Rohan Davey to work out for Bills

Simon

According to Len Pasquarelli:

"Quarterback Rohan Davey, released by Arizona last week, will work out for Buffalo officials next week."

Oct. 21, 2005, 12:48 PM ET

A former Patriot QB working out for the Bills the week they're preparing to play the Patriots?

What a co-incidence. :rolleyes:

"Quarterback Rohan Davey, released by Arizona last week, will work out for Buffalo officials next week."

A former Patriot QB working out for the Bills the week they're preparing to play the Patriots?

What a co-incidence.  :rolleyes:

482055[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

What a co-incidence.  :rolleyes:

482055[/snapback]

WHY???? Perhaps Mathews doesn't want to play anymore???

WHY????  Perhaps Mathews doesn't want to play anymore???

482064[/snapback]

This is just to see what he remembers from the NE playbook, I'd guess. No biggee...but, it can't hurt.

I also read somewhere that former Buc Sean King has given a few impressive workouts lately. If the Bills really are looking to upgrade the #3 QB spot, as opposed to just picking Davey's brain re: the Pats offense, King might be a good choice. He's a Tulane guy that Losman holds in high esteem and who supposedly was a factor in encouraging JP to switch schools.

I also read somewhere that former Buc Sean King has given a few impressive workouts lately. If the Bills really are looking to upgrade the #3 QB spot, as opposed to just picking Davey's brain re: the Pats offense, King might be a good choice. He's a Tulane guy that Losman holds in high esteem and who supposedly was a factor in encouraging JP to switch schools.

482078[/snapback]

I've always been a King supporter...i dont think he got a fair shot in tampa bay...he took the buccs to what should have been a super bowl, if not for replay overturning bert emanuel's catch in one of the worst officiating calls ever seen. I think the kid can play, but apparently there are at least 32 GM's that disagree with me :rolleyes:

Might be a practice squad signing if Matthews already stated to the brass this is his last year.

482311[/snapback]

I'm going to guess he's got too much accumulated time to be PS-eligible. I realize he's barely played (since Brady never comes out of the game), but if he was even listed as the #2 QB for nine or more games last season, that would still count as an accrued season...

I think.

Davey is a terrific athlete. The Pats invested in him despite having Brady, had him play in NFLE, and hoped he would learn to throw with more accuracy. He never did.

I liked him as a college QB, but have my doubts about his future in the NFL.

482351[/snapback]

They tried the same thing with Michael Bishop, as I recall. Bishop's in the CFL now; could that be Davey's next stop?

They tried the same thing with Michael Bishop, as I recall. Bishop's in the CFL now; could that be Davey's next stop?

482356[/snapback]

:doh:

Maybe that's why he's here. Just passin' through the Bufftown.

482356[/snapback]

Ah yes - Michael Bishop. Was there anything he couldn't do athletically? Not according to Boston talk show callers.

I gathered from Belichick's press conference when they cut Davey that he really likes the kid personally. He was a little bit emotional about having to cut Ro'. Davey never played well in exhibition season - could never develop accuracy or consistency, and he had noticeable issues with his footwork.

Davey is known as the man with the Golden Arm in Germany for his record setting NFL Europe season for Berlin in 2004. One article here

ATBNG, is that Gilbride in that avatar? That brings back some memories... I seem to recall Gilbride being heavily criticized on this board for smelling his own farts instead of coming up with a game plan. I even recall a cartoon someone had posted where Gilbride lit a fart on fire and blew up the playbook. Now THOSE were the days!