Say goodbye to Colin Cowheard

Adam

That guy doesn't even respect the dead, and now his career will be dead.

The minute that guy is unemployed, I'll be dancing in the streets. His type has no business being on the airwaves

I HATE THAT ^&%^&$&^%&* GUY

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he said something to the effect of "i don't fell sorry for eddie guerrero... its not newsworthy... who cares if a wrestler dies"

i believe the espn people had to disconnect their customer service phones today because of the obvious "feedback" they've received.

I don't know what he said this time, but every time I listen to the guy I find it hard to believe he has a national radio show.

Anytime he has a point he wants to make he just makes it and then repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again. Sometimes I play a little game in the car and try to count how many times he says the exact same thing. Sometimes he just says the same thing, other times he just thinks up another example of the same thing. It's pretty much the only way he can fill up the ten minutes of air time before the next SportsCenter update and the endless commercials.

he said something to the effect of "i don't fell sorry for eddie guerrero...  its not newsworthy...  who cares if a wrestler dies

503265[/snapback]

I agree with him in that I think pro wrestling is a joke, but it's sad that there is family out there who has lost their son/brother/husband/dad.

I agree with him in that I think pro wrestling is a joke, but it's sad that there is family out there who has lost their son/brother/husband/dad.

503279[/snapback]

well, its two completely seperate arguments that pro wrestling is a joke and the minimizing of a guy's death.

well, its two completely seperate arguments that pro wrestling is a joke and the minimizing of a guy's death.

503300[/snapback]

No argument there.

I never met Guerero. Hell, I never heard of him until this thread. While Cowherd (or whatever his name is) may have been overly harsh, I can honestly say that I'm not too terribly upset either.

People die everyday, and the fact that a drug and alcohol addict died isn't really a shocker - it happens all the time. My heart goes out to the survivors of anyone who dies, but I'm not shedding any tears over this guy.

EDIT: I hope the above isn't overly harsh, but it is honest.

People die everyday, and the fact that a drug and alcohol addict died isn't really a shocker - it happens all the time.  My heart goes out to the survivors of anyone who dies, but I'm not shedding any tears over this guy.

503344[/snapback]

You probably wouldn't shed a tear over a guy you've never heard of. Would you? To show a complete lack of sympathy toward a human being like Coward did was just stupid. His dislike for wrestling should have nothing to do with his opinion on someone dying.

By the way - to accuse Guerrero of being a "drug and alcohol addict" is unfair. It is believed he died of a heart attack which was probably a result of his past addiction with pain killers but still, he was fired from the company at one point for being involved with that crap. He had to clean up to get rehired, which he did.

Cowherd was discussing whether or not his obituary or death should be noted in the sports section of a paper. Colin does make some radical statements but it gets ratings. He was basically saying that no one cares about wrestling (and that it isnt a sport) so why publish his death.

Why should he be fired over this? He stated his opinion. The only thing he said that was bad about wrestlers was that they use steroids but Colin's producer pointed out that baseball players use steroids.

I think some people here dont like ESPN and therefore any little thing they do they just rip. If you dont like Colin, then dont listen to his radio show.

Cowherd was discussing whether or not his obituary or death should be noted in the sports section of a paper.  Colin does make some radical statements but it gets ratings.  He was basically saying that no one cares about wrestling (and that it isnt a sport) so why publish his death.

Why should he be fired over this?  He stated his opinion.  The only thing he said that was bad about wrestlers was that they use steroids but Colin's producer pointed out that baseball players use steroids.

I think some people here dont like ESPN and therefore any little thing they do they just rip.  If you dont like Colin, then dont listen to his radio show.

503423[/snapback]

I agree with Cowheard. Wrestling isn't a sport, it's a soap opera with fake-tanned, greasy roid users. Keep it off the sports page.

I agree with Cowheard.  Wrestling isn't a sport, it's a soap opera with fake-tanned, greasy roid users.  Keep it off the sports page.

503437[/snapback]

Neither is Poker but ESBN has no problem putting that on TV. Typical hypocritical schitt from ESBN.

Neither is Poker but ESBN has no problem putting that on TV. Typical hypocritical schitt from ESBN.

503456[/snapback]

You are right. Poker is not a sport so when one of their stars dies it wont be listed in the sports section. Dont get the issue confused with your hate for ESPN. Last time I checked, the E in ESPN stands for entertainment. Some people find watching poker on tv entertaining, I dont so I dont watch it when it is on.

Yes, we all know ESPN went overboard with the Tedy Bruschi thing but let it go.

You are right.  Poker is not a sport so when one of their stars dies it wont be listed in the sports section.  Dont get the issue confused with your hate for ESPN.  Last time I checked, the E in ESPN stands for entertainment.  Some people find watching poker on tv entertaining, I dont so I dont watch it when it is on.

Yes, we all know ESPN went overboard with the Tedy Bruschi thing but let it go.

503484[/snapback]

Did Teddy Bruschi die while playing poker on ESPN?