What I learned today

DeeRay

1) JP is far from the problem... and he might be part of the answer.

2) Willis ain't the best back in the NFL (not even close)

3) Our defense is really bad... did SD really roll up close to 500 yds.?

4) the entire team looks slower and seems to have less stamina than I remember seeing a year ago (I want Rusty Jones back)

5) The offensive line can play bad even without Mike Williams

6) Sam Adams needs gastric bypass surgery.

7) Rian Lindell is a fair weather kicker... he needs to find a home with a dome.

8) Where would this team be without Eric Moulds? (answer, still 4-6). He aint the problem.

9) Coy Wire was inactive ( no, really)

10) There can't be a team on this planet considering Jerry Gray as their next HC... unless perhaps the Spanish National Bullfighter team.

11) There's not a detergent yet invented that can clean the grass and chalk stains off the ass of Trey Teague's uniform.

12) I should have raked leaves today.

4) the entire team looks slower and seems to have less stamina than I remember seeing a year ago (I want Rusty Jones back)

7) Rian Lindell is a fair weather kicker... he needs to find a home with a dome.

8) Where would this team be without Eric Moulds?  (answer, still 4-6). He aint the problem.

10) There can't be a team on this planet considering Jerry Gray as their next HC... unless perhaps the Spanish National Bullfighter team.

11) There's not a detergent yet invented that can clean the grass and chalk stains off the ass of Trey Teague's uniform.

508467[/snapback]

Right on target for the most part, especially #8. I'm not sure why a lot of people are putting down Eric Moulds. We need him on this football team.

8) Where would this team be without Eric Moulds?  (answer, still 4-6). He aint the problem.

508467[/snapback]

Willis is in the top 5. If the coaching staff knew how to use him, he'd probably be in the top 2-3.

Moulds is done. He's done nothing to help a young QB out (he has to have some of the worst numbers for a #1 WR, and he's not worth the money. Cut him.

Right on target for the most part, especially #8.  I'm not sure why a lot of people are putting down Eric Moulds.  We need him on this football team.

508472[/snapback]

Need is a bit strong. Eric Moulds is now where Andre Reed was in the late 1990's, which is to say, circling the drain. He hasn't aged as gracefully as some of his counterparts.

508467[/snapback]

#4 is very interesting. Hadn't thought about it, but if there was one staff position that it made no sense to change, it was Rusty. No doubt, this team looks worn out on defense. Not having Rusty could be part of that. Meanwhile, Rusty's Bears are singing his praises.

#4 is very interesting.  Hadn't thought about it, but if there was one staff position that it made no sense to change, it was Rusty.  No doubt, this team looks worn out on defense.  Not having Rusty could be part of that.  Meanwhile, Rusty's Bears are singing his praises.

508526[/snapback]

This may very well be true, but I am always skeptical about guys who leave and have success. It doesn't mean they were getting the job done in BUFFALO. Rusty may have needed a change of scenery or maybe the team wasn't buyng into his methods anymore.

Without being on the inside, it is hard to say what the truth is.

#4 is very interesting.  Hadn't thought about it, but if there was one staff position that it made no sense to change, it was Rusty.  No doubt, this team looks worn out on defense.  Not having Rusty could be part of that.  Meanwhile, Rusty's Bears are singing his praises.

508526[/snapback]

More cronyism from the old Pitt crew... :w00t:

Need is a bit strong.  Eric Moulds is now where Andre Reed was in the late 1990's, which is to say, circling the drain.  He hasn't aged as gracefully as some  of his counterparts.

508518[/snapback]

I think Moulds really hasnt gotten a chance to show much with the lousy QBing from JP and the bad O-line play. A WR has to get good passes.

508526[/snapback]

It was very hot (temperature wise) at the game. Most people were baking in the sun. The players on the field must have been ready to have heat stroke. That may have been a factor. Tampa Bay and Oakland come to mind as well. This team doesn't play well in the heat.

508526[/snapback]

....maybe it was the 37:30 mins on the field?

It was very hot (temperature wise) at the game. Most people were baking in the sun. The players on the field must have been ready to have heat stroke. That may have been a factor. Tampa Bay and Oakland come to mind as well. This team doesn't play well in the heat.

508648[/snapback]

....maybe it was the 37:30 mins on the field?

508650[/snapback]

Hmm, this sounds a lot like the Tampa Bay game, doesn't it? We'll have too see how hot it is when Chicago plays in TB next weekend, and how well they look....

Regardless of how Rusty's new team holds up, they Bills have consistently worn down. They are not in the condition they need to be.

508467[/snapback]

Went to the game yesterday and your post is 200% accurate. The only thing I would add to your 12 days to Christmas list is how in the hell to Josh Reed win the receiver of the year award in college football in 2001? Holy cow is that guy bad!

Went to the game yesterday and your post is 200% accurate. The only thing I would add to your 12 days to Christmas list is how in the hell to Josh Reed win the receiver of the year award in college football in 2001? Holy cow is that guy bad!

508683[/snapback]

Good post Dee! I agree with pass. 2 of 3 of Josh Reed's dropped passes would have resulted in touchdowns. I do have to disagree with Dee on one thing Eric Moulds. He gets stuffed more than a Thanksgiving turkey.

508467[/snapback]

Re. #2, it didn't help that the Chargers were leading by 21 before Willis had even 5 carries. Of course, it also didn't help that WM fumbled the ball when we were down 21-3, leading to another SD TD.

Re. #3, I think they had almost 500 yards in the first half. It was possibly the worst I have ever seen the Bills defense look in a game ever. I am only thankful that the Colts are not on the schedule this year. (Then again, I'm sure the game at Cinci will be a blood bath).