Star Wars Marathon

lawnboy1977

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't try it yet... the day after thanksgiving is a good day to do it... I wish I had the day to use that way... yes, I too am a GEEK. Over Christmas break, I have all week between christmas and new year's off, so I may try it then... I'll be home alone so I may put one whole day to that... just to say I did it.

although I will be fast forwarding threw the pod race in Ep. 1... does that still count?

I had the dubious distinction of never having seen ANY of the SW films in their entirety before this year.

When Sith came out, I decided to rectify that problem.

I went and bought the trilogy package plus Episodes I and II. I watched Episode IV and part of V on Friday night. I watched the rest of V, VI and part of I on Saturday night. I finished I and watched II on Sunday, then went to see III in the theater on Sunday night. :):)

Six movies in about 48 hours.

Pretty cool, actually. :blush:

I went and bought the trilogy package plus Episodes I and II. I watched Episode IV and part of V on Friday night. I watched the rest of V, VI and part of I on Saturday night. I finished I and watched II on Sunday, then went to see III in the theater on Sunday night.  

I'd like to do the same thing. What is the correct order to watch them in if I want them to be chronological? I've only seen the most recent two moves.

I'd like to do the same thing.  What is the correct order to watch them in if I want them to be chronological?  I've only seen the most recent two moves.

505037[/snapback]

Star wars time line, they go Ep I-VI

In real time, as in when made and released, they go Ep IV, V, VI, I, II, III

I think it is:

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Episodes I-III

505057[/snapback]

Keeping the same release order:

Star Wars (aka "Star Wars: A New Hope")

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

not even when I was a youth in th 70's and there were only 3, now a planet of the apes marathon at the old Bayberry Theater was another story

I don't know how many Star Wars nuts we have here but with EP 3 now being on DVD has anyone attempted to watch all 6 in a row.  I might be doing it the day after Thanksgiving, just wondering if anyone else has thought the same.  Yes I'm a geek.

505018[/snapback]

Keeping the same release order:

Star Wars (aka "Star Wars: A New Hope")

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

How can Star Wars be the first one chronologically if the little kid is grown up?

Cue the obligatory Triumph link  :)

"Look at this one. You are some kind of super nerd, built in a laboratory out of parts of lesser nerds."

505069[/snapback]

Triumph: You're going to be having a little nerd?

Pregnant Lady: Yes, a little Jedi.

Triumph: That's wonderful. That will be the only time he sees female genitalia.

:)

How can Star Wars be the first one chronologically if the little kid is grown up?

505081[/snapback]

I'm not sure if you're kidding, so I'll give you a straight answer:

Episode IV (Star Wars "A New Hope") is chronologically first in Earth-time (released in 1977). In far far away, long long ago land, they play out episodes one through six in order by number.

The little kid in Episode I (The Phantom Menace) grows up to be Darth Vader by Episode IV.

(Sorry if I spoiled anything...!)

I'd like to do the same thing.  What is the correct order to watch them in if I want them to be chronological?  I've only seen the most recent two moves.

505037[/snapback]

Do yourself a favor and watch them in the order they were released, starting with Episode IV (New Hope). If you watch Episode I first, you might not even want to watch the rest of the series, which would be a shame because the original trilogy was good.

CW

I had the dubious distinction of never having seen ANY of the SW films in their entirety before this year.

When Sith came out, I decided to rectify that problem.

I went and bought the trilogy package plus Episodes I and II.  I watched Episode IV and part of V on Friday night.  I watched the rest of V, VI and part of I on Saturday night.  I finished I and watched II on Sunday, then went to see III in the theater on Sunday night.  :)  :)

Six movies in about 48 hours.

Pretty cool, actually.  :blush:

505032[/snapback]

That's about the equivalant of what I have done up to this point, my buddy wants to do the hour 6 in a row 13 hour marathon. After that, I'm going to not even know what planet I am on!!