O.J.

In a manner of speaking.

As some of you may know, aside from writing for the Reporter I own a tourism business in Niagara Falls. One of my biggest accounts is at one of the top-end hotels in N.F., Ontario. I spend the bulk of my time during the tourism season there.

For the past 8 days O.J. was a guest at this hotel. He checked out before yesterday's game. Watching him over this period of time was pretty surreal. He spent at least 2-3 hours per day in the lobby bar basically just holding court. He signed autographs for guests and staff alike.

O.J. seemed to live for the attention. He's no shrinking violet that’s for sure. He would carry on long and detailed conversations with just about anyone that recognized him.

For the record, I didn't speak to him once during his stay. I can't tell you why exactly. I respect the judicial system - even when I disagree with the verdict - and don't begrudge him his freedom. Still, I felt it inappropriate to fawn over him - as many staff members did - and I just didn't feel I had anything compelling to say to him. (When's the last time you heard someone from the media say that?)

I'm just wondering, if you found yourself in my shoes this past week, what would you have done?

In a manner of speaking.

As some of you may know, aside from writing for the Reporter I own a tourism business in Niagara Falls. One of my biggest accounts is at one of the top-end hotels in N.F., Ontario. I spend the bulk of my time during the tourism season there.

For the past 8 days O.J. was a guest at this hotel. He checked out before yesterday's game. Watching him over this period of time was pretty surreal. He spent at least 2-3 hours per day in the lobby bar basically just holding court. He signed autographs for guests and staff alike.

O.J. seemed to live for the attention. He's no shrinking violet that’s for sure. He would carry on long and detailed conversations with just about anyone that recognized him.

For the record, I didn't speak to him once during his stay. I can't tell you why exactly. I respect the judicial system - even when I disagree with the verdict - and don't begrudge him his freedom. Still, I felt it inappropriate to fawn over him - as many staff members did - and just didn't feel I had anything compelling to say to him. (When's the last time you heard someone from the media say that?)

I'm just wondering, if you found yourself in my shoes this past week, what would you have done?

477957[/snapback]

I think you handled the situation well. If you didn't want to talk to him, then what's the problem? He seemed to be socializing with others around him so he was active in those few hours that you saw him. If you wanted to talk to him, I'm sure you would have.

If I had no journalistic motive, I would do what you already did.

In a manner of speaking.

For the record, I didn't speak to him once during his stay. I can't tell you why exactly. I respect the judicial system - even when I disagree with the verdict - and don't begrudge him his freedom. Still, I felt it inappropriate to fawn over him - as many staff members did - and just didn't feel I had anything compelling to say to him. (When's the last time you heard someone from the media say that?)

477957[/snapback]

The man killed to people (verdict be damned). I would have looked at him, from a far, with a mixture of fear and disgust.

The amazing thing is that I honestly believe that OJ has actually convinced himself that he didn't do it.

In a manner of speaking.

For the record, I didn't speak to him once during his stay. I can't tell you why exactly. I respect the judicial system - even when I disagree with the verdict - and don't begrudge him his freedom. Still, I felt it inappropriate to fawn over him - as many staff members did - and I just didn't feel I had anything compelling to say to him. (When's the last time you heard someone from the media say that?)

477957[/snapback]

I would have asked for an Autograph. See when I was about 15 years old I was watching a Buffalo Braves game and guess who is sitting right behing me? OJ, Reggie and Maybe Sherman White. So I ask for an autograph and they sign my program etc. Not understanding the value of what I received I was careless with it and the program ended up being ruined etc. I still regret that I lost the autograph.

I give him a mulligan for that whole double murder thing. People make mistakes.

477973[/snapback]

I can think of a few would-be-victims for my future double murder. Gonna run fro President? With you in office we could thin the population and really fix the gene pool.

I would have wrote a detailed confession note on a sheet of paper, then folded it in to half and ask OJ to sign it on the bottom of the sheet. They way we would have a full confession with OJ's signature on the bottom.

Just think how much that would get on EBAY. The Virgin Mary of Grill Cheese got a few bucks, I am sure this would get even more.

:w00t::lol::lol:

I would have wrote a detailed confession note on a sheet of paper, then folded it in to half and ask OJ to sign it on the bottom of the sheet. They way we would have a full confession with OJ's signature on the bottom.

Just think how much that would get on EBAY. The Virgin Mary of Grill Cheese got a few bucks, I am sure this would get even more.

Very creative Eric!!! :w00t:

The only room that OJ should be staying in is the one on death row next to Scott Peterson in San Quintin. If I ran the hotel, I would have said, sorry we are checking you out- we don't want your business here.