Travis Henry vs. Doug Jolley

ans4e64

I think everybody would clearly agree that travis henry is a much better player than doug jolley, not to mention the fact that jolley is a TE, and who's been a backup most of this season. Yet when it comes down to a trade, how does Oakland get a 1st rounder from the jets for a backup TE who's never done anything in this league, yet we have a RB who had 1300 and 1400 yard seasons and we get a 3rd rounder out of it?????

I think everybody would clearly agree that travis henry is a much better player than doug jolley, not to mention the fact that jolley is a TE, and who's been a backup most of this season. Yet when it comes down to a trade, how does Oakland get a 1st rounder from the jets for a backup TE who's never done anything in this league, yet we have a RB who had 1300 and 1400 yard seasons and we get a 3rd rounder out of it?????

478406[/snapback]

Maybe because of his coke habit? :blink:

478406[/snapback]

Perhaps because the raiders traded their 2nd and 2 6th rounders along with jolley to get the 1st round pick.

Essentially, the raiders sent jolley and 2 6ths to move from pick 47 to 26.

478406[/snapback]

partly because running backs are a dime a dozen and if you have a good line you can take about any pro running back to run behind it

henry is just a pro running back

superbacks make the difference and you know the names of those three currently playing

The real question that should be asked (if you can hold your breath and not critsize TD for a second) is why could seattle not get a 2nd for alexander?  And why could Indianapolis not get a 2nd for James, yet we got a 3rd for Henry?

478431[/snapback]

alexander and james want insane $$$...like deuce mcallister/LT $50 million type money

478406[/snapback]

Wow, when did all this happen? You can't stay away for one day, without missing some major breaking news.... I still can't believe that cheap ass RW won't just pay Joe Cribbs what he wants, so we can keep the Knox boys intact! :D

Wow, when did all this happen?  You can't stay away for one day, without missing some major breaking news.... I still can't believe that cheap ass RW won't just pay Joe Cribbs what he wants, so we can keep the Knox boys intact! :(

478717[/snapback]

wow man..... that was hilarious, especially considering that you took time out of your day to write that.... but nice try though.... you get an A for effort!

478406[/snapback]

Name 5 good NFL tight ends.

Now try and name five more.

Now, name 20 good running backs. Much easier.

Perhaps because the raiders traded their 2nd and 2 6th rounders along with jolley to get the 1st round pick.

Essentially, the raiders sent jolley and 2 6ths to move from pick 47 to 26.

478413[/snapback]

Close. The official trade:

TE Doug Jolley and the Texans' second-round selection in 2005 (#47 - Mike Nugent), the Cardinals' sixth-round selection in 2005 (#182 - Cedric Houston) and the Cowboys' sixth-round selection in 2005 (#185) from Oakland to New York Jets for the Jets' first-round selection in 2005 (#26) and the Vikings' seventh-round selection in 2005 (#230).

Raiders flipped #26 and a fourth-round pick for Seattle's #23, then took CB Fabian Washington, and included #230 in a deal with New England. (Pats took QB Matt Cassell.)

Jets sent #185 and their own fourth-round pick (#127) to Jacksonville for the Jags' fourth-rounder (#123), which the Jets used to take CB Kerry Rhodes.

wow man..... that was hilarious, especially considering that you took time out of your day to write that.... but nice try though.... you get an A for effort!

479951[/snapback]

Thanks for the A! What was hilarious to me was that you took time out of your day to get pissed about two roster moves that happened months ago! What braught that on?

The real question that should be asked (if you can hold your breath and not critsize TD for a second) is why could seattle not get a 2nd for alexander?  And why could Indianapolis not get a 2nd for James, yet we got a 3rd for Henry?

478431[/snapback]

Thank you Jim Bob, the market will set the price, please continue to teach these you posters.

478406[/snapback]

Probably because Travis was in the NFL's banned substance program.

478406[/snapback]

Travis Henry: 31 carries, 97 yards/3 catches 20 yards

Doug Jolley: 7 receptions, 79 yards

----

Shaud Williams: 18 carries, 80 yards/7 catches 36 yards

Mark Campbell: 8 receptions, 67 yards

Logically, I think that if we package Shaud and Campbell, we should be able to get a #1 and a #3 next year. Get 'er done!

Thanks for the A!  What was hilarious to me was that you took time out of your day to get pissed about two roster moves that happened months ago!  What braught that on?

480140[/snapback]

Wait.... so i got pissed about these moves?...... hardly, but again.... i'll have to mark you down to an F for comebacks.... that was just horrible.... and what braught it on was probably the same thing that caused you to take time out of your day to write in your last post about how well John Madden is doing 6 weeks into the season and he was signed months ago....

Wait.... so i got pissed about these moves?...... hardly, but again.... i'll have to mark you down to an F for comebacks.... that was just horrible.... and what braught it on was probably the same thing that caused you to take time out of your day to write in your last post about how well John Madden is doing 6 weeks into the season and he was signed months ago....

480657[/snapback]

Oh, the Madden thing was just a response to the on-going detestment that is expressed toward him. I just had a chance to watch the MNF (Colts/Rams) game undistracted (a rarity in my house) and was impressed. But, I see your point...I really wasn't trying to wrinkle your feathers...just when I read your post, I thought there was some actual connection to what had happened in the NFL this week....it just seemed like old news...I do apologize though! :ph34r: