Say goodbye to Colin Cowheard

Adam

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thought "Surviving Nugent" was brilliant television?

504014[/snapback]

I didn't catch enough episodes to make that call, but I certainly enjoyed the few I watched. Either way he proved himself to be quite an ammusing TV personality that needs an outlet. I was thinking more along the lines of his own talk show. How great would it be to watch him interview T.O. right about now. Or Dick Vermeil after a KC emotional victory.

I don't know what he said this time, but every time I listen to the guy I find it hard to believe he has a national radio show.

Anytime he has a point he wants to make he just makes it and then repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again. Sometimes I play a little game in the car and try to count how many times he says the exact same thing. Sometimes he just says the same thing, other times he just thinks up another example of the same thing. It's pretty much the only way he can fill up the ten minutes of air time before the next SportsCenter update and the endless commercials.

503275[/snapback]

That's called repeating the point - its a debate technique to reinforce that what you are saying is true. He's a very smart guy and his angles are unique.

I couldnt disagree with you more. This guy is one of the most cerebral and on-point radio hosts I've ever heard. Listen to Calherd's show for a week and then try and listen to Jim Rome. Its like the sports radio equivalent of reading Newsweek or Dr. Seuss

I agree with TJW. I really like the Herd. I was really disappointed when Tony K. left, but I've been more than happy with his replacement.

I doubt many are up at this hour, but I really hate that after ten years, they got rid of Todd Wright on All Night. He had such an entertaining program. This new guy is soooooo boring.

I read the transcript and from the sound of it, it sounds like Cowherd just underestimated how large the wrestling fan base is. He clearly was never a wrestling fan and admitted to not knowing who Eddie was, but to the billions around the world who do like wrestling, he was a household name. I think EG's death is definitely a big story because there is a huge audience, bigger than Cowherd ever imagined.

I do watch wrestling, and have for many years. It beats the hell out of anything else that comes on TV during the weekdays. What some people don't understand is that they are not trying to sell their product as a scam for something real, it's entertainment. Vince McMahon would be the first person to tell you it's scripted and for pure entertainment only. Kinda like a regular TV show, except performed live in front of a national audience.

That guy doesn't even respect the dead, and now his career will be dead.

The minute that guy is unemployed, I'll be dancing in the streets. His type has no business being on the airwaves

I HATE THAT ^&%^&$&^%&* GUY

503261[/snapback]

Bigger than the morons who watch professional wrestling?? WOW--he must be a helluva moron.

Yeah, because Vince is known for running such a clean ship.  I love the deification going on here.

Newsflash:  Cowherd was doing his job.  Controversy is a big part of it.

503420[/snapback]

Right on. Vince McMahon and his drug addled---death riddled parade of steroid freaks--inspiring a future generation of kids to become just like their steroid ridden heroes.--Every death is sad--and the dead need to be respected..but just because someone questions this as being some great news story doesnt mean that he is the devil.maybe those who were calling in to the radio station were just having a bit of roid rage--so they should be forgiven.

"Pro" Wrestling is not a sport. It's scripted entertainment. (Surprising that ESPN isn't all over it). To say that "nobody cares about wrestling" is a stupid thing to say. Whatever arena the WWE is at is sold out, the Monday Night show is one of the highest rated cable program every week and the PPV shows do better numbers than boxing does. I would definitley say more people watch wrestling than listen to Colin Cowherd,

To say bad things about a dead person? Well, Karma has a way of biting people in the ass. People are supposed to have respect for the dead regardless of whether they knew them or not. It's called acting like a human being.

It's all about the ratings and the 18-34 adult male advertising demographic. Class, respect and dignity be damned.

"Pro" Wrestling is not a sport. It's scripted entertainment. (Surprising that ESPN isn't all over it). To say that "nobody cares about wrestling" is a stupid thing to say. Whatever arena the WWE is at is sold out, the Monday Night show is one of the highest rated cable program every week and the PPV shows do better numbers than boxing does. I would definitley say more people watch wrestling than listen to Colin Cowherd,

To say bad things about a dead person? Well, Karma has a way of biting people in the ass. People are supposed to have respect for the dead regardless of whether they knew them or not. It's called acting like a human being.

It's all about the ratings and the 18-34 adult male advertising demographic. Class, respect and dignity be damned.

504565[/snapback]

did he say 'bad' things about him??--if he did shame on him-but i thought he made a general comment about the big deal that was being made. Saying that-for example---people went way obverboard about princess DIANA with all the tears and teddy bears about a person they dont even know is not disrespecting her....its having an opinion.--Its not like calling her a nasty name or making a nasty accusation. --So people really 'care' about wrestling???--its like saying you 'care' about a sitcom on television.