Jets fans at the Ralph - Their Opinion

If you’ve never had a drunken Buffalo accent catapulted through your cranium via a drunken Buffalo person, well then you’re just letting the worst thing in life pass you by.
And this is coming from a guy from downstate? :angry::o:(

The guy was smart to be "incognito."

I know, it is a free country, blah blah blah, but I could never see the wisdom of wearing Bills colors to the swamps of NJ.

On paper, sure....go ahead. In reality, you might very well be spat upon, cursed, and have objects thrown at you.

The same thing happens at RWS. It is wrong, but why bring this kind of s&%t upon ones self?

I know, it is a free country, blah blah blah, but I could never see the wisdom of wearing Bills colors to the swamps of NJ.

On paper, sure....go ahead. In reality, you might very well be spat upon, cursed, and have objects thrown at you.

The same thing happens at RWS. It is wrong, but why bring this kind of s&%t upon ones self?

479348[/snapback]

I agree. Back in the Kelly years, I would wear his jersey proudly into the Meadowlands. Now mind you, I would not say a single word the entire game, and I pretty much kept my ass in the seat regardless of what happened, but let me tell you, it was still a pretty rough experience. Just walking through the parking lot was an adventure. I've wised up and now go to the game wearing as little red and blue as possible and still keep my yap shut. It's called self-preservation.

anyone notice a tall skinny guy in a bright orange ricky williams jersey?

my friend decided to wear it to the game even though he doesn't like the dolphins (according to him, he just likes ricky)...supposedly we even showed up on tv with about 11 minutes left in the 2nd quarter...one or two guys called him a fag as he walked up the stairs, but that's about it

I agree.  Back in the Kelly years, I would wear his jersey proudly into the Meadowlands.  Now mind you, I would not say a single word the entire game, and I pretty much kept my ass in the seat regardless of what happened, but let me tell you, it was still a pretty rough experience.  Just walking through the parking lot was an adventure.  I've wised up and now go to the game wearing as little red and blue as possible and still keep my yap shut.  It's called self-preservation.

479363[/snapback]

Agreed - I've gone to Bills games in the swamp since the super bowl years. You're in someone else's house and if you wanna act like an a$$ you're just increasing the odds of getting into a scuffle.

BTW I was fortunate enough to end up with seats between the 20 yard lines and usually close to the field through my job. I wouldn't have bothered to go if I was getting seats up in the bleeds with the mental patients.

anyone notice a tall skinny guy in a bright orange ricky williams jersey?

my friend decided to wear it to the game even though he doesn't like the dolphins (according to him, he just likes ricky)...supposedly we even showed up on tv with about 11 minutes left in the 2nd quarter...one or two guys called him a fag as he walked up the stairs, but that's about it

479369[/snapback]

He wore a Dolphins jersey to a Bills-Jets game? Why would anyone wear the jersey of a player from a team not playing in the game to that game?

479348[/snapback]

I've gone to four Bills/Jets games at the Medowlands. Each time I wore a Bills jersey and I never had any problems. If you don't get drunk and run your mouth you'll be fine...unless you get really unlucky and get seated near "that guy".

He wore a Dolphins jersey to a Bills-Jets game?  Why would anyone wear the jersey of a player from a team not playing in the game to that game?

479415[/snapback]

Saw plenty of that just this past Sunday at RWS...saw guy decked out all in Pat gear, and thought, hey aren't your boys playing RIGHT NOW? Also saw a guy all in Raider stuff and thought the same thing. :(

I've gone to four Bills/Jets games at the Medowlands.  Each time I wore a Bills jersey and I never had any problems.  If you don't get drunk and run your mouth you'll be fine...unless you get really unlucky and get seated near "that guy".

479528[/snapback]

Ditto. This holds true for most stadiums.

I have to give it up to Charger Fans. After the QB controversy game where FLUTIE beat JOHNSON several yrs ago 27-24 i think, they were probably the nicest fans to lose too. No hard feelings. No yelling in your face. I mean, granted their team won the home game but I didn't feel threatened. San Diego was cool.

I have to give it up to Charger Fans. After the QB controversy game where FLUTIE beat JOHNSON several yrs ago 27-24 i think, they were probably the nicest fans to lose too. No hard feelings. No yelling in your face. I mean, granted their team won the home game but I didn't feel threatened. San Diego was cool.

479666[/snapback]

You went to San Diego to watch a 1 on 1 football game?

It's funny that complaints should come from a Jets fan. IMO, Jets fans are, by far, the absolute worst of any visiting team. Worse than Raider fans...by a lot, in my experience. Jet's fans act like they are in their stadium. When walking from the lot to the Stadium, THEY initiate confrontations ...are they nuts? Maybe it's a by-product of not really having a true home stadium.

Now clearly there are drunken obnoxious Bills fans...just like there are for every team. But, I feel the same way toward Jets fans complaining about their treatment at the Ralph as I do toward foreign-born residents of the US taking every opportunity to complain about the US and Americans. My response: "Go back to your own miserable country!"

BTW, I loved this, "If you’ve never had a drunken Buffalo accent catapulted through your cranium via a drunken Buffalo person, well then you’re just letting the worst thing in life pass you by." Now I know that a STRONG Buffalo accent is not one of the most pleasant sounds in the world. But, again...looks who's complaining. What is it about a strong New Yawk accent that makes the person sound so freakin stupid?