So when does JP get worked back into the "O"

firedawg

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but,

With WM playing as well as he is and KH not making many mistakes when does JP get worked back into the mix? JP needs some time on the field.

I have to admit that benching JP was the obvious choice as he was not playing smart football. But why hasn't he had any touches in the last 2 games?

Holcomb's pocket presence is good but he doesn't move that well which leaves him open for injury and with JP getting nill play time if KH does go down then we are right back to square one.

I am happy as a Bills fan that we are winning and that apparently KH has sparked something on the "O" but I think MM and the rest of the management at OBD are setting themselves and the team up for failure by trying to bank a seaon on a guy that could quite possibly be on the bench in 2 to 3 games and not giving the rook a chance to get some time under center when everybody is playing well.

Our next 5 games:

at Oak

at NE

(bye)

KC

at SD

Carolina

Um, there you go. If we miraculously come out of that stretch with a winning record, JP doesn't start again until perhaps next season. The more likely scenario is that we lose 3-4 of those games, at least, at which point they likely will put JP back in there to develop him for next season. If that happens, this Board will probably become completely unreadable...

I'd like to see a good old fashioned ass kicking at some point so he could at least get some mop up duty. Yeah, I know we're not likely to be on the good side of that kind of result with our offense, but it's still possible.

Our next 5 games:

at Oak

at NE

(bye)

KC

at SD

Carolina

Um, there you go.  If we miraculously come out of that stretch with a winning record, JP doesn't start again until perhaps next season.  The more likely scenario is that we lose 3-4 of those games, at least, at which point they likely will put JP back in there to develop him for next season.  If that happens, this Board will probably become completely unreadable...

481096[/snapback]

Coach, much depends on what the rest of the division does, no?

At this point, it looks as if 9-7 mght take the division. It is not impossible (at this point) for the Bills to lose 3 of the next 5 and still be in the hunt, as bad as that sounds.

My guess is that one of these games is likely to become either a debacle like last year's NE game there or (it is to be hoped) a laugher where between good ST performance and a stout D there is mop-up duty to be done.

I think JP likely sees his next action this year in a mop-up role in a huge win or loss and he will begin the process of trying to prove on the field what he has learned from getting benched (as Steve Young, Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw and even John Elway (who sat in favor of Steve DeBerg early in his career), learned from additional practice running the scout team and learned from watching Holcomb play the game effectively when he sucked.

This is a different question that when does he start. He starts when Holcomb proves ineffective at starting or when the season is over. of the next games:

OAK- quite winnable since they have sucked

NE- really doubtful that we can win on the road and JP probably gets his next shot there. The good news for him is that it will be hard to do worse than the last time he entered an NE game. Even with his piss-poor play this year he is a far better QB than the rookie who entered that game.

KC- We have a bad history with them, but they are so up and down this year and we are home that this game is also quite winnable (particularly with the advantage coming off a bye while they travel).

SD- Given their play so far this year, us having to go to CA and facing LaDamian Tomlinson with the performance of this run D this looks as bleak as our NE prospects where we are reduced to the fact that any team can win on any given Sunday.

Carolina- This game is also quite winnable as Delhomme giveth and Delhomme taketh away. Besides 4 games and a bye make this one a world away so predictions are indicative but far from conclusive at this point.

Right now I think the Bills are either 3-2 or more likely 2-3 in this patch, but my guess is JP begins to work his way back in at QB in one of these games and probably as soon as NE.

At this point, it looks as if 9-7 mght take the division. It is not impossible (at this point) for the Bills to lose 3 of the next 5 and still be in the hunt, as bad as that sounds.

481104[/snapback]

Yes - too lazy to look it up, but wasn't the NFC west bunched up last season with the winner something like 8-8 or 9-7?

NE- really doubtful that we can win on the road and JP probably gets his next shot there. The good news for him is that it will be hard to do worse than the last time he entered an NE game.  Even with his piss-poor play this year he is a far better QB than the rookie who entered that game.

481115[/snapback]

Just like the Bills, New England can't stop the run. I don't see why Willis can't do the same thing there that he did this past week.

481104[/snapback]

4 of those 5 games are against AFC teams....If you lose 3 or 4 of those games,

then it will dent our AFC record which is currently at 3-0...and mess with our

tie-breakers...

Just like the Bills, New England can't stop the run.  I don't see why Willis can't do the same thing there that he did this past week.

481163[/snapback]

One thing is Richard Seymour will be back for NE for the game against the bills.

Our OL in the recent past has never been able to stop him....I still remeber the

fumble by Bledsoe that was returned for a TD last year at RWS in a tight game.

OAK- quite winnable since they have sucked

NE- really doubtful that we can win on the road and JP probably gets his next shot there. The good news for him is that it will be hard to do worse than the last time he entered an NE game.  Even with his piss-poor play this year he is a far better QB than the rookie who entered that game.

KC- We have a bad history with them, but they are so up and down this year and we are home that this game is also quite winnable (particularly with the advantage coming off a bye while they travel).

SD- Given their play so far this year, us having to go to CA and facing LaDamian Tomlinson with the performance of this run D this looks as bleak as our NE prospects where we are reduced to the fact that any team can win on any given Sunday.

Carolina- This game is also quite winnable as Delhomme giveth and Delhomme taketh away. Besides 4 games and a bye make this one a world away so predictions are indicative but far from conclusive at this point.

Right now I think the Bills are either 3-2 or more likely 2-3 in this patch

481115[/snapback]

Agreed with your analyses of the games,

I see no reason why the Bills can't win at least the 2 home games & at the Raiders IF everyone shows up.

NE- really doubtful that we can win on the road and JP probably gets his next shot there.

481115[/snapback]

Kind of like a Flea Flicker following 4 straight 8 yard runs inside the tackles?

Mularkey has shown a lot of support favoring the element of surprise over sound coaching decisions- if we win in Oakland with KH and he makes a change to start the NE game he will have confirmed my worst fears about his selection as a head coach.

4 of those 5 games are against AFC teams....If you lose 3 or 4 of those games,

then it will dent our AFC record which is currently at 3-0...and mess with our

tie-breakers...

481293[/snapback]

Good point. This makes the next two that much more important. Truthfully, I think that the Oakland game is the biggest. IF we can beat them on the road, a divisional road loss to NE would not be the end of the world. The jests are finished, and Miami can be beat again. We should do well in our division.

How great is it that there is some excitement back in the season after a dismal 1-3 start? :rolleyes:

Firedawg... you've got Holcomb on your FFB team now... and he's putting up much better numbers than JP did. So, you no longer need JP... unless you like being the first in the waiver order.

Oh, and stop beating dead horses.

Firedawg... you've got Holcomb on your FFB team now... and he's putting up much better numbers than JP did.  So, you no longer need JP... unless you like being the first in the waiver order.

Oh, and stop beating dead horses.

481435[/snapback]

DeeRay.. I understand that I have Holcomb on my FFB team right now but that is only cause Brady is on a bye.. I don't need JP this year but I might next year..

Oh and that dead horse thing. You know I go to therapy twice a week for that.