Bills-Raiders Game- for those going

Anybody who will be going to the Bills-Raiders game this weekend and wants to get on board the North Star bus, please contact Mark Jennings at 415-397-0577 or email Mark at northstar-kellys@sbcglobal.net

The bus will leave the North Star at 11 am. It is $20 and includes lot of booze. You will need your own ticket. Last year people had extras and this one will not be sold out, so you have a decent chance of getting them before we leave or scalping. The Raiders never sell out because they suck. The bus is also nice because it ensures some safety in numbers as the fans there are a little crazy.

Let Mark know right away.

For all of you out of towners- the North Star is at Powell and Green in North Beach.

I wouldn't think less of you for wearing a Raiders Jersey over top of your Bills jersey.

As a matter of fact, I really don't know why ANYONE, as a Bills fan, would ever choose the Raiders game as the away game to go to.... I went to several Dolphins games in Miami, and got razzed pretty good each time (except the last one, where we outnumbered the dolphins fans), but I wouldn't risk it and go to a Raiders game. You'd be afraid to even cheer for the Bills, unless you don't mind getting stabbed.

No thanks.

I wouldn't think less of you for wearing a Raiders Jersey over top of your Bills jersey.

As a matter of fact, I really don't know why ANYONE, as a Bills fan, would ever choose the Raiders game as the away game to go to.... I went to several Dolphins games in Miami, and got razzed pretty good each time (except the last one, where we outnumbered the dolphins fans), but I wouldn't risk it and go to a Raiders game. You'd be afraid to even cheer for the Bills, unless you don't mind getting stabbed.

No thanks.

479854[/snapback]

Some years ago a guy was hit in the head with a beer bottle after a Bills/Raider game for wearing the wrong color jersey. They never caught the culprit, but the poor guy's paralyzed.

He was a Raiders' fan at Rich Stadium.

No thanks.

479854[/snapback]

I've been to several Bills/Raiders games in LA and Oaktown...never had a problem. With that said, I don't wear a ton of Bills' gear...maybe none at all...I don't taunt the home town fans at ANY stadium I go to (that's just plain ignorant, IMO). But, while in the stands I root for the Bills. If a Raiders' fan gets nasty, I make a joke of it. By the end of the game, they're buying me beers and inviting me to a post-game party.

But one of the reasons I'm going to this game is because I live in SF and the game is close by. Also going to San Diego...because it's close enough to get to.

Some years ago a guy was hit in the head with a beer bottle after a Bills/Raider game for wearing the wrong color jersey.  They never caught the culprit, but the poor guy's paralyzed.

He was a Raiders' fan at Rich Stadium.

479861[/snapback]

Of course there will be !@#$s everywhere. And as with any argument, pointing out exceptions doesn't really support your case. In this case, I think it's VERY fair to say that in general it would be MUCH safer to go to Orchard Park wearing a Raiders jersey than it would be to go to Oakland wearing your Bills gear.

Of course there will be !@#$s everywhere. And as with any argument, pointing out exceptions doesn't really support your case. In this case, I think it's VERY fair to say that in general it would be MUCH safer to go to Orchard Park wearing a Raiders jersey than it would be to go to Oakland wearing your Bills gear.

479874[/snapback]

Probably. But I don't think it's particularly dangerous to go to a Raider's game if you're a well behaved guest.

Mostly I was responding to why a Bills fan would go to that game...and the answer is.."because it's there". Also, since it isn't sold out, we'd miss the game if we didn't go.

Probably.  But I don't think it's particularly dangerous to go to a Raider's game if you're a well behaved guest. 

Mostly I was responding to why a Bills fan would go to that game...and the answer is.."because it's there".  Also, since it isn't sold out, we'd miss the game if we didn't go.

479877[/snapback]

Just be careful... guess that's all I'm really saying.

:(

479874[/snapback]

Given that I've never been to a Bills game in Oakland (just NE, Wash, Cleveland, Balt, and Carolina), I wouldn't know what their fans are like, but according to the post above, it sounds like it's a lot like going to any stadium as a visitor.

FWIW, I didn't offer an exception, only evidence that there are idiots everywhere. Including Buffalo.

:blush:

479882[/snapback]

Sounds like Paul Reiser in Mad About You, "that's all I'm really saying". :(

Anyway...thank you for your kind thoughts!

stevestojan Posted Today, 05:59 PM

QUOTE(The Dean @ Oct 18 2005, 05:58 PM)

Probably.  But I don't think it's particularly dangerous to go to a Raider's game if you're a well behaved guest. 

Mostly I was responding to why a Bills fan would go to that game...and the answer is.."because it's there".  Also, since it isn't sold out, we'd miss the game if we didn't go.

I am going to the game too. I went last year and wore all of my Bills gear. I did'nt have a single problem at all. I was talking to Raiders fans throughout the entire game and had a good time. I did'nt cause any trouble or get in anyone's face. There are idiots out there, but you can ignore them and they go away.

I look forward to this weekend, and I think it will be a great time.

No thanks.

479854[/snapback]

Have you been to a game there? I'm going on Sunday, and was planning on wearing Bills gear...but if you are speaking from personal experience, then I may reconsider that...

I'm just planning on not being loud towards other fans...but I've never actually been to an away game before.

Have you been to a game there?  I'm going on Sunday, and was planning on wearing Bills gear...but if you are speaking from personal experience, then I may reconsider that...

I'm just planning on not being loud towards other fans...but I've never actually been to an away game before.

480034[/snapback]

Here's what I do when I'm outnumbered 65000 to 4:

-When they insult Buffalo and/or the Bills, laugh it off and/or tell them it's true. Half the time, they're right anyway, so just roll with it.

-Expect to hear "Doesn't Bills mean Boy I love losing Super Bowls?" Laugh like you've never heard it before.

-Make friends with a few Raider fans sitting near you. Start off by telling them how it seems that the Raiders always seem to win out there. Impress them by saying that the Bills have only won twice since 1966 against the Raiders on the road (that's true). With any luck, a couple of nearby Raider fans will tell others that you're "alright."

-You make a better target when standing. Remain seated, even if Bflo makes a huge play, unless fans around you are standing too. If that's the case, sit down before the people around you do.

-Compliment the play of the Raiders when they make a good play. But don't go over the top

-Don't drink too much.

-Don't "rub it in" regardless of whether it's a huge play or the final score.

-Remember to have fun.

I've never had a real problem at any road game I've attended when doing the above. :D

Last year at Bills/Raiders, SF Fan and I snuck in a bunch of labatts, but we didnt drink one of them.

When we got to our seats, we handed them out to all the raider fans around us as peace offerings...and we were good to go the rest of the game.

Free beer = friends.

Agilen,

I did go to a game last season and wore my Bills jersey. It was bad, but wasn't that bad. People yelled and taunted, but nobody did anyting threatening. It was all in good fun as far as I'm concerned.

And I plan to wear my gear once again.

Have you been to a game there?  I'm going on Sunday, and was planning on wearing Bills gear...but if you are speaking from personal experience, then I may reconsider that...

480034[/snapback]

Like I said on other threads, we did bowling ball shots with Pinto Ken and the Raiders fans in the lot before the game. They were really impressed with Ken's dedication. We got yelled at going in and coming out of the stadium, but nothing threatening. Just F you and Bills suck. No problems in the stands at all. The only lousy thing is that that make you leave the lot fairly quickly after the game (put out coals an hour later).

Last year at Bills/Raiders, SF Fan and I snuck in a bunch of labatts, but we didnt drink one of them.

When we got to our seats, we handed them out to all the raider fans around us as peace offerings...and we were good to go the rest of the game.

Free beer = friends.

480293[/snapback]

Yes- that strategy worked well. We'll do it this year too. We snuck in a lot of beer. The only guy that gave me crap last year apologized to me at the half in the concourse. As it turned out, he was a Raider fan that was from Niagara Falls. Total turncoat.

I gotta make sure I join you guys for the tailgate.

Yes- that strategy worked well. We'll do it this year too. We snuck in a lot of beer. The only guy that gave me crap last year apologized to me at the half in the concourse. As it turned out, he was a Raider fan that was from Niagara Falls. Total turncoat.

480562[/snapback]