Star Wars Marathon

lawnboy1977

Do yourself a favor and watch them in the order they were released, starting with Episode IV (New Hope).  If you watch Episode I first, you might not even want to watch the rest of the series, which would be a shame because the original trilogy was good.

CW

505121[/snapback]

This is a major argument now among us star wars geeks. I would say for the full experience, you have to watch it starting with Episode I, Phantom menace, then clones, then sith, then go to the OT. New Hope, Empire and Jedi. If you have not watched the originals yet, this will be a great way to see the story from beginning to end. Watching the original str wars, ANH, after having seen Sith puts everything in a whole new light.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see that, but wouldn't it make sense to watch Sith, then the originals?

505142[/snapback]

I thought the last hour of Sith was more powerful because I knew what happened after Sidious/Vader succeeded.

Plus the ending with the twin suns on Tatooine brought everything full circle (from SW to Sith).

George Lucas basically shot himself in the foot with ROTS because it showed he could make a really great Star Wars prequel, which made the other two (lousy) prequels even less excusible.

I thought the last hour of Sith was more powerful because I knew what happened after Sidious/Vader succeeded.

Plus the ending with the twin suns on Tatooine brought everything full circle (from SW to Sith).

George Lucas basically shot himself in the foot with ROTS because it showed he could make a really great Star Wars prequel, which made the other two (lousy) prequels even less excusible.

505151[/snapback]

And while you're discussing this, I'm putting cologne on for my date with Mandy Moore. Wearing a killer tie, too.

This is a major argument now among us star wars geeks.  I would say for the full experience, you have to watch it starting with Episode I, Phantom menace, then clones, then sith, then go to the OT.  New Hope, Empire and Jedi.  If you have not watched the originals yet, this will be a great way to see the story from beginning to end.  Watching the original str wars, ANH, after having seen Sith puts everything in a whole new light.

505139[/snapback]

If you watch Episodes I-III, a lot of the suspense in IV-VI is lost, especially in Empire. That, and the original three are so much better than the most recent three (although Sith was good, after the first 20 minutes anyway).

CW

If you watch Episodes I-III, a lot of the suspense in IV-VI is lost, especially in Empire.  That, and the original three are so much better than the most recent three (although Sith was good, after the first 20 minutes anyway).

CW

505178[/snapback]

OK, I looked at the doll site. Am I banished to the depths of hell consumer forum now?

:):blush::D

Well, now I'm really having a blonde moment. I'm surprised that there would be so many different opinions on what order to watch them in.

OK. I want to watch them in chronological order of the actual events, not the release dates.

Can we start over - I'm confused. :)

:)  :blush:  :D

Well, now I'm really having a blonde moment. I'm surprised that there would be so many different opinions on what order to watch them in.

OK. I want to watch them in chronological order of the actual events, not the release dates.

Can we start over - I'm confused.  :)

505189[/snapback]

NYCBills will show you the way. You have stomped on my heart. Wicked woman. You TBD drive sexpots are all the same. Go talk to Bill. See if I care. I'm telling his wife.

Yeah, I'm petty. :P

:)  :blush:  :D

Can we start over - I'm confused.  :)

505189[/snapback]

ok, its simple :P

If you want chronological order of the movie events, then go like this:

Eipsode I: The Phantom Menace

Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Episode IV: Star Wars: A New Hope

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Notes: in the movie timeline, there are 10 yrs between eps I and II, a few yrs between Eps II and II, about 20 years between eps III and IV, about 5 yrs between eps IV and V, and a few months between eps V and VI

I'd invite you over to watch them with me, but my girl tends to react negatively toward me bringing other girls over, especially blonde ones :)

If you want order of theatrical release, go Ep IV (1977), Ep V (1980), Ep VI (1983), Ep I (1999), Ep II (2002), Ep III (2005)

NYCBills will show you the way. You have stomped on my heart. Wicked woman. You TBD drive sexpots are all the same. Go talk to Bill. See if I care. I'm telling his wife.

Yeah, I'm petty.  :)

505209[/snapback]

Yeah, Go there.

Buy expensive drinks and she goes back to her "own hotel room".

I figured it out when I saw Triumph the Dog holding the burrito appetizer tray.

These TSW women are hard, trust me. Cable will put you over the edge, and Lori is just too damn smart.

Gotta love their webcams, though.

Just make sure you don't accidentally click on the Crap Throwing Monkey.

It's actually frightening.

And while you're discussing this, I'm putting cologne on for my date with Mandy Moore. Wearing a killer tie, too.

505161[/snapback]

Go ahead. Dress up. Put on your cologne. Hold the door open for her.

If she's like most pretty girls in their early 20's, she'll run away screaming.

Meanwhile, here on day 458 of preparation for the day I meet her, my plans of dressing like a slob and bringing a switchblade on our first date are looking pretty good. I may also eat with my hands and fake illiteracy.

If you watch Episodes I-III, a lot of the suspense in IV-VI is lost, especially in Empire.  That, and the original three are so much better than the most recent three (although Sith was good, after the first 20 minutes anyway).

CW

505178[/snapback]

It may take away from some of the suspense of empire, "I am your father", but it really does add to the storyline so much more and you look at them is such a different way. I think there are some people who never want to look at Vader as nothing more than this horrible monster who kills people from the day he was born. I love the storyline buildup in all six films. You can see how there are things that happen in EP I that affect what happens in EP VI. The storytelling aspect of the saga is unlike any other, something I think some people forget.