Official "off the bledsoe blandwagon" thread

todd

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As most of you know, I've never really been on the Bledsoe Bandwagon but have tried to at least "run alongside it" for a while as a loyal Bills fan. All my old "fire in the belly" tirades about him were on target, I am truly sorry to say. The whole Bledsoe experiment was a mistake from the start and it's time to cut him loose. If he's smart, he'll retire.

Losman will be a good one, but will take time to develop. The Bills also need to find a Talley-type player to provide the competitive leadership on defense. (I thought Spikes was the guy - but he's been disappointing in that regard.)

Take this to the bank: Moose will not create another wallpaper featuring The Statue!

I actually thought our O-Line was playing pretty decently. The holes were there for our running game and the pass protection from the 5 O-lineman up front was better then it was last season. Putting it simply, good QBs find ways to win games. Bledsoe clearly is not a good QB in that regard. What I would do is bring in another QB during the next two weeks as an attempt to salvage the season until JP comes back from injury.

And speaking of JP, how many of you would support starting him when he gets healthy?

And speaking of JP, how many of you would support starting him when he gets healthy?

37793[/snapback]

I would...that's one vote...

I know all the "Rookie QB's can't start" garbage will come. But the truth is the quicker he gets to work through the rough spots, the closer he gets to being a quality Starter...The kids tough, he can handle it...

i have been optomistic that drew was going to be ok.i own his home and away jersey.i dont get to watch the games because i live in the hudson valley.all i get to watch is jets/giants.i did follow the game on nfl.com and their radio network.my question is was drew that horrible,7 sacks or was it the line?i mean travis only got 67 yards so the oakland defense must get some credit?i am starting to think drew is done.this sucks.

i'm with you. the sheer number of passes thrown at the knees and feet of wide open receivers is more than i can take. i have been behind this guy since the beginning...always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but what more can you say? he CAN'T move this offense!

i'm ready for shane matthews. at the very least, one more performance like that, and he sits.

I now am convinced that Drew is really not capable of being a firestarter on offense any more. He just can't do it.

37309[/snapback]

unfortunately TD relied on your unwavering support in the offseason to extend Drew's contract use almost $9 mil in cash on a non-productive QB instead of on much needed OL improvements.

thanks for your support.

Bledsoe has plenty left in the tank. 

Any knowledgeable football fan knows that the 2nd week in a row of 2.6 yards per carry rushing allows the D to T off on the pass game.  Blame Bledsoe if it makes it easier for you to swallow the fact that this offense is incapable of moving the ball on the ground.  The O line can't run block and they sure as hell can't pass block. 

Bledsoe is the scapegoat for the uninformed. 

I support the QB for this team who's working with no running game.

His name is Drew Bledsoe and he's a damn good quarterback.

37423[/snapback]

maybe if TD used some of that $8.75 mil he paid to Drew on OL reinforcements, the OL would be better at run and pass blocking for a cheaper QB with some mobility.

I would...that's one vote...

I know all the "Rookie QB's can't start" garbage will come. But the truth is the quicker he gets to work through the rough spots, the closer he gets to being a quality Starter...The kids tough, he can handle it...

37797[/snapback]

Fortunately our O has been dumbed down to rookie level already to accomodate our Hall of Fame QB, so JP shouldn't have a problem running it. :D

todd, youre like dopeahole, two years too late. 

37686[/snapback]

What's a dopeahole? No, really, what are you talking about?

Anywhoo, DB may still have something left in this league, just not here. He is still holding the ball way too long.

The O-line is not as bad as everyone thinks, but I do think Mike Williams is the weak link now. He either has to be moved inside or benched.

Indy Dave has the right point, who is out there who can play qb for us now? I'm not blaming TD on this one, he did not go out there and injure both Travis Brown and JP Losman.

There are a few guys who have to be benched, traded, cut, whatever. The typical 'weeding out the bad eggs' that a new coach should do. I think we know who they are. A linebacker dropping back to the 2 yard line to take a kickoff away from a receiver? Please.

Side note: I'm off the new uniform bandwagon, too. They officially suck now.