WHO STAYS, WHO GOES?

inkman

Who would you like to see the Bills keep and build around, and who would you like to see jettisoned?

KEEPERS

QB: JP - Stupid question

QB: KH - good backup

RB: WM - see above

RB: Williams - good in spot duty

FB: DS - he's okay

TE: Everett - could be a weapon

WR: Evans - rising star

WR: Parrish - return skills alone merit roster spot

OL: Peters - still a project but may be worth it

OL: Villarial - plugger

OL: Gandy - atleast a backup

OL: Preston - Meet your new starting center

DL: Shobel - pretty good

DL: Anderson - backup

DL: Denney - versatile

DL: Kelsay - down year but talented

LB: Spikes - top 5 at his position

LB: Crowell - playing decent in TKO's absence

DB: McGee - good corner, all pro return man

DB: Greer - could start next year

DB: King - nickel back

DB: Baker - better value than Vincent

DB: Milloy - anyone see Coy Wire fill in?

K- Lindell- depends on contract

P- Moorman- all pro

SEE-YA

WR: Reed- too many drops

WR: Moulds - too expensive

TE: Campbell - not good at much

OL: MW - take care

OL: Teague- not big enough to handle the monster DT's

OL: Anderson - he can eat his big macs elsewhere

DL: Adams - no thanks

DL: Edwards - didn't do much before he got hurt

LB: Posey - enough "he does things that don't show up in the stat sheet"

LB: Fletcher - we can draft someone that makes 15 tackles a game 10 yards downfield

DB: Clements - let the playmaker get his $ elsewhere

DB: Vincent - see Baker

Areas of need:

OL, DL, WR and DB

Ways to address:

Rams won't be able to keep Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis, grab who ever becomes available.

Steve Hutchinson would look good in a Bills Uni!

CB Will Blackmon/Jimmy Williams first round pick.

Maurice Stovall second round pick opposite evans.

Just a few thoughts and opinions in lieu of this year being a POS!

I'd keep Fletcher and start Crowell with him and Spikes.

Sorry, there's NO WAY I draft a DB in the first round next year. This game is won in the trenches. I've seen too many other teams doing it this year and it has made me a believer. Gotta go OL and DT with the first three picks in my opinion. Protect the QB, run and stop the run baby.

Sorry, there's NO WAY I draft a DB in the first round next year. This game is won in the trenches. I've seen too many other teams doing it this year and it has made me a believer. Gotta go OL and DT with the first three picks in my opinion. Protect the QB, run and stop the run baby.

508967[/snapback]

That's fine, let's switch around the positions.

First round draft pick: Haloti Ngata

Second round pick: Winston Justice

Third Round pick: Matt Lentz

Free agent WR/DB: Antonio Bryant/Ricky Manning

508967[/snapback]

i agree... Keep in mind Fletcher had a hamstring injury this yr, that slows u down. Fletcher is a top 10 MLB in my opinion. I would like to see Milloy and Rashad bake as starting safeties next year. Vincent reminds me a lot of Izell Reese with better hands, and maybe slightly fatser. EIther way, they were both wimpy and afraid to hit. E moulds needs to go... he may in reality be dragging this team down right now. Also... we need more experience in the coaching staff. bring in an asst. head coach, obviously mularkey is struggling with his game planning. Tom Clements is expendable.

508967[/snapback]

Trenches? Hummm. If this is a game of trench warfare, and it is, seems we've gone to battle and only brought pea shooters.....

Not a bad look at next year's personnell issues

Just a couple of my own points

-I would also keep Fletcher (he is only as good as the line in front of him).

-Big Mike needs to be given a fair chance (more than 38 reps at) at LG although something needs to be done with his salary.

- Moulds can still provide value as a possesion guy but (like above) not at his current salary

- I also think that with Proper execution by the guys next to him (ie helping him out with the big DT's when they are supposed to), Teague has been a pretty productive player here.

Who would you like to see the Bills keep and build around, and who would you like to see jettisoned?

KEEPERS

QB: JP - Stupid question

QB: KH - good backup

RB: WM - see above

RB: Williams - good in spot duty

FB: DS - he's okay

TE: Everett - could be a weapon

WR: Evans - rising star

WR: Parrish - return skills alone merit roster spot

OL: Peters - still a project but may be worth it

OL: Villarial - plugger - Let him go...

OL: Gandy - atleast a backup - Let him go....

OL: Preston - Meet your new starting center

DL: Shobel - pretty good

DL: Anderson - backup

DL: Denney - versatile

DL: Kelsay - down year but talented

LB: Spikes - top 5 at his position

LB: Crowell - playing decent in TKO's absence

DB: McGee - good corner, all pro return man

DB: Greer - could start next year

DB: King - nickel back

DB: Baker - better value than Vincent

DB: Milloy - anyone see Coy Wire fill in?

K- Lindell- depends on contract

P- Moorman- all pro

SEE-YA

WR: Reed- too many drops - Let him go now...

WR: Moulds - too expensive - agreed

TE: Campbell - not good at much - I would keep - good blocker at least

OL: MW - take care- Waive him now...

OL: Teague- not big enough to handle the monster DT's - I might keep as a utility guy...

OL: Anderson - he can eat his big macs elsewhere

DL: Adams - no thanks

DL: Edwards - didn't do much before he got hurt

LB: Posey - enough "he does things that don't show up in the stat sheet"

LB: Fletcher - we can draft someone that makes 15 tackles a game 10 yards downfield

DB: Clements - let the playmaker get his $ elsewhere

DB: Vincent - see Baker

Areas of need:

Not a bad assessment...

i think the following gets us the best team possible next year:

WR--

get moulds to renegotiate BIG TIME (don't think he will) or just cut him

kick reed in the balls for 20 straight minutes, then cut him (even if he is a FA)

** we might want to sign a big body WR or draft one, unless Aiken can do it

OL: Teague is gone, buh bye

Williams-- he renegotiates. we can't keep him at his current cost and i think he looks bad enough that he knows he won't get big cash in FA. he stays our RT and when healthy can play

Sign Hutch/good rook G/somebody else for LG

Sign Le'Charles for C (at about 4.5 bucks a year he will be barely more expensive than TT)

draft an LT or 2 (at least 1 on day one)

Villarial and Preston can fight for RG, villarial might get cut too.

Dline: sam is gone

edwards comes back

we draft the best DT on the board, perhaps 2 (2 on day one might be a good idea)

LB: posey is gone, spikes fletcher and crowell look very good. i'd get rid of london if we can get someone else to replace him tho

Safety: keep vincent (he might be a better nickle, or to play in place of nate clements). cut milloy (wow, money for nothing. guy has heart but plays terribly)

Corner: sign nate if he ain't too expensive (5 or 6 years 30-35 mill would be worth it fo sho), other wise tag and trade (prolly get a late first or early second). if he goes we need a day one pick at corner, we should have 5 day one picks if he goes, so DT,DT,LT,C,S/LB/WR would be a nice mix

i don't think we need any other changes

cutting a bunch of dudes (moulds, milloy, maybe London, Adams, letting TT walk) will open up enough cash to get in 2 solid ass interior linemen.

if mike gets a paycut, we will all of a sudden have a good line!

losing a couple guys on O in 03 hurt us bad, losing a couple guys on D this year hurt us bad, i think we can add a couple guys on each side and get better just as quickly.

the biggest thing we have to do is get TC and grey out of here. MM is nothing special, but it is the schemes that hurt us the most.

Fat Mike does not deserve another chance. At this point, he should be a dominant LEFT tackle for this team. But he can't even get on the field because he's not as good as the garbage that is playing?

Let's not make bones about it. He's a complete bust. A total flop.

He was a risky pick at #4 in the first place. A huge, lard ass with "ballerina" feet that some numbskull thought could be moved to LT though there was zero evidence. They even compared him to his former mate and follow Texas lard ass bust, Leonard Davis.

Make no mistakes, the Cardinals and Bills were duped. Bigger is not better. Call it "bad luck" or whatever you want...

Anyways I almost agree with the original post, except I'd keep Cambell, Moulds, and Posey. And just use Posey as a backup to Crowell/Spikes, and use let Cambell split time with Everett, and be insurance in case Everett sucks. Also I'd use Moulds as starter and throw him the ball 20 times/game.

CB Nate Clements - Should try to work out long term deal before he hits the market.

C Trey Teague - Need to see how the OL shakes out this season.

FB Daimon Shelton - Signed contract extension through 2006.

DT Ron Edwards - Will be real valuable if he is a full time starter.

WR Josh Reed - May not make it through this coming season.

DE Ryan Denney - A backup pure and simple.

CB Kevin Thomas - Good corners are hard to find.

DT Justin Bannan - Replaceable.

RB Joe Burns - May not make the team this year.

Not my opinions. From website, too lazy to edit.

Good list overall. Personally, I'd spend to keep Clements.

Is there any chance Hutch is available? I haven't seen any reason to think he is, and if it is possible (if they have the tag and cap room, I don't know), I could see SEA tagging him. But he would be great.

I've written this in other threads already, but if you want to cut Moulds and Reed, you have to go and get another receiver. Freakin TD! I think we should look at Owens - he has the potential to be a Burress-like steal.

Also, I think if there are any good pass-rushing DE's available, we should make our pitch.

I know, we can't sign Owens, Clements, Hutch, and a DE, but maybe we can.