Mike Williams at Left Guard (per V-Coach)

JCBoston

Just in from V-Coach: Williams worked at left guard today, while Jason Peters got reps at right tackle.

Hmm.... Discuss :-)

496974[/snapback]

This is great news!!

We need to get our best 5 on the field, especially if it involves moving in a cost effective player like Jason Peters. Gandy hasn't killed us this year, and for the $ is a solid LT. Paired with Mike next to him instead of turn style Bennie should also help him out. With Preston moving into Teague’s spot next season we may just have a capable line signed under contract for more then a few years.

I would still like to get a LT in round 2 for the future, and focus on DT in round 1. I mentioned Lecharles Bentley before as a possible C next year and still really like that move, but that of course depends on how the Bills feel about CV's durability problems. I like CV when healthy, but if the Bills feel he won't be able to stay on the field they could add Bentley and move Preston to a RG (He's played that spot plenty of times this year). I like the prospects of Gandy-MW-Duke-CV-JP, but I like Gandy-MW-Bentley-Preston-Peters even more.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BackInDaDay
bennie Anderson is slower than Williams.

Williams can move very well for his size.  He isnt slow.

497070[/snapback]

I'm not sure, but Texas may have had an 'option' package while Big Mike was their OT. Often, the off-side OT (especially in the Veer option) is pulled play-side. If MW was able to do this, then, he may be able to pull from the OG spot, now.

Man, that would be nice. We won't know until we see him play it. It's hard to say how quick he is from his time spent as the Bill's OT.

bennie Anderson is slower than Williams.

Williams can move very well for his size.  He isnt slow.

497070[/snapback]

williams is a super talent at RT, he has struggled in pass blocking tho.

in a LG posiiton he should be able to just drive forward and destroy people.

one downside of having him at RT is that he will get beat by the odd speed rush, and on a run block he is destroying a LE, where as you'd want a man that big and strong to take out a DT. LG might be a great fit for him, and most importantly anderson won't be able to single handedly lose us the game (NE fumble)

now lets get JP back in the game and get this season started! :doh:

496979[/snapback]

Started towards what ? Getting a higher pick in next springs draft ?

JP's tons worse than Holcomb. Even when you give JP perfect protection he STILL can't hit his receivers.

Play JP regulary and he'll have worse competion accuracy than Joey Harrington.

He's a bust, and I can tell any of you that right now ..

;)

Still think the best line has Peters at LT and Gandy on the right.  lets get Peters as much experience as we can for next season.

And remember, TD, this does not mean we can forget about the line in the draft.

497113[/snapback]

I agree.

The most basic mistake a football novice can do is assume size = talent for OLs. Bennie proved that wrong in spades. As for Big Mike as an OG, it is not like there is much to lose by checking that out. Big Mike is hardly a quality ORT pass protector. Then again, neither is Gandy. Peters is a wildcard with a lot of potential, but is hardly a quality NFL OT as is. I would rather see Peters moved to OLT and go from there. Keep Holcomb around to take the beating until the line gets some cohesion.

Just in from V-Coach: Williams worked at left guard today, while Jason Peters got reps at right tackle.

496974[/snapback]

Can we officially call MW a bust NOW?

Who was that saying before the season he was one of the best in the

league and was going to be a Pro-Bowler?

Can't wait to see Ole' Whitey's spin on this potential move, although

I hope they do it.

Bryant McKinnie was the other LT available. How did he turn out? I have lost track. (Not sarcasm.)

497130[/snapback]

Mike Williams was never an OLT prospect. He never had the quick feet needed. Those who were babbling about Mike playing OLT are the ones "busted" here.

McKinnie has been a disappointment. He held out, then he had injuries. Like many from the U, McKinnie has a giant tude. While McKinnie has awesome potential, he has yet to reach it, and in that circus in Minnesota, is unlikely to get the discipline needed.

I am also somewhat surprised that Mike is being tried at OLG instead of ORG. The footwork for ORG is much closer to ORT than the OLG. CV could switch, or, better yet, take a look at Geisinger. Regardless, the switch from tackle to guard is almost universally assumed to be easy. It is not. It will take time and experience for Mike to become a good OG. Switching him now in midseason is waving the white flag and planning for 06...

496974[/snapback]

Awesome, now this gives some hope at least. Maybe they are willing to admit their mistakes.

Anything on JP yet, or do we still think we're gonna win the division?

just listened to the MM audio on Bills website. Sure did not sound like this was a done deal, both from an injury perspective and also from whether MW fits over there. But then again, we sure no MM likes to gain that 2% edge by not revealing his starters

just listened to the MM audio on Bills website. Sure did not sound like this was a done deal, both from an injury perspective and also from whether MW fits over there. But then again, we sure no MM likes to gain that 2% edge by not revealing his starters

497165[/snapback]

Right now we’re playing at about 75%, with an additional 2% we will be at 77%. I don’t know about you but I'm happy about being just a mere 33% away from the coveted 110%