Star Wars Marathon

lawnboy1977

It may take away from some of the suspense of empire, "I am your father", but it really does add to the storyline so much more and you look at them is such a different way.  I think there are some people who never want to look at Vader as nothing more than this horrible monster who kills people from the day he was born. 

505322[/snapback]

Anakin was a jerk in all the prequels. After watching Episode II, was there any question he was an whiny, evil monster? He wiped out an entire village including woman and children! And apparently his future wife wasn't bothered by this at all.

Episode III was the only one where I felt any sympathy for him but then again that's the only one where they let Hayden Christianson act.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if you're kidding, so I'll give you a straight answer:

Episode IV (Star Wars "A New Hope") is chronologically first in Earth-time (released in 1977).  In far far away, long long ago land, they play out episodes one through six in order by number. 

The little kid in Episode I (The Phantom Menace) grows up to be Darth Vader by Episode IV. 

(Sorry if I spoiled anything...!)

505093[/snapback]

Holy crap. Did you just *really* say "Earth Time?" <_<

(I kid! I kid!)

To keep it VERY simple, the order of the story is I through VI, but I & II kinda sorta really suck.

I think folks were cautioning you that you might watch I & II and say !@#$ this. :lol:

:P  :blink:  :blink:

Well, now I'm really having a blonde moment. I'm surprised that there would be so many different opinions on what order to watch them in.

OK. I want to watch them in chronological order of the actual events, not the release dates.

Can we start over - I'm confused.  <_<

505189[/snapback]

The TBD ladies are delightful. You cannot BUY them! <_<

Yeah, Go there.

Buy expensive drinks and she goes back to her "own hotel room".

I figured it out when I saw Triumph the Dog holding the burrito appetizer tray.

These TSW women are hard, trust me. Cable will put you over the edge, and Lori is just too damn smart.

Gotta love their webcams, though.

Just make sure you don't accidentally click on the Crap Throwing Monkey.

It's actually frightening.

505216[/snapback]

As a Star Wars fan, I have not attempted to watch all 6 Star Wars films in one sitting, yet.

I would suggest that AussieW start off watching, Star Wars, Empire, & Jedi, then move on to Menace, Clones, & Sith.

There is no question that Sith is the best of the prequels, and while Menace and Clones are weaker, I do not believe they are unwatchable.

Menace has a very good start, but definitely becomes slow when they get to Tattooine, and a lot of people have their issues with Jar-Jar, except me.

Still, Liam Neeson plays one of the more interesting characters in the Star Wars saga, the pod race is fun, and you can not be disappointed with the duel between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, & Darth Maul.

Clones does suffer from the love story not being that good. Also Hayden Christensen's performance is almost forgettable. The Clone planet is great, as is Jango Fett.

The second half of Clones is definitely stronger. Everything on Geonosis is great to see, Count Dooku is a very good villain, and the ending is a good segue to Episode III.

As I said Sith is the best of the prequels. Hayden Christiansen does a complete 360 in his acting this time around. Lots of lightsabre action, and Ian McDiarmid finally gets a chance to do some acting and is superb in his performance.

This may sound nitpicky, but would'nt it have been great if we had seen more of Count Dooku in this episode, and if General Grievous had been around more too?

Say what you want about George Lucas as a writer, but he comes up with some of the best villains on screen.

This may sound nitpicky, but would'nt it have been great if we had seen more of Count Dooku in this episode, and if General Grievous had been around more too?

505446[/snapback]

If you read the book of Sith (I actually listened to the Audio Book, which was great), the duels and fights with Dooku and Grievous lasted much longer, as did the opening battle of the movie. There was a lot more action in the book than the movie actually.

ok, its simple

If you want chronological order of the movie events, then go like this:

Eipsode I: The Phantom Menace

Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Episode IV: Star Wars: A New Hope

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Notes: in the movie timeline, there are 10 yrs between eps I and II, a few yrs between Eps II and II, about 20 years between eps III and IV, about 5 yrs between eps IV and V, and a few months between eps V and VI

I'd invite you over to watch them with me, but my girl tends to react negatively toward me bringing other girls over, especially blonde ones

If you want order of theatrical release, go Ep IV (1977), Ep V (1980), Ep VI (1983), Ep I (1999), Ep II (2002), Ep III (2005)

Thank you for settling my ditzy confusion Ramius. Luv ya'

Go ahead.  Dress up.  Put on your cologne.  Hold the door open for her.

If she's like most pretty girls in their early 20's, she'll run away screaming.

Meanwhile, here on day 458 of preparation for the day I meet her, my plans of dressing like a slob and bringing a switchblade on our first date are looking pretty good.  I may also eat with my hands and fake illiteracy.

505254[/snapback]

Don't forget to breathe through your mouth. Chicks dig that.

Anakin was a jerk in all the prequels.  After watching Episode II, was there any question he was an whiny, evil monster?  He wiped out an entire village including woman and children!  And apparently his future wife wasn't bothered by this at all.

Episode III was the only one where I felt any sympathy for him but then again that's the only one where they let Hayden Christianson act.

505398[/snapback]

I can see that, I think it was all nessecary to show the scenes with the sand people and is arrogance growing in EP II.

Without question Sith is the best of the prequels, but I think the buildup in all 3 is done quite well.

If you watch Episodes I-III, a lot of the suspense in IV-VI is lost, especially in Empire.  That, and the original three are so much better than the most recent three (although Sith was good, after the first 20 minutes anyway).

CW

505178[/snapback]

I think if you have never seen the movies before, watching them IV-V-VI-I-II-III is the way to go.

Then, once you've done that, watch them again I-II-III-IV-V-VI.

I can see that, I think it was all nessecary to show the scenes with the sand people and is arrogance growing in EP II. 

Without question Sith is the best of the prequels, but I think the buildup in all 3 is done quite well.

505698[/snapback]

The story-line was laid out really well...especially how the emperor came to be....the scheming, etc....trying to avoid too much detail to not spoil it for the "newbies," but it was cool to see it unfold.

I love SW threads <_<

Why don't any of you other SW nerds live closer to Atlanta? I just put in a projector with a 120" screen (digital surround sound courtesy of Magnepan :w00t:.....I'd love to geek out with some of you who are die hard fans. I don't mind referring to myself as a SW geek, cause I could kick most of your assses anyway 0:) Seriously, I'm used to working 12 hr shifts, so to have a SW marathon would be killer.

A couple of other tidbits.....

- I still say that MANY people who didn't like the prequels (particularly Ep.I) didn't really understand or pay attention to all the strategizing and maneuvering behind the scenes.

- I think I'd advise people to watch them in the same order the rest of us saw them in.....OT first, then PT. I think it adds a whole lot of depth to the characters, and I also think the PT will be more interesting than if you hadn't already seen the OT.

- I also agree that Sith was far and away the best of the prequels, and while there are parts that I'll fast forward through on repeat viewings, I agree with what was said above about their being some really cool stuff in there, too.....I thought all the scenes with Darth Maul were cool as hell.

I love SW threads :w00t:

Why don't any of you other SW nerds live closer to Atlanta? I just put in a projector with a 120" screen (digital surround sound courtesy of Magnepan 0:).....I'd love to geek out with some of you who are die hard fans. I don't mind referring to myself as a SW geek, cause I could kick most of your assses anyway  :P  Seriously, I'm used to working 12 hr shifts, so to have a SW marathon would be killer.

A couple of other tidbits.....

- I still say that MANY people who didn't like the prequels (particularly Ep.I) didn't really understand or pay attention to all the strategizing and maneuvering behind the scenes.

- I think I'd advise people to watch them in the same order the rest of us saw them in.....OT first, then PT. I think it adds a whole lot of depth to the characters, and I also think the PT will be more interesting than if you hadn't already seen the OT.

- I also agree that Sith was far and away the best of the prequels, and while there are parts that I'll fast forward through on repeat viewings, I agree with what was said above about their being some really cool stuff in there, too.....I thought all the scenes with Darth Maul were cool as hell.

506102[/snapback]

Yes, you are SW geek. :P You know, I'd love to come geek out with you and watch the movies straight through. <_<

Yes, you are SW geek.  0:)  You know, I'd love to come geek out with you and watch the movies straight through.  <_<

506111[/snapback]

lol, I know you would.....you have an open invitation :w00t: