Has ER offically jumped the shark?

I haven't watched the show in about 5 years so it is tough to tell. Last night however I saw a commercial for the "most dramatic episode ever" which featured a plane crashing in Chicago and all the doctors were at the crash site crawling around burning wreckage.

Did this show actually jump the shark long ago and I missed it or does this offically qualify?

I think they definitely jumped the shark when the helicopter fell out of the sky onto Dr. Romano (the jerk dr whose arm was cut off by a helicopter on the hospital roof previously).

So, when exactly do "sweeps" run from and to? I would guess that most shows that do jump the shark jump when they are in hotter water.

I haven't watched the show in about 5 years so it is tough to tell. Last night however I saw a commercial for the "most dramatic episode ever" which featured a plane crashing in Chicago and all the doctors were at the crash site crawling around burning wreckage.

Did this show actually jump the shark long ago and I missed it or does this offically qualify?

505025[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess...as long as they keep axeing and introducing new characters, though, it keeps the show...well, not exactly fresh, but from getting moldy at least.

It sure as hell ain't the best show on TV anymore, though.

I stopped watching the year after Clooney left (he was in the last episode where Juliana Margulies met him in Seattle). I think that was '99. I saw where Alan Alda was on it like a year later. He's now on "The West Wing", which put on the water skis the year after Aaron Sorkin left.

The CSIs and Law & Order(s) tend to focus on single plot lines rather than characters. These dramas are rarely any good after 5 years, with the possible exception of "NYPD Blue". Of course, in my opinion, nothing will ever touch "Homicide: Life on the Street".

I think they definitely jumped the shark when the helicopter fell out of the sky onto Dr. Romano (the jerk dr whose arm was cut off by a helicopter on the hospital roof previously).

So, when exactly do "sweeps" run from and to?  I would guess that most shows that do jump the shark jump when they are in hotter water.

505035[/snapback]

I didn't know until I saw a "where are they now?" show that Dr. Romano was the red haired angst ridden actor in the movie Fame (which I have only seen in channel surfing).

I didn't know until I saw a "where are they now?" show that Dr. Romano was the red haired angst ridden actor in the movie Fame (which I have only seen in channel surfing).

505174[/snapback]

TV needs to go away. The internet is bad enough. Shouldn't have both, or are they the same?

Immediate gratification.

Sorry, this might have been PPP until the new format.

505174[/snapback]

Holy crap!

I don't think I saw the movie, but I can picture him (did I see the movie? was I on a date? was I intoxicated? Tell me I didn't enjoy the movie!)...

I used to watch that show every week.

The last show that I watched was that live episode several years ago. For some reason, that episode turned me off on the show and I stopped watching. I could not even tell you who is on it.

IMO it jumped the shark when the doctor died (the one with the glasses, can't remember his name) from cancer in Hawaii.

505888[/snapback]

Dr. Green (Anthony Edwards).

I'm a huge ER fan, as I watch it every Thursday. Yes, it's gotten a tad stale, but I still love it.

This show jumped the shark many many years ago.  Can you imagine an emergency room that constantly has people running around with guns and allows all of its doctors to roam around the city looking for disasters?

505730[/snapback]

If I were badly injured in that Chicago and needed to go to an ER, I'd be begging them "Please, please, anywhere but County!" Just look at how often doctors die in that ER... <_<