Bret Favre

Tcali

He's carrying his team.

496462[/snapback]

"Carrying" his team to a 1-8 record in the worst division in football? Yes, they've lost a ton of guys, but I agree with TCali; Farve's decision making is horrible. He plays QB like it's backyard football....run around and throw a bomb. The 4th down play today was the single worst decision I've seen a football player make all season.

"Carrying" his team to a 1-8 record in the worst division in football?  Yes, they've lost a ton of guys, but I agree with TCali;  Farve's decision making is horrible.  He plays QB like it's backyard football....run around and throw a bomb.  The 4th down play today was the single worst decision I've seen a football player make all season.

496471[/snapback]

That has always been Favres game. Did you happen to catch the Monday night game the night Favres father died? He threw 4 questionable deep balls into double/triple coverage-all throws were perfectly thrown and the WRs all made plays on the ball. That was the most amazing QBing I have ever seen! Worst single decision you have ever seen? You have a short memory. How about when Drew threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down?

The 4th down play today was the single worst decision I've seen a football player make all season.

Worst single decision you have ever seen?  You have a short memory. 

Maybe, but at least I can read. :ph34r:

Put me in the camp of people who think Favre has been overrated his whole career. Throwing long bombs that your WR comes down with isn't great QBing. Dante Culpepper is the same deal....look at him now without Moss; he's terrible. A great QB is a guy who makes the right play at the right time given the particular circumstances. IMO, putting Favre in the same category as Elway, Montana, and Marino is a joke.

Didn't see today - what did he do? It would have to be a lot to beat Drew or last year when he ran way past the line of scrimmage, then tossed an underhand pass into the end zone.........They ended up missing the field goal, but it was just Brett having fun according to the tv crew.

Maybe, but at least I can read.  :ph34r:

Put me in the camp of people who think Favre has been overrated his whole career.  Throwing long bombs that your WR comes down with isn't great QBing.  Dante Culpepper is the same deal....look at him now without Moss;  he's terrible.  A great QB is a guy who makes the right play at the right time given the particular circumstances.  IMO, putting Favre in the same category as Elway, Montana, and Marino is a joke.

496486[/snapback]

Culpepper has at least had him, Farve has had ok receivers, but besides brooks he hasn't had a great receivers.

"Carrying" his team to a 1-8 record in the worst division in football?  Yes, they've lost a ton of guys, but I agree with TCali;  Farve's decision making is horrible.  He plays QB like it's backyard football....run around and throw a bomb.  The 4th down play today was the single worst decision I've seen a football player make all season.

496471[/snapback]

Worse decision than Holcomb's 2 yard pass on 4th & 7?

That has always been Favres game.  Did you happen to catch the Monday night game the night Favres father died?  He threw 4 questionable deep balls into double/triple coverage-all throws were perfectly thrown and the WRs all made plays on the ball.  That was the most amazing QBing I have ever seen!  Worst single decision you have ever seen?  You have a short memory.  How about when Drew threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down?

496478[/snapback]

Or some QB throwing a 2 yard dunk two weeks ago on a 4th and 7. :doh:

That has always been Favres game.  Did you happen to catch the Monday night game the night Favres father died?  He threw 4 questionable deep balls into double/triple coverage-all throws were perfectly thrown and the WRs all made plays on the ball.  That was the most amazing QBing I have ever seen!  Worst single decision you have ever seen?  You have a short memory.  How about when Drew threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down?

496478[/snapback]

Exactly. If they didn't have Favre they would be the worst team in football hands down. He basically keeps them in every game single handedly.

The only great WR Favre had was Sterling Sharpe, with whom he didn't have a ton of time.  Outside of him, Favre hasn't had anyone nearly as good.

496493[/snapback]

Javon Walker was great last year, but lost for the year in week 1. Would have been a different story with him around, a big and fast receiver with great hands and speed. Donald Driver sucks compared to Walker.

Four of Greenbay's losses were by three points or less. I have not watched any of GB's games, but I know Favre has always been a bit unconventional. I know also that GB is considered to have a lousy defense. Their top two running backs are on IR. They are starting Rashard Lee. Remember him? The Bills cut him, keeping Lionel Gates who hasn't seen the field for a single play for the Bills. At WR they lost Javon Walker and rookie second round draft choice, Terrence Murphy, and oh yeah their offensive line is considered to be awful. What they have is a good TE in Bubba Franks and a good second receiver in Donald Driver. The trouble is even a suspect defense can take away two players, leaving Favre pretty much by himself. I am not surprised that he is struggling. At least one media guy was saying on the radio that he is still playing well and the NFL stats seem to bear that out. He's completing 66% of his passes, the highest of his career, and has 15 TD passes in 7 games. That's pretty good. The 13 ints. are understandable in a QB who's running for his life most of the time. I'd take him in place of Kelly Holcomb.

Maybe, but at least I can read.  :doh:

Put me in the camp of people who think Favre has been overrated his whole career.  Throwing long bombs that your WR comes down with isn't great QBing.  Dante Culpepper is the same deal....look at him now without Moss;  he's terrible.  A great QB is a guy who makes the right play at the right time given the particular circumstances.  IMO, putting Favre in the same category as Elway, Montana, and Marino is a joke.

496486[/snapback]

between 1995 and 1997, favre put together one of the greatest 3-year runs for a qb ever. i saw a lot of those games, and he was unstoppable. he had some other great seasons besides those ones too.