Memories for expatriot WNYers

macaroni

Cassidy's had the wheel with the accompanying chant of "Freddies Special". You could order a mixed drink in a pitcher form for I believe it was $3.50. Quite a few fights in and around there (Birthday Party). They may have something to do with why the place was burned down?

Regan's near Buff St. always had some pretty ladies.

The Locker Room is no more? Too bad. Tuesday nights were known as Nurses Night.

No Names is / was at Elmwood and Bidwell. They had free chicken wings for happy hour.

In rowdier days my friends and I used to climb on top of Mulligans on Hertel and fire snowballs at the unsuspecting down below. No one ever figured out where we were.

Delaware Park was cool for marching in with cases of Canadian beer and tieing one. Hard cider was quite the medicine also.

Actually, its name was Reagans backstreet bar (I'm getting old, alzheimers is setting in) But location and description is definately the same.

As to Kenmore dying a slow death, My parents just sold after 47 years there. Still amazing that when I was back in June, I saw kids 5-7 years old, buying waterballoons and squirt guns like I used to do at Keiners and Joe's Meat market. All the kids pooling their money to buy two dollars worth of balloons and scheming to soak the crap out of some sinister older sister....

487847[/snapback]

Joe's Meat market? Was that on Myron?

Very good memory, I actually worked there one summer, those ladies were amazing, lived across the street (28 feet away) yet drove the car most days. Pulled out of the driveway, pulled up in front, deposited the sisters, pulled back into the driveway!

487883[/snapback]

:P

They were good folk. Despite the gruffness. I would travel there infrequently - all the local small stores had something unique to dazzle the young kid, and Keiner's had their product line.

I was, dunno, 10, and was bicycling and being a goofy kid looking this way and that, I ran pretty much head on into a tree just before their store.

One of the sisters must have been looking outside, and saw the spectacle. She came out, and said to me "Young Man!! :P ". Got me up, took me in and and slathered my scraped head, elbows, etc., with Witch Hazel.

Then gave me a good talking to about how to pay attention. :doh:

Bless those two old ladies...