MMQB with Peter King

Hirly5

I am sure a lot of people on here read MMQB on SI.com. We all know how much Peter King loves Bruschi. I can't wait to see how he gushes over him. I hope he uses the hits stat line that ESPN was using last night. When I read it at work, I will be vomiting and hopefully I can go home early because of it.

I think last nights game has driven the hate for New England past Miami.

I am sure a lot of people on here read MMQB on SI.com.  We all know how much Peter King loves Bruschi.  I can't wait to see how he gushes over him.  I hope he uses the hits stat line that ESPN was using last night.  When I read it at work, I will be vomiting and hopefully I can go home early because of it.

I think last nights game has driven the hate for New England past Miami.

491434[/snapback]

He's going to have to use a lot of creativity then, because "Hero" only had 2 tackles and 5 Coy-Wires, and 70+ of McGahee's 136 rushing yards were straight at him.

He's going to have to use a lot of creativity then, because "Hero" only had 2 tackles and 5 Coy-Wires, and 70+ of McGahee's 136 rushing yards were straight at him.

491444[/snapback]

"But let me tell you something Joseph. You wanna talk about the heart of a competitor/hero/champion/team captain/verbal blow job receiver just look at Tedy Bruschi. He's changed the whole dynamic of this defense through his courage which has inspired them to perform at another level. Well not really if you look at stats because the Pats can't really stop the run still and they seem to be running right at him each time. But stats can be deceiving and misleading because there's a definite difference in their attitude (and we all know attitude is the key to tackling), but his presence has made them that much tougher, and look at how he dives on piles to get assisted tackles a la another great linebacker we liked to blow back in the day...Junior Seau."

The Bruschi BJ club was in full (dare I say?) throat last night and it was sickening to listen to all night. It was almost as sickening as the coaching and decision making put forth by the Bills while trying to put away the defending SB champs. FYOU New England!

I liked it when Bruschi cured cancer last night.  I think it was some time during the third quarter.

491465[/snapback]

LOL

I am sure that will be the headline "Bruschi cures Cancer, makes 58 hits and 23 tackles while delivering a baby on the sidelines"

"But let me tell you something Joseph. You wanna talk about the heart of a competitor/hero/champion/team captain/verbal blow job receiver just look at Tedy Bruschi. He's changed the whole dynamic of this defense through his courage which has inspired them to perform at another level. Well not really if you look at stats because the Pats can't really stop the run still and they seem to be running right at him each time. But stats can be deceiving and misleading because there's a definite difference in their attitude (and we all know attitude is the key to tackling), but his presence has made them that much tougher, and look at how he dives on piles to get assisted tackles a la another great linebacker we liked to blow back in the day...Junior Seau."

The Bruschi BJ club was in full (dare I say?) throat last night and it was sickening to listen to all night. It was almost as sickening as the coaching and decision making put forth by the Bills while trying to put away the defending SB champs. FYOU New England!

491453[/snapback]

Bruschi, The Other White Meat. I'm sure old Packer Brett is doing anti depression drugs now that the media has a new poster boy for a$$ kissing!

Truth is stranger than fiction

Link

One thing I hate about how the networks do football was illustrated last night. Instead of immediately showing a replay of Tedy Bruschi's first play back -- the play we've been waiting for months to see and thought we might never see, and, remarkably, a play on which Bruschi made a tackle -- we saw the graphic of the Bills' starting defense. Pfffft. There goes the moment. The air went right out of the balloon. It's not just ESPN. I think every network would have done that. Doesn't anyone ever argue with the director and say: Hey, this is a big moment right here. Save the intros for the second series?

According to ESPN, he had 11 tackles and 957 " hits "  ;)

Nice how during two big turnovers, ESPN was busy doing a Tedy tribute instead of calling the action.  :(

491449[/snapback]

I didn't quite understand early in the agme, we had run 11 plays, and it said that Tedy had 12 hits and 4 tackles. :lol: How were they defining "hits" last night?!

CW

What the hell?  Was that sarcasm?  Is King actually bitching that the coverage sucks because they didn't IMMEDIATELY show a replay of Bruschi's first play, "the play we've been waiting months to see"?  :(

492155[/snapback]

i agree with king - there wasn't nearly enough coverage of bruschi last night. they also didn't credit him with enough tackles either. they only gave him 11; i counted 16.

I didn't quite understand early in the agme, we had run 11 plays, and it said that Tedy had 12 hits and 4 tackles.  :(  How were they defining "hits" last night?!

CW

492152[/snapback]

Man I loved those state lines.... They were actually counting the number of hits he made?!?! Good lord. Last time I checked, HITS MINUS TACKLES EQUALS MISSED TACKLES!!!!. Hmm, let's consult the replay, I think Bruschi may have jumped in on that gang tackle at the last minute, AMAZING!!!

From Peter King:

3. I think this is what I liked about week 8:

d. Nate Clements is really playing solid at corner for Buffalo.

Based on what, the one pass breakup he had last night? Certainly not on the rest of his season.