WHO STAYS, WHO GOES?

inkman

CB Nate Clements - Should try to work out long term deal before he hits the market.

C Trey Teague - Need to see how the OL shakes out this season.

FB Daimon Shelton - Signed contract extension through 2006.

DT Ron Edwards - Will be real valuable if he is a full time starter.

WR Josh Reed - May not make it through this coming season.

DE Ryan Denney - A backup pure and simple.

CB Kevin Thomas - Good corners are hard to find.

DT Justin Bannan - Replaceable.

RB Joe Burns - May not make the team this year.

Not my opinions.  From website, too lazy to edit.

509212[/snapback]

Heh, with that class, why bother resigning any of them? None of those guys seem to important to let go. Teague would be fine if its a small contract, Edwards is the same story. Outside of that, who cares about any of those guys?

I look at the teams who are solid week in and week out and they're built from interior line out! Jacksonville and Carolina are good examples. Chicago took Tommie Harris AND Tank Johnson in the same draft and look at them! Franchise Nate Clements with the distinct message that he's "up for sale" and garner a #1 pick for him. With Two first rounders, try Gabe Watson and Orien Harris (you get the message, Insert your own favorite college player at that position!) in the middle of your defensive line. Sign free agent OL's at Guard and possibly center. The chemistry in Buffalo sucks, so thin the roster of the problem children and find bonafided NFL quality performers! Other teams find these guys, so go draft about five or six! In my mind, the 2006 draft is going to be an eye opener in Buffalo! Retool the defense NOW before it becomes unsalvagable. Two stud DT's would turn the trick, if you ask me!!!

Who would you like to see the Bills keep and build around, and who would you like to see jettisoned? 

KEEPERS

QB: JP - Stupid question

QB: KH - good backup

RB: WM - see above

RB: Williams - good in spot duty

FB:  DS - he's okay

TE:  Everett - could be a weapon

WR: Evans - rising star

WR: Parrish - return skills alone merit roster spot

OL:  Peters - still a project but may be worth it

OL:  Villarial - plugger

OL:  Gandy - atleast a backup

OL:  Preston - Meet your new starting center

DL:  Shobel - pretty good

DL:  Anderson - backup

DL:  Denney - versatile

DL:  Kelsay - down year but talented

LB:  Spikes - top 5 at his position

LB:  Crowell - playing decent in TKO's absence

DB: McGee - good corner, all pro return man

DB: Greer - could start next year

DB:  King - nickel back

DB:  Baker - better value than Vincent

DB:  Milloy - anyone see Coy Wire fill in?

K- Lindell- depends on contract

P- Moorman- all pro

SEE-YA

WR:  Reed- too many drops

WR:  Moulds - too expensive

TE: Campbell - not good at much

OL: MW - take care

OL: Teague- not big enough to handle the monster DT's

OL: Anderson - he can eat his big macs elsewhere

DL:  Adams - no thanks

DL:  Edwards - didn't do much before he got hurt

LB:  Posey - enough "he does things that don't show up in the stat sheet"

LB:  Fletcher - we can draft someone that makes 15 tackles a game 10 yards downfield

DB:  Clements - let the playmaker get his $ elsewhere

DB:  Vincent - see Baker

Areas of need:

OL, DL, WR and DB

Ways to address:

Rams won't be able to keep Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis, grab who ever becomes available.

Steve Hutchinson would look good in a Bills Uni!

CB Will Blackmon/Jimmy Williams first round pick.

Maurice Stovall second round pick opposite evans. 

Just a few thoughts and opinions in lieu of this year being a POS!

508957[/snapback]

The Buffalo News Mark Gaughan quote "It's true the Bills' pass rush never bothered Brees, who was sacked just once; it was negated by a personal foul penalty on Bills linebacker Jeff Posey. "

Nice to see Posey getting his props. Haven't heard his name mentioned all season!

Nice Analysis inkman just a few points of disagreement/sharing my opinion for what it's worth.

I think Milloy is making more then Vincent, personally I think we could lose both but might likely keep Vincent because his ability to play CB for a year if we lose Clements. I'd look to draft Milloy's replacement with one of our 3rd Rounders.

MW- He's definately earning too much but keep him around only if he takes a pay cut. Also as good as Peters has looked I'd rather have him as a backup.

Posey- He's set to make 1.75 million (not sure his exact cap figuere) next year which is hardly a cap breaker. Until we have a proven replacement I keep him around. Moving Spikes to his position isn't a bad idea but still have questions about how Spikes will recover.

Fletcher- His struggles this year are more of a testament to our poor DT play.

Clements- He's a top 10 CB and worth the money his loss would be a big one.

I agree with the sentiments at DT and even if one was signed, I would still use our 2nd Rounder on a DT.

I like Hutchinson as much as the next guy but rather use the money toward Clements or if going to spend money on a free agent O-lineman rather see it go toward an OT, Mike Pearson might be available for a fair price but not sure if he'll return to his pre injury form.

I like both CBs you listed but rather use our top pick to fill the need at LT. If we do lose Nate, I use Vincent as a short term solution and use a high pick in 2007 for long term answer if can't find another "McGee" on day 2 in 2006.

I'd be willing to take a WR with our second 3rd Rounder but rather fill the need to replace Moulds with a veteran free agent like David Givens, Antonio Bryant or if available Amani Toomer.

Who would you like to see the Bills keep and build around, and who would you like to see jettisoned? 

KEEPERS

QB: JP - Stupid question

QB: KH - good backup

RB: WM - see above

RB: Williams - good in spot duty

FB:  DS - he's okay

TE:  Everett - could be a weapon

WR: Evans - rising star

WR: Parrish - return skills alone merit roster spot

OL:  Peters - still a project but may be worth it

OL:  Villarial - plugger

OL:  Gandy - atleast a backup

OL:  Preston - Meet your new starting center

DL:  Shobel - pretty good

DL:  Anderson - backup

DL:  Denney - versatile

DL:  Kelsay - down year but talented

LB:  Spikes - top 5 at his position

LB:  Crowell - playing decent in TKO's absence

DB: McGee - good corner, all pro return man

DB: Greer - could start next year

DB:  King - nickel back

DB:  Baker - better value than Vincent

DB:  Milloy - anyone see Coy Wire fill in?

K- Lindell- depends on contract

P- Moorman- all pro

SEE-YA

WR:  Reed- too many drops

WR:  Moulds - too expensive

TE: Campbell - not good at much

OL: MW - take care

OL: Teague- not big enough to handle the monster DT's

OL: Anderson - he can eat his big macs elsewhere

DL:  Adams - no thanks

DL:  Edwards - didn't do much before he got hurt

LB:  Posey - enough "he does things that don't show up in the stat sheet"

LB:  Fletcher - we can draft someone that makes 15 tackles a game 10 yards downfield

DB:  Clements - let the playmaker get his $ elsewhere

DB:  Vincent - see Baker

Areas of need:

OL, DL, WR and DB

Ways to address:

Rams won't be able to keep Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis, grab who ever becomes available.

Steve Hutchinson would look good in a Bills Uni!

CB Will Blackmon/Jimmy Williams first round pick.

Maurice Stovall second round pick opposite evans. 

Just a few thoughts and opinions in lieu of this year being a POS!

508957[/snapback]

SCHOBEL???????????????????????-DO YOU WATCH THE gAMES????????????????????????????????????? for the love of GOD!!!!

My dream offseason

QB: Losman

HB: McGahee

FB: Shelton

WR: Evans, Antonio Bryant (FA), Parrish, Possibly Moulds if restructures

TE: Everett, Tim E.

RT: Peters

RG: Chris V.

C: Preston

LG: 3rd round pick (or FA accusition)

LT: Gandy

DE: Schobel, Denney

DT: 1st round pick , Sam Adams

DT: 2nd round pick, Edwards, Anderson

DE: 1st round pick (for franchising Clements), Kelsay

OLB: Crowell

MLB: Fletcher

OLB: Spikes, 3rd round pick for Henry

CB:McGee

SS:Milloy

FS: Baker

CB:FA acquistion and Vincent backing up

Instead of a DE we could go with a Linebacker in the 1st instead and I'de still be happy. If we could rotate all those guys on the D-line I think we'de be in good shape.

great question ...

Start with Tom Donahoe - it has to start and end there.

Bring in a GM and coach tandem ... one that is not threatened by each other's presence (i.e. see Bellichick & Pioli)

who leaves ...

- Trey Teague

- Bennie Anderson

- Chris Villarial (good passion, but over the hill)

- our tight ends (all of them)

- all runners, but McGahee and Shelton

- Eric Moulds

- Josh Reed

- Sam Adams

- Jeff Posey

- Troy Vincent

- Lawyer Milloy

- Nate Clements

The only coaches I would keep is Bobby April and McNally (I still believe is his ability with the right players)

- I would look to invest heavily in both lines - use Crowell on full-time basis and try to acquire some secondary help

Offensively, I would PRAY

I look at the teams who are solid week in and week out and they're built from  interior line out! Jacksonville and Carolina are good examples. Chicago took Tommie Harris AND Tank Johnson in the same draft and look at them! Franchise Nate Clements with the distinct message that he's "up for sale" and garner a #1 pick for him. With Two first rounders, try Gabe Watson and Orien Harris (you get the message, Insert your own favorite college player at that position!) in the middle of your defensive line. Sign free agent OL's at Guard and possibly center. The chemistry in Buffalo sucks, so thin the roster of the problem children and find bonafided NFL quality performers! Other teams find these guys, so go draft about five or six! In my mind, the 2006 draft is going to be an eye opener in Buffalo! Retool the defense NOW before it becomes unsalvagable. Two stud DT's would turn the trick, if you ask me!!!

509232[/snapback]

I agree except I wonder if Nate will draw a first rounder. I would love to see two young stud DT's. Teams with an interior tandem is extremely difficult to gameplan for. Everytime I watch J-ville I am so envious of Stroud and Henderson.

I'd like to use this thread to say that I am pissed that we didn't sign Rick DeMulling.

509950[/snapback]

Well, he wouldn'r hurt but the teams problems go a lot deeper than our starting LG. Not that it doesn't need to be addressed but I think people are underestimating the presence of TKO on this D. He is really missed. He made everyone better and especially LOOK better. It's amazing what one monster playmker will do for a defense.