Here's a little JP love from CNNSI

duey

Go to the bottom of the article. :D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...nart/index.html

Which team most needs Leinart?

If we assume Brady Quinn stays at Notre Dame and ignore Reggie Bush for argument's sake, USC QB Matt Leinart will be the first clear-cut No. 1 pick in several years. With the Texans or the 49ers front-runners to get the top pick, we could be headed for an open-bidding trade situation, like we had with Michael Vick and San Diego in 2001.

So which franchise is most likely to pursue Leinart in April? I'll rank 'em, then you let me know what you think:

1. Baltimore Ravens: No team has a bleaker future at QB than the Ravens. If they don't upgrade soon, coach Brian Billick is going to lose his offensive-guru status.

2. Cleveland Browns: Don't even say third-round pick Charlie Frye is waiting in the wings.

3. Detroit Lions: The Joey Harrington situation is already over. He's only in there because they have no other options. Backup Jeff Garcia is 35.

4. Oakland Raiders: Kerry Collins is locked into in a long-term deal, but this is Al Davis' team, so that's somewhat irrelevant. Davis loves big-name guys and Collins isn't working right now.

5. New Orleans Saints: Nothing against Aaron Brooks, but he's taking this franchise nowhere. He signed a hefty contract extension in 2002, but the Saints may have to suck it up and start looking for an alternative now.

6. Arizona Cardinals: All of a sudden Josh McCown is a potential QB of the future. He wouldn't be if Leinart was available.

7. Dolphins:- Good thing the weather's getting colder so the 'Fins can start losing and get into better position to get a QB.

8. Buccaneers: Chris Simms is a free agent at the end of the year, so he better impress the Bucs this season or they'll look elsewhere. Tampa Bay, however, may not have a high enough pick to trade up for Leinart.

9. Jets: Tragically, they still have cash tied up in Chad Pennington, so Bush might be a better option if they somehow find a way to move up in the draft.

10. Texans: They have to decide by the end of the season if they're going to honor the rest of David Carr's contract. They've already invested so much in the former No. 1 overall pick, they may feel obligated to do so. But they have to know they'd be better off with Leinart.

Honorable Mention - Bills (J.P. Losman is a disaster), Bears (they're tied up with Rex Grossman and kind of like Kyle Orton), Chiefs (Trent Green is 35), Cowboys, Titans (would be higher, but committed to Billy Volek through '08) and Packers (Aaron Rodgers is already comfortable losing out to Leinart

-- Andrew Perloff (1:30 p.m.) Should be Andrew Jerkoff, IMHO.

So he listed exactly half the teams in the league. What's that tell ya about quarterbacking in the NFL (or about Mr. Jerkhoff)?

And I'd say it's just a teensy, weensy bit early to predict that JP is a disaster. :D

So he listed exactly half the teams in the league. What's that tell ya about quarterbacking in the NFL (or about Mr. Jerkhoff)?

And I'd say it's just a teensy, weensy bit early to predict that JP is a disaster.  :D

480595[/snapback]

Other teams also might be on the lookout...

1. Washington....Brunell might soon outlive his expectations..and Gibbs is not

sold on Ramsey..and might start falling apart soon.

2. If Plummer doesn't take Denver to the playoffs (even though they are 5-1)

he might be on his way out there...

Go to the bottom of the article.  :D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...nart/index.html

Which team most needs Leinart?

If we assume Brady Quinn stays at Notre Dame and ignore Reggie Bush for argument's sake, USC QB Matt Leinart will be the first clear-cut No. 1 pick in several years. With the Texans or the 49ers front-runners to get the top pick, we could be headed for an open-bidding trade situation, like we had with Michael Vick and San Diego in 2001.

So which franchise is most likely to pursue Leinart in April? I'll rank 'em, then you let me know what you think:

1. Baltimore Ravens: No team has a bleaker future at QB than the Ravens. If they don't upgrade soon, coach Brian Billick is going to lose his offensive-guru status.

2. Cleveland Browns: Don't even say third-round pick Charlie Frye is waiting in the wings.

3. Detroit Lions: The Joey Harrington situation is already over. He's only in there because they have no other options. Backup Jeff Garcia is 35.

4. Oakland Raiders: Kerry Collins is locked into in a long-term deal, but this is Al Davis' team, so that's somewhat irrelevant. Davis loves big-name guys and Collins isn't working right now.

5. New Orleans Saints: Nothing against Aaron Brooks, but he's taking this franchise nowhere. He signed a hefty contract extension in 2002, but the Saints may have to suck it up and start looking for an alternative now.

6. Arizona Cardinals: All of a sudden Josh McCown is a potential QB of the future. He wouldn't be if Leinart was available.

7. Dolphins:- Good thing the weather's getting colder so the 'Fins can start losing and get into better position to get a QB.

8. Buccaneers: Chris Simms is a free agent at the end of the year, so he better impress the Bucs this season or they'll look elsewhere. Tampa Bay, however, may not have a high enough pick to trade up for Leinart.

9. Jets: Tragically, they still have cash tied up in Chad Pennington, so Bush might be a better option if they somehow find a way to move up in the draft.

10. Texans: They have to decide by the end of the season if they're going to honor the rest of David Carr's contract. They've already invested so much in the former No. 1 overall pick, they may feel obligated to do so. But they have to know they'd be better off with Leinart.

Honorable Mention - Bills (J.P. Losman is a disaster), Bears (they're tied up with Rex Grossman and kind of like Kyle Orton), Chiefs (Trent Green is 35), Cowboys, Titans (would be higher, but committed to Billy Volek through '08) and Packers (Aaron Rodgers is already comfortable losing out to Leinart

-- Andrew Perloff (1:30 p.m.) Should be Andrew Jerkoff, IMHO.

480581[/snapback]

Since when are QBs are branded by a lifetime 1-3 record? Of which two were tough on the road games and the third loss was to a very good team. At least the other QBs have a few YEARS under their belt. No doubt if they used the same criteria two years ago Drew Brees and Carson Palmer would have made their list. [No, I'm not saying JP will turn out like them but you'd think they were worthy of replacement on this guy's scale].

Losman is not a disaster, the coaching staff is. If they would give him enough reps he might improve. Eli Manning sucked at the beginning of last year!

-- Joe, Buffalo (1:50 p.m.)

I like that comment :ph34r:

How many reps did he have in how many games to show us what was up?

4 games??

:ph34r:

I like that comment :ph34r:

How many reps did he have in how many games to show us what was up?

4 games??

:ph34r:

481003[/snapback]

I guess any NFL player who is unable to master their position within 240 minutes of game time is a "disaster," eh?

There are a lot of adjectives that could describe JP's play as the starter. Disaster, IMHO, ain't one of 'em.

I guess any NFL player who is unable to master their position within 240 minutes of game time is a "disaster," eh?

There are a lot of adjectives that could describe JP's play as the starter.  Disaster, IMHO, ain't one of 'em.

481005[/snapback]

He played last year, plus a bunch of preseason games for two years. So it is a little more than 240. Actually he didn't even play 240 this year as he was bench a few times.

Plus all that college doesn't count? :ph34r:

Terry Bradshaw's rookie season... :ph34r:

G |  CMP ATT  PCT YARD  Y/A TD IN | RSH YARD TD |

| 13 |  83 218  38.1 1410  6.5  6 24 |  32  233  1

481080[/snapback]

Holy crap. No wonder they thought he was an idiot!