Memories for expatriot WNYers

macaroni

Crystal Beach - used to go there for a field trip every year in grade school - in 8th grade we had a contest who could ride the Comet most times in a row...

Nothing beats the Brick Bar on a summer evening - cases of OV splits...God I loved that place...

Good Times....

Crystal Beach - used to go there for a field trip every year in grade school - in 8th grade we had a contest who could ride the Comet most times in a row...

Nothing beats the Brick Bar on a summer evening - cases of OV splits...God I loved that place...

Good Times....

487588[/snapback]

We used to go to Crystal Beach on Kenmore Day.

After cashing in our report card at Loblaw's for some free tickets!

And, oh yeah, the BARS! I lived on Ashland, stumbling distance from Goodbar, NoName, Cole's, and many more.

Some great pictures on that site.

And, oh yeah, the BARS!  I lived on Ashland, stumbling distance from Goodbar, NoName, Cole's, and many more.

487653[/snapback]

Dam, trying to remember noname , just cant do it. Someone on those pages mentioned the place with the wheel, was it Flannagans? For some reason I remember that wheel.

However, on a rather sad note for me, while in town for the Dolphins game, saw that the Locker Room is no longer. Looked like some fofo type establisment has taken its place. And for this Niagara Falls boy the Tuesdays in the summer at the Library for 2/$1.00 ice teas, then around closing time there, head up to the locker room for I think 2?$1.50 blues till 4.am.

Thank god I always had WED. off.

And, oh yeah, the BARS!  I lived on Ashland, stumbling distance from Goodbar, NoName, Cole's, and many more.

487653[/snapback]

Small world...buddy of mine used to live on Ashland. You probably also remember the Pastime, Beef n Ale, Golden Pheasant, Gashouse West, The Masthead, Volker's, Schuper House, McVan's, Wally Bobek's, M&E Lounge and others. :doh:

Dam, trying to remember noname , just cant do it. Someone on those pages mentioned the place with the wheel, was it Flannagans? For some reason I remember that wheel.

However, on a rather sad note for me, while in town for the Dolphins game, saw that the Locker Room is no longer. Looked like some fofo type establisment has taken its place. And for this Niagara Falls boy the Tuesdays in the summer at the Library for 2/$1.00 ice teas, then around closing time there, head up to the locker room for I think 2?$1.50 blues till 4.am.

Thank god I always had WED. off.

487688[/snapback]

Cassidys had the wheel, free shots all the time!

Cassidys had the wheel, free shots all the time!

487712[/snapback]

Cassidys, thats the ticket.Also, the famous Slombas(or Sloppos) as we called it. Tell people all the time bout those big green plastic mugs, as well as the Trico guys coming in for their shot and a beer and a sammy at their 3.00 am lunch break.

487653[/snapback]

I grew up in Kenmore too, Kenmore days were the best! What school did you go to? I went to St. Pauls, Washington, Kenmore Junior, St. Joe's.....

Other bars,

Park Meadow (PM) on Thursday nights, 50 cent blues

Gabels on Hertel Saturdays

Ryans backstreet bar

Lockerroom

Cassidy's

I grew up in Kenmore too, Kenmore days were the best! What school did you go to? I went to St. Pauls, Washington, Kenmore Junior, St. Joe's.....

Other bars,

Park Meadow (PM) on Thursday nights, 50 cent blues

Gabels on Hertel Saturdays

Ryans backstreet bar

Lockerroom

Cassidy's

487734[/snapback]

All alltime favs, except Ryans. I do not remember that one. Where was it located?

All alltime favs, except Ryans. I do not remember that one. Where was it located?

487761[/snapback]

Ryans backstreet was a bar somewhere near Buff State, but on the north side of the sqajaquada, in the black rock section. Between Elmwood and Miltary. I was always amazed at how small and cramped it was. Many Canisius HS people and a good mix on Buff State people, Friday nights were notorious for fights breaking out.

Ryans backstreet was a bar somewhere near Buff State, but on the north side of the sqajaquada, in the black rock section. Between Elmwood and Miltary. I was always amazed at how small and cramped it was. Many Canisius HS people and a good mix on Buff State people, Friday nights were notorious for fights breaking out.

487805[/snapback]

Ah yes, now I remember it. Didn't go there until after college for some reason, and I do recall one of my boys encaging in some fisticuffs there

Another ex-Kenmore resident checking in here. Longfellow and Washington Elementary schools, followed by Kenmore Junior and the Kenmore West Senior High School. First ten years of my life I lived on Nassau just opposite of the Myron intersection. I even remember my best friends back then, Mark Randazzo, Mark Baumler, and Danny Deese (who as a young man died young from a fall from a ladder if IIRC) and who was about as nice of a guy as I've ever known. Then I moved a few times into and within Tonawanda, then back to Wabash in Kenmore for my late teen years.

Kenmore day at Crystal Beach as a kid, Sherkston Quarry in my teen years, and later on the Elmwood strip, Pierce Arrow (Williamsville in the early 80's), Rich (RWS) Stadium, and Pilot Field, all fond memories.

To see one's old hometown die the slow painfull death that Buffalo has is very, very sad. We all agree that the total neglect from the State, it's high taxes, and a collection of the most inept politicians known to mankind has forever buried our beloved hometown. So very sad.......

Ah yes, now I remember it. Didn't go there until after college for some reason, and I do recall one of my boys encaging in some fisticuffs there

487811[/snapback]

Actually, its name was Reagans backstreet bar (I'm getting old, alzheimers is setting in) But location and description is definately the same.

As to Kenmore dying a slow death, My parents just sold after 47 years there. Still amazing that when I was back in June, I saw kids 5-7 years old, buying waterballoons and squirt guns like I used to do at Keiners and Joe's Meat market. All the kids pooling their money to buy two dollars worth of balloons and scheming to soak the crap out of some sinister older sister....

Keiners

487847[/snapback]

I remember that - the old ladies watched one like a hawk. On Rowley IIRC.:P

I patronized Warren's on Delaware, Betzer's, Kohler-Redden Drug Store, and then the Colvin Food Shop - Colvin corner St. Lawrence in Bflo.

And you Kenmore folks used to rub the noses of us N. Bflo. folk because you had swimming pools and we didn't. :P

Wife went to St. Pauls and then the Mount.

Do you remember the "Loop" deli on Kenmore? - where the old trolley line had a roundabout? And Jul's Bakery on Kenmore Ave.?

And Tessie's Delicatessen, corner of Villa and Deleware?

I remember that - the old ladies watched one like a hawk. On Rowley IIRC.:P

487865[/snapback]

Very good memory, I actually worked there one summer, those ladies were amazing, lived across the street (28 feet away) yet drove the car most days. Pulled out of the driveway, pulled up in front, deposited the sisters, pulled back into the driveway!