Is Parcells braindead?

Fezmid

Watching his press conference now, and Parcells sounds like he rides on the short bus...

When....he .... feels.... comfortable....  He... throws..... the.... ball.... well......

CW

472034[/snapback]

Haven't heard the conference. So it appears he doesn't entirely agree with your assessment about DB ? ;)

'Our time' does not cut it any more. He hasn't really done much recently and seems to be riding the wave of his success from 15 years back.

472059[/snapback]

He did go 10-6 his first year in Dallas after 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons.

And that was a backfield occupied by Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick.

472066[/snapback]

You can do that when you had the stinking Washington and NY Giants

on your division....Plus he got to play Bledsoe and the Bills, who could

not get a single drive going on that day.

Not for nothin', bro, but this braindead guy's team beat the snot out of a divisional foe from beginning to end...a divisional foe everyone predicted to return to the Super Bowl...held them to three points, and made the dynamic duo of McNabb and TO look more like the dynamic duet of The Captain and Tenille.

If that's braindead, I would hate to see him fully functional.

Having to answer questions from media types is not one of his favorite things to do.

You may recall some of the testy press conferences that he has had in the past.

I would have loved to see how he would have responded to someone like Jerry Sullivan.

Not for nothin', bro, but this braindead guy's team beat the snot out of a divisional foe from beginning to end...a divisional foe everyone predicted to return to the Super Bowl...held them to three points, and made the dynamic duo of McNabb and TO look more like the dynamic duet of The Captain and Tenille.

If that's braindead, I would hate to see him fully functional.

472151[/snapback]

I'm just saying that watching his press conference sounded like they were talking to someone in the Special Olympics. He seemed to pause after EVERY single word.

Not questioning his ability as a coach, I just don't remember him sounding so... slow... when he was in the AFC East.

CW

472066[/snapback]

Yes, but several other coaches have achieved a turnaround also. That what-was-his-name took the Raiders to the SB right after Gruden quit. Doesn't make him a good coach. My point simply is that he is no more exceptional now than several other coaches

The fact remains is that he is one of the most effective coaches of our time. Even with the man boobs...

472043[/snapback]

He was when he had Bill Bellicheck. Now he's just a decent coach.

Yes, but several other coaches have achieved a turnaround also. That what-was-his-name took the Raiders to the SB right after Gruden quit. Doesn't make him a good coach. My point simply is that he is no more exceptional now than several other coaches

472285[/snapback]

The Raiders were a 12-4 team in Gruden's last year.

Yeah, he's not the first coach to take a bad team into a playoff team, but he's done it in 4 different places and he's done it with teams that were previously really bad.