Greatest theme song to movie

Pete

Whats the greatest theme song to a movie?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the greatest theme song to a movie?

• The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    • Halloween
    • Jaws
    • Star Wars
    • Rocky
    • 2001 A Space Odysey
    • Close Encounters
    • Live and Let Die
    • Indiana Jones
    • Midnight Express
    • Saturday Night Fever
    • Team America
    • Other

We were discussing this today at work.  I know I am missing some obvious ones.  We also discussed greatest theme songs to TV shows- Hawaii 50 is my pick!

493497[/snapback]

:) You could likely expand the movie poll to a hunderd selections! Pretty good list as is, tho...

But for your poll, I picked "Rocky" as a slim leader over "Saturday Night Fever"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Repo Man is probably the greatest movie of all time.

Oly: Oh, yeah, you're f--kin' A right we ripped your car, !@#$. You want to know who told us where it was? Your god-damned brother.

493651[/snapback]

That movie oozes awsome quotes.

Lite:

"People think I come to kill em. And I would"

I'd like to second (OK, third) Shaft...go Chef! (Black Moses, Hot Buttered Soul...that was some bad-assed s#it.)

"Town Without Pity" is also great. Originally by Gene Pitney, the instrumental cover by Ronnie Montrose is beautifully dramatic. Maybe it should be my theme song!

BTW..."Live and Let Die"? Were you serious with that POS? There are some great Bond theme songs...how about "Goldfinger"?

Oh Deano, "Meet Me Halfway".

:)  :lol:  <_<

493887[/snapback]

YIKES! Crappy song...REALLY crappy movie. OK...never watched the whole movie. But you know, I know and the American people know it was a crappy movie...even by Stalone standards. Am I wrong here?

That movie oozes awsome quotes.

493768[/snapback]

"Let's go do some crimes."

"Yeah, let's go get sushi and not pay"

-----------------------------------------------

I don't know if they used the original in the film version but if they did, I'm going with Waylon:

Straightenin' the curves

Flattenin' the hills

Someday the mountain might git 'em

but the law never will

Makin' their way

the only way they know how

But that's just a little bit more

than the law will allow

Just a good ol' boys

Never meanin' no harm

Beats all you ever saw

Been in trouble with the law

Since the day they was born.

YeeeeHawwwww!!!

As with anything thing movie related, best song needs to come form the best movie ever made....The Princess Bride.

Now I am not sure of the title, But I think it is just called the Princess Bride Theme song, written and performed by Mark Knoffler of Dire Straits fame

Boy, you are old!  0:)

p.s as a kid I watched his weekly show too.  ;)

493796[/snapback]

Always thought Audrey Hepburn most beautiful women ever, excepting one other......( need to say that or i could get hurt :o:lol: )

Audrey

-there is also ......... Somewhere Over the Rainbow......... suppose that is a old persons songs also :lol:

Always thought Audrey Hepburn most beautiful women ever, excepting one other......( need to say that or i could get hurt 0:)  :lol: )

Audrey

-there is also ......... Somewhere Over the Rainbow......... suppose that is a old persons songs also  :lol:

493995[/snapback]

1. My Fair Lady (8 Oscars) is the best movie production ever. "C'mon Dover..move yer bloomin' arse!". :o What dialoge and music and costume and scenery etc.

2. Somewhere Over the Rainbow is top-rank. When Liza Minnelli was (often) asked to sing it, she simply said "It's been done.". The song tugs at the heart - big time.

As with anything thing movie related, best song needs to come form the best movie ever made....The Princess Bride.

Now I am not sure of the title, But I think it is just called the Princess Bride Theme song, written and performed by Mark Knoffler of Dire Straits fame

493943[/snapback]

I would have to agree with you on your choice of the best movie. This one is my all time favorite movie too!

The name of the song you are thinking of is "Storybook love." I have the soundtrack. :lol: Great song.

I would have to agree with you on your choice of the best movie.  This one is my all time favorite movie too! 

The name of the song you are thinking of is "Storybook love."  I have the soundtrack.  :lol:  Great song.

494088[/snapback]

What happened to your beautiful avitar?