Carolina game

I don't have a good feeling about this week's game.

Carolina is a very good, well coached team. They'll be looking to rebound from last week's game.

Matchups: The Bills have the worst OL in the NFL and are going against one of the best DL in the game. The Bills will be lucky if JP Losman escapes alive.

The Bills defense is porous against a good running game and Stephen Davis is a punishing inside runner. And the Panthers can mix in the pass to keep the woeful D on its heels all day.

On the plus side, I see no reason Roscoe won't be able to have lots of returns and return yardage again. :lol:

Carolina is a very good, well coached team.  They'll be looking to rebound from last week's game.

Matchups: The Bills have the worst OL in the NFL and are going against one of the best DL in the game.  The Bills will be lucky if JP Losman escapes alive.

The Bills defense is porous against a good running game and Stephen Davis is a punishing inside runner.  And the Panthers can mix in the pass to keep the woeful D on its heels all day.

On the plus side, I see no reason Roscoe won't be able to have lots of returns and return yardage again.  :lol:

512831[/snapback]

No no no, you've got it all wrong. We'll win. Two of our three scores will be on freak special teams plays or because of Moorman's leg. Once that happens, they'll put up the "Bill-eve" signs, which will get our hopes up just in time to be beat down in Miami. Not because they're a better team, but because it's an away game.

That's how it goes... over and over and over. Gah. I'm too young to be this cynical. I feel bad for all of you guys that were big fans during the 80's!

Carolina is a very good, well coached team.  They'll be looking to rebound from last week's game.

Matchups: The Bills have the worst OL in the NFL and are going against one of the best DL in the game.  The Bills will be lucky if JP Losman escapes alive.

The Bills defense is porous against a good running game and Stephen Davis is a punishing inside runner.  And the Panthers can mix in the pass to keep the woeful D on its heels all day.

On the plus side, I see no reason Roscoe won't be able to have lots of returns and return yardage again.  :lol:

512831[/snapback]

no worries...if we only lose by 37, it will be an improvement over last week.

On the plus side, I see no reason Roscoe won't be able to have lots of returns and return yardage again.  :blink:

512831[/snapback]

I wouldn't go that far. The Panthers are a very well coached team, but their running game has been mediocre all year. Steve Smith and their defense has been carrying this team. They are living on reputation and a weak schedule this year.

I wouldn't go that far.  The Panthers are a very well coached team, but their running game has been mediocre all year.  Steve Smith and their defense has been carrying this team.  They are living on reputation and a weak schedule this year.

512886[/snapback]

To summarize,

Panthers: excellent coaching. Bills: bad coaching. Panthers: great defense. Bills: terrible offense. Panthers: average offense. Bills: highly suspect, overrated defense.

It's true, the Panthers are not a great running team. What I meant is that I fear they may get their running game going, together with their passing game against the Bills overrated defense. Partly, I think this can happen because the Bills offense will be going 3 and out all game against the Panthers defense. Davis and Foster are good backs, and the Bills D is miserable against the run.

I'm not expecting much from the Bills, other than maybe the chance to return a lot of kickoffs. I just hope JP Losman survives.

I disagree. We're a different team at home. We'll probably beat Carolina by at least 10 points.

The Bills aren't a great team--but I think people's impression of them (including my own) have been jaded by the San Diego loss. Yeah, we got blown out by San Diego. But San Diego and the other top 5 AFC teams are about ten times better than us and the rest of the NFC.

Bills win 27-17--mark it down. :blink:

Personally I look at it this way, since I have no choice to think positive, the seasons over imho and at least JP will get to see the tough defences... this can only help his development... think of it playing TB, Atlanta, New England, Carolina, San Diego and the rest, all tough teams... next year he will most likely be more prepared and will be better.

I wouldn't go that far.  The Panthers are a very well coached team, but their running game has been mediocre all year.  Steve Smith and their defense has been carrying this team.  They are living on reputation and a weak schedule this year.

512886[/snapback]

Agreed. Their shaky ground game has been well documented, but their defense has been disappointing. They lost Jenkins again early in the year, Julius Peppers has been hurt and playing, as one recent poster said, "like a former shadow of himself". But most importantly, MLB Dan Morgan is hurt and may not play. Without Morgan, the Bills should be able to feed the ball to McGahee for a steady stream of 4 yard gains. Our defense plays much better at home. IMO, Bills win.

Agreed.  Their shaky ground game has been well documented, but their defense has been disappointing.  They lost Jenkins again early in the year, Julius Peppers has been hurt and playing, as one recent poster said, "like a former shadow of himself".  But most importantly, MLB Dan Morgan is hurt and may not play.  Without Morgan, the Bills should be able to feed the ball to McGahee for a steady stream of 4 yard gains.  Our defense plays much better at home.  IMO, Bills win.

512971[/snapback]

I'M a former shadow of myself.

Guest BackInDaDay
On the plus side, I see no reason Roscoe won't be able to have lots of returns and return yardage again.  :blink:

512831[/snapback]

Whoopdedoo. If I want to see midgets, I'll go to the circus.

Give me a well-managed, well-coached, well-disciplined team that has a chance to win each Sunday. 50 yard punt returns in a losing effort don't impress me.

Just tailgate and have fun today. I don't think too many of us are expecting a Bills victory.

If the Bills win, hey, it's something extra to a day of football watching, not to mention food and imbibing for most of you. :blink:

Mike

the line is about 4 against the bills, no?

the bills are very strong at home, terrible on the road.

carolina turns the ball over and isn't that good on the road or in the cold.

their d line will eat our o line, but their secondary can't cover our WRs, so we should be able to make some plays.

they don't run well and our pass d at home is sensational.

we should win this one.

let's hope so anyway

but their secondary can't cover our WRs, so we should be able to make some plays.

I am going to have to 100% disagree with you on that one. Moulds can get open.....about 3 yards downfield and then get tackled. JP doesnt have enough time to get the ball downfield to Evans or Parrish today, and even if he did, Ken Lucas is one of the best corners that no one talks about, and he can cover and make plays.

I wish it were a different situation, but it just isnt.