A Call To Terminate The Contract

Bill from NYC

Reactionary? Perhaps, but he is a player who truly does suck. Talk about a TD bust? He was the 4th pick in the 2nd round of a draft. When has he taken over a game? When has he caught a winning TD?

What he IS prone to do is drop the easiest of the easy throws.

Josh Reed has zero breakaway speed. He is a possession receiver with bad hands. He does not play special teams. I don't know for sure if it is true, but he has been said to be a heavy partier.

Were it up to me, TD would grow a pair and get rid of this worthless alleged football player. He should step up and take responsibility for yet another draft blunder.

Josh and the beached whale were the 4th picks in round 1 and 2 of the 2002 draft. MW must stay because of his obscene signing bonus. Josh can go.

It is time to cut bait and spare the fans of having to watch this sub-par loser screwing up our games and slowing the development of our qb.

Reactionary? Perhaps, but he is a player who truly does suck. Talk about a TD bust? He was the 4th pick in the 2nd round of a draft. When has he taken over a game? When has he caught a winning TD?

Josh Reed has zero breakaway speed. He is a possession receiver with bad hands. He does not play special teams. I don't know for sure if it is true, but he has been said to be a heavy partier.

Were it up to me, TD would grow a pair and get rid of this worthless alleged football player. He should step up and take responsibility for yet another draft blunder.

Josh and the beached whale were the 4th picks in round 1 and 2 of the 2002 draft. MW must stay because of his obscene signing bonus. Josh  can go.

It is time to cut bait and spare the fans of having to watch this sub-par loser screwing up our games and slowing the development of our qb.

508192[/snapback]

And who told you this on that fateful draft day? I await your lauding with baited breath.

It pisses me off that he can't cover anyone or make tackles in the open field, either.

I love the "off with their heads" mentality.  Run with it...

508200[/snapback]

heh. Funny you should mention that. He reminds me of a certain CB who yused to play here with the last name of Smith. hands of stone.

Very good pick at that time in the draft, but he has regressed. People loved him his first season. He would routinely come up with key catches in traffic. His demise started when he dropped a wide open ball in the season opener when we beat NE 31-0 that opening day in '02. He seems to have confidence problems since. We have more capable people now so I agree he has to drop a few spots on the depth charts and stick to special teams.

It pisses me off that he can't cover anyone or make tackles in the open field, either.

I love the "off with their heads" mentality.  Run with it...

508200[/snapback]

I did allow for the fact that my post was perhaps reactionary.

That said, please make the case on how he was worth the 4th pick in a second round, and how he contributes to the Buffalo Bills Football Team winning games.

The fact is Darin, you cannot. He is a possession receiver with bad hands. Do you deny this?

I did allow for the fact that my post was perhaps reactionary.

That said, please make the case on how he was worth the 4th pick in a second round, and how he contributes to the Buffalo Bills Football Team winning games.

The fact is Darin, you cannot. He is a possession receiver with bad hands. Do you deny this?

508218[/snapback]

I honestly don't know how any receiver can play in this abortion of an offense - or be evaluated therein.

I honestly don't know how any receiver can play in this abortion of an offense - or be evaluated therein.

508232[/snapback]

AD, I hear what you are saying, but a good start would be to catch the football on the rare occasion that your qb does have the time to deliver you a strike.

It isn't just me. JP looked like he was ready to shoot himself after Reed dropped the touchdown; an absolutely beautiful throw. After the next drop that would have been a long first down, Reed no longer belonged on a professional football field.

508232[/snapback]

I know what ya mean but its not like Reed's problems have suddenly came about this year. Sure we haven't had a decent offense in a few years but that's no excuse for dropping catchable balls. What ever happened to if you get your hands on it, you catch it or you sit. I heard during the Colts/Bengals game that during practice last week, Marvin Harrison dropped a pass from Peyton that was right there. They said it was the first time it had happened in 6 weeks. Bottom line, is Josh Reed the reason this team blows? no. But after you talk about all the obvious major problems at nauseum and then see a "game" like today, the smaller things come to the forefront.

AD, I hear what you are saying, but a good start would be to catch the football on the rare occasion that your qb does have the time to deliver you a strike.

It isn't just me. JP looked like he was ready to shoot himself after Reed dropped the touchdown; an absolutely beautiful throw. After the next drop that would have been a long first down, Reed no longer belonged on a professional football field.

508259[/snapback]

I'm not going to get on Reed for dropping that TD, that would have been an almost impossible catch to make. Reed and the DB were bumping each other, Reed created some separation at the last second but the DB got a piece of the ball right before it got to Reed. Sure he could have caught it but it would have been spectacular if he had.

The drop on the next series is a different story. Right in his hands for what would have been a 20-yard gain.

That being said I think you're going overboard with the "get rid of Reed" stuff. Yeah, he had a bad game but he's played pretty well most of the season and JP seems to have some chemistry with him.

I would have no problem at all with him being cut tomorrow - fug it, tonight, make him buy his own plane ticket home. Mularkey's only chance to save his job (not that he'll be fired - but just to be successful) will be to cut/bench/kill someone. Fug it - you know what Mularkey should've done at halftime? Call the team together, make them vote for the one of them that should die, and then shoot that guy on the spot.

FUG I hate these clowns.

Josh needs to go spend some time with Torry Holt and his ball machine.....there is just no excuse for a receiver to drop this many big passes at this level. Everyone has a bad game, but this has been an issue with the guy for a while now.....Enough already!

My thinking is that he already puts in this kind of time, but perhaps not with Holt.

508297[/snapback]

I'd be interested to find out if he has, in all honesty.....Is he really doing what Holt does? 100 balls a day? If not, there's just no excuse.....I really like the kid, and I want him to be a player, but I'm getting just about as frustrated as you are with his drops....especially if JP is improving his decision making and his accuracy.

The way he played today, yeah, I am saying that he does more than 100 balls per day.

He needs to concentrate on footballs.

508307[/snapback]

I don't care if he catches 10,000 a day from the jugs machine. Just catch the ones in the games.

He needs to concentrate on footballs.

508307[/snapback]

Well hell, maybe that's the problem then.....exactly what kind of balls is he practicing with if they aren't footballs?? :w00t:

Josh and the beached whale were the 4th picks in round 1 and 2 of the 2002 draft. MW must stay because of his obscene signing bonus. Josh  can go.

508192[/snapback]

I'll second that. I even called in on the Bills post game (radio) show asking how much longer we'll have to watch Reed's failure after failure, after failure.....

What's worse is a moronic game plan or fixation by the coaches and QB to try to use him as a primary weapon...

508229[/snapback]

Even after he dropped two passes early - one for a TD, I thought they should go back to him one more time to show his drops wouldn't keep him out of the gameplan. Instead they kept throwing to him like he was the gameplan. :w00t:

508192[/snapback]

Yeah he does play special teams.And why do they put him back there to return kick-offs .This really pisses me off,when they do this sometimes.Like he`s going to break one. :w00t: