O.J. Simpson: House Hunting

Tolstoy

glove did not fit

488503[/snapback]

The glove didn't fit because it shrunk. If you have lived in a northern climate, wore gloves, played in the snow etc., you might know that once gloves get wet they shrink. And if you ever had blood on your your shirt from an injury such as a bloody nose you might have noticed how the blood blotch shrivels up the material. Leave a bloody glove on the ground in a hot climate and it shrinks. A sad and gullible jury believed what they wanted to believe.

When O.J. was categorized as a fugitive before the infamous White Bronco chase I felt a sickness in my stomach like someone close to me had died. Say it isn't so O.J. I too wish it wasn't true. But in my view the evidence of O. J. being guilty was enormous. I didn't have to be there. By that logic most everybody accused of a crime is innocent because we weren't there to witness it. Sorry folks but to see it otherwise is simply denial. And for the people who still wear his jersey for whatever reason and ask him for autographs, you should be embarrassed and ashamed. There are more admirable people in our world and our history. We are not without heroes. O.J. is simply no longer somebody to be admired.

I wish I could still be proud of O.J. but I cannot. He let us down. His accomplishments on the field do not cover up what he did. From the stalking to the intimidation and beyond I cannot forgive and forget. My friends and I used to chase after O.J. on Hertel Ave. outside of Mulligans trying to get his autograph with no luck. We could see him through the window dining with his first wife. O.J. was so revered in Buffalo, L.A., San Francisco and beyond. He came from a very poor background to a point of great success. O.J. blew it. No one else can be blamed. He couldn't walk away from a bad situation. And the answer to whether I would say hello to him or welcome him to my community? I would not.

Here is a link to an old interview but one that really brings to the surface the magnitude and aftermath of the crimes.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5190358/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You people want to make an outcast of him now... but just wait until your wife/girlfriend is out having dinner with another guy. Then you'll wish you had OJ on your side...

488508[/snapback]

So sorry Stoj. Didn't know you had been dumped on again. Sucks man.

That's a tough one. Certainly people should be forgiven if they are truly sorry, but for OJ that would mean turning himself in and admitting his crime. (Could happen) Shunning has been a punsihment used by societies since the middle ages. (read: The Scarlet Letter) It's a sentence handed down by public consensus.

It would not be right to celebrate OJ if he is only fishing for some public love. You can tell his conscience is eating at him. And he must really be desperate if he's thinking of coming back here! Obviously he's been rejected by the "beautiful people" in L.A. and Miami, so he comes crawling back to the ugly town he swore he hated.

And what does it say about us if we do embrace him? Are we so starved for love ourselves that we would treat an alleged, but likely guilty, murderer as a returning hero?

Sure would make an interesting movie, huh?

PTR

The glove didn't fit because it shrunk.  If you have lived in a northern climate, wore gloves, played in the snow etc., you might know that once gloves get wet they shrink.  And if you ever had blood on your your shirt from an injury such as a bloody nose you might have noticed how the blood blotch shrivels up the material.  Leave a bloody glove on the ground in a hot climate and it shrinks.  A sad and gullible jury believed what they wanted to believe.

When O.J. was categorized as a fugitive before the infamous White Bronco chase I felt a sickness in my stomach like someone close to me had died.  Say it isn't so O.J.  I too wish it wasn't true.  But in my view the evidence of O. J. being guilty was enormous.  I didn't have to be there.  By that logic most everybody accused of a crime is innocent because we weren't there to witness it.  Sorry folks but to see it otherwise is simply denial.  And for the people who still wear his jersey for whatever reason and ask him for autographs, you should be embarrassed and ashamed.  There are more admirable people in our world and our history.  We are not without heroes.  O.J. is simply no longer somebody to be admired.

I wish I could still be proud of O.J. but I cannot.  He let us down.  His accomplishments on the field do not cover up what he did.  From the stalking to the intimidation and beyond I cannot forgive and forget.  My friends and I used to chase after O.J. on Hertel Ave. outside of Mulligans trying to get his autograph with no luck.  We could see him through the window dining with his first wife.  O.J. was so revered in Buffalo, L.A., San Francisco and beyond.  He came from a very poor background to a point of great success.  O.J. blew it.  No one else can be blamed.  He couldn't walk away from a bad situation.  And the answer to whether I would say hello to him or welcome him to my community?  I would not.

Here is a link to an old interview but one that really brings to the surface the magnitude and aftermath of the crimes.

488567[/snapback]

Dude...absolutely EXCELLENT post. You took the words right out of my mouth.

That's a tough one.  Certainly people should be forgiven if they are truly sorry, but for OJ that would mean turning himself in and admitting his crime.  (Could happen)  Shunning has been a punsihment used by societies since the middle ages. (read: The Scarlet Letter)  It's a sentence handed down by public consensus.

It would not be right to celebrate OJ if he is only fishing for some public love.  You can tell his conscience is eating at him.  And he must really be desperate if he's thinking of coming back here!  Obviously he's been rejected by the "beautiful people" in L.A. and Miami, so he comes crawling back to the ugly town he swore he hated.

And what does it say about us if we do embrace him?  Are we so starved for love ourselves that we would treat an alleged, but likely guilty, murderer as a returning hero?

Sure would make an interesting movie, huh?

PTR

488626[/snapback]

The Juice does have some acting experience so Im sure he would want to play himself if Hollywood came knocking.

It's all over the news here today. WBEN, WGRZ, WGR. Everyone will know where he lives if he does move here and people will most likely be against it and picket and protest and whatever. People will need to keep their heads.

OJ used to live in Amherst when he played for the Bills. He actually had a kid that drowned in their backyard swimming pool. It's also where he beat his first wife Margurite. OJ used to hang out at Mulligan's Brick Bar and do coke with Danny Gare among others. It's all well known stuff.

Guest BackInDaDay
The glove didn't fit because it shrunk.  If you have lived in a northern climate, wore gloves, played in the snow etc., you might know that once gloves get wet they shrink.  And if you ever had blood on your your shirt from an injury such as a bloody nose you might have noticed how the blood blotch shrivels up the material.  Leave a bloody glove on the ground in a hot climate and it shrinks.  A sad and gullible jury believed what they wanted to believe.

When O.J. was categorized as a fugitive before the infamous White Bronco chase I felt a sickness in my stomach like someone close to me had died.  Say it isn't so O.J.  I too wish it wasn't true.  But in my view the evidence of O. J. being guilty was enormous.  I didn't have to be there.  By that logic most everybody accused of a crime is innocent because we weren't there to witness it.  Sorry folks but to see it otherwise is simply denial.  And for the people who still wear his jersey for whatever reason and ask him for autographs, you should be embarrassed and ashamed.  There are more admirable people in our world and our history.  We are not without heroes.  O.J. is simply no longer somebody to be admired.

I wish I could still be proud of O.J. but I cannot.  He let us down.  His accomplishments on the field do not cover up what he did.  From the stalking to the intimidation and beyond I cannot forgive and forget.  My friends and I used to chase after O.J. on Hertel Ave. outside of Mulligans trying to get his autograph with no luck.  We could see him through the window dining with his first wife.  O.J. was so revered in Buffalo, L.A., San Francisco and beyond.  He came from a very poor background to a point of great success.  O.J. blew it.  No one else can be blamed.  He couldn't walk away from a bad situation.  And the answer to whether I would say hello to him or welcome him to my community?  I would not.

488567[/snapback]

Hey Spun, if you're still following this thread, nice post!

I was 12 in '68, I think that was his rookie year. I remember an article in the NYC papers titled ''OJ gets cut". I was shocked until I read it was about his getting his hair cut at Bills camp.

Like many of us, I also grew up idolizing OJ. If he were in front of me this moment, I'd probably give him a big Michael Corleone kiss and tell him "You broke my heart, Juice." Of course, then I'd have to find someone to take him out fishin'. :doh:

Guest BackInDaDay
I still don't get why society thinks that murder is acceptable!!!!  It's sick!

But then I'm not surprised.  The people wanted Barbaras over Christ!

489167[/snapback]

That's Barabas, and that was a bigger fix that Clay/Liston.

One bad day. The dude had ONE BAD DAY.

And everyone's in his schitt.

So did Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown. Their bad days, however, were followed closely by separate funerals wherein each was the guest of honor. Seems to me the victims' families each had "one bad day" as well; unfortunately, their bad day has been followed by eleven years of pain.

Article in the Buffalo News this AM. House that Simpson is alleged to have bought is at 242 Lincoln in the Town of Lockport. You can see pictures of it at r-house.com

http://www.r-house.com/PropSearch.aspx?pro...lo&mlno=237310#

Looks like he is moving to Lockport because his YOUNG GIRLFRIEND lives there. She must not like her head being attached to the rest of her body. OJ had dinner with her and 8 other family members including a couple young kids at The Basket Factory in Middleport. OJ ordered the Thursday Night Special- Ribs. The staff refused to let him have any cutlery.