA who coudl be our #1 would cost close to the same amount.

its just a bunch of people sitting around a table and looking at draft picks and stats and say, hey... this guy will be cut becasue of this number and this number and this number. and they never see what effect that player really has on a team.

517923[/snapback]

Yeah, Moulds' spin/cut move after he sets to catch the ball gains him so much these days. Hint to Eric, if you lunged forward after the catch you'd gain more than that now crappy spin move. He can't take more than a 30% paycut and at that price he is still overpaid. Time to move on.

At this point in his career, how much is it about the money?

517978[/snapback]

It always about the money. This is clearly a flat out rumour or a Bills front office leak, not Eric's doing. Why would a player talk about how his team will get rid of him because he sucks now? That makes absolutely no sense at all. If the Bills foolishly do get rid of him I could see Eric looking to get with New England or Philly, but that is only IF the Bills are stupid and get rid of him. Moulds' numbers are directly linked to the clusterf*ked that is our offensive line problems. It's a well known fact throught the league that we have the second worst offensive line after the Houston Texans.

He can't take more than a 30% paycut and at that price he is still overpaid.  Time to move on.

517989[/snapback]

Yeah???? Well good luck trying to get good to great players in here in the foreseable future.

When players on our team and throughout the league see that the Bills are all too willing to cut ties with their leaders who actually contribute and earn their paychecks, they will not be coming to Buffalo. The Bills have a hard enough time getting free agents because it's perceved as one of the least "attractive" cities in the NFL. You wait and see what happens if they cut Eric to save a few million dollars in cap money.

Yeah???? Well good luck trying to get good to great players in here in the foreseable future.

When players on our team and throughout the league see that the Bills are all too willing to cut ties with their leaders who actually contribute and earn their paychecks, they will not be coming to Buffalo. The Bills have a hard enough time getting free agents because it's perceved as one of the least "attractive" cities in the NFL. You wait and see what happens if they cut Eric to save a few million dollars in cap money.

518003[/snapback]

If the Bills can cut Bruce Smith, they can cut Eric Moulds. :devil:

If the Bills can cut Bruce Smith, they can cut Eric Moulds. :devil:

518005[/snapback]

The difference being that the Bills back then were in the position where they had to find salary cap space any way that they could.

This year the Bills should be a buyer in the FA market - not a seller.

In that context, cutting Moulds will only make this team less-competitive next year, not moreso.

JDG

That makes absolutely no sense at all. If the Bills foolishly do get rid of him I could see Eric looking to get with New England or Philly, but that is only IF the Bills are stupid and get rid of him.

517996[/snapback]

Two teams that will want him to play for Veteran Minimum, giving him the

team concept and exhibiting Troy Brown and Hugh Douglas as the exhibit.

if we cut moulds we save 5.7 million agenst the cap, but we still have to replace him with a #1 FA WR. and good luck finding one of those for less than 5 mil a year.

so in the end we wouldnt save that much at all, and lose a leader. its asinine.

Two teams that will want him to play for Veteran Minimum, giving him the

team concept and exhibiting Troy Brown and Hugh Douglas as the exhibit.

518055[/snapback]

Wrong, try Rodney Harrison and Terrell Owens as the real examples of what these teams will do to get a player the caliber of Eric Moulds.

You having Moulds being offered the veteran minimum is laughable.

Wrong, try Rodney Harrison and Terrell Owens as the real examples of what these teams will do to get a player the caliber of Eric Moulds.

518079[/snapback]

Harrison moved to NE when he was in his Prime....Terell Owens is

currently the best WR in football....Moulds doesn't fit either category.

518079[/snapback]

BTW, You misunderstood me...I did not say Moulds will not get more than

the veteran minimum...All I said was if he wanted to get the ring (which

was the original ring of this thread), then he will have to sign with the

Pats or Eagles....and those are two teams that will not pay big money for

veterans who are on the down side of their career....

BTW, You misunderstood me...I did not say Moulds will not get more than

the veteran minimum...All I said was if he wanted to get the ring (which

was the original ring of this thread), then he will have to sign with the

Pats or Eagles....and those are two teams that will not pay big money for

518107[/snapback]

Denver? I think he has a better chance at a ring there than in Philly...and they WILL pay for a WR.

All due respect to Moulds, it would probably be good for the Bills, and him, to part ways....I would like to see him end up with a contender, and get a shot of doing something in his career. As much bad "press" as he gets on TSW, you would think he was public enemy number one! He has been very loyal to the Bills. Perhaps his skills are not on level with his reputation, but he has been a pretty damn good player for us. That said, it may be time for the Bills to get younger all the way around, this latest attempt at rebuilding is flaming out...

Denver?  I think he has a better chance at a ring there than in Philly...and they WILL pay for a WR.

518116[/snapback]

Hate to say it, I could really see him in Dallas. They will be in the market for another WR next year, and something still tells me that Parcells (assuming he is back) will not seriously be interested in TO...Parcells would put a greater value on a very good "team player" over a one man (team) wrecking crew! Plus, Moulds, Price and Bledsoe were very productive together at one time...Keyshawn would be the odd man out!

Hate to say it, I could really see him in Dallas.  They will be in the market for another WR next year, and something still tells me that Parcells (assuming he is back) will not seriously be interested in TO...Parcells would put a greater value on a very good "team player" over a one man (team) wrecking crew!  Plus, Moulds, Price and Bledsoe were very productive together at one time...Keyshawn would be the odd man out!

518121[/snapback]

Yes, Dallas is a possiblity as well. Let's just get past the idea that EM will need to play for minimal dollars to be on a contender...that's plain ignorant...we agree on that, I think. I think EM is not what he used to be...but, in the right situation, he may not have to be. Jerry Rice wasn't the PRIME Jerry Rice in the last few years in SF...but, was still a valuable receiver. Aart Monk wasn't Monk in his prime for many years...but, was still tearing it up.

EM may be done in Buffalo...and maybe it's time...dunno. But he's far from done in the NFL.

after this season.  I know it isn't news to anyone here,  but isn't it weird they are reporting it every 20 minutes on their sports update?

Wonder who their source is,  and what triggered it.

517895[/snapback]

A lot of people on this site have been running this guy. Frankly, I hope he ends up with a great team because he deserves a chance to compete for a championship. He has been nothing but a victim of this screwed up organization.

...and those are two teams that will not pay big money for

518107[/snapback]

Yeah right. Like Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens and Armani Toomer all of whom were selected in the same class as Moulds. Are they on the downside of their careers???? The only downside regarding Moulds and these receivers is the fact the he's the only one playing for a team with an f'd up offensive line. It'll be the sad day if the Bills do cut him and we all watch as the worst fears are realized as he no doubt flourishes on a team that knows what it's doing. Harrison said he feels like he's been in the league only 4 years, you think Moulds isn't in the same kind of shape Marvin is in? Try again.

A lot of people on this site have been running this guy. Frankly, I hope he ends up with a great team because he deserves a chance to compete for a championship. He has been nothing but a victim of this screwed up organization.

518132[/snapback]

Oh, *WAH*. :devil: