Every single one of you guys know squat

Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog @ Oct 3 2005, 03:26 PM)

Look in the mirror.

I see myself. Damn I need to lose weight.

You were also sure that Mike Gandy was going to suck, our LT was a mess and Losman was going to get killed from the backside.

I was concerned about Gandy since he was the most unproven O-Lineman on the team.

You also thought that Ryan Lindell was one of the worst kickers in the league.

I did think that. I must give him credit for how he's done. I just worry about those 40+yd FG's.

You also thought that Willis was slow and sluggish and Mularkey was stupid for calling him out and is nowhere near the speed or talent he had in college.

I never thought Willis was sluggish, I just did'nt like seeing him dance so much against TB. I also found it odd that Mularkey called McGahee out so early in the season.

You also thought that Josh Reed stinks and drops half of the balls thrown to him.

Never. I am one of the few here who has been cheering for Josh Reed the whole time. It's Aiken and Smith that I have little faith in.

You also thought that Troy Vincent was going to be a good free safety and that Nate Clements is a shut down cornerback who rarely if ever gets beat.

I think Vincent is doing fine, could be better, but I don't see his position as a glaring weakness. I don't think Clements is a shut down corner, but he is a playmaker, although he does make some bad decisions.

You also thought that Tampa Bay was sh------- and that was probably one of the easiest games on our schedule.

Yes I did think this. I also thought that our first 4 games of the season would be the easiest part of the schedule for the Bills.

You also thought that Chris Villarial was probably the only reliable OL on the team (and he has been just as bad as any of them)

Not really, I also think Mike Williams is getting more reliable.

You also thought that the Dolphins were going to stink and Pat Williams was going to make the Vikings defense a lot better and that TO was going to be a cancer for the Eagles and the Colts still had one of the worst defenses in the league.

I told people to watch out for the Dolphins. That they had potential to be a dangerous team, not a playoff team, but a team that could win about 6 or 7 games. I thought the Vikings D would be better, not only because of Pat Williams, but because of Cowart, Sharper, Winfield, & Udeze. I did think TO would be a cancer, until he decided to shut his mouth up late in the preseason. I thought the Colts D would be better, but not like this.

Face it, you thought 100 things and maybe half of them came out to be true. The same percentage as the Bills fans that thought they were going to be 11-5.

I said they'd be 10-6.

Oh yeah I think I projected 7-9.  Boy I look so wrong now.  But I am hoping JP comes around a little.

463780[/snapback]

Exactly what I had them at. Hopefullly it turns out that well with Losman improving learning from taking his lumps. What really concerns me is the play of the defence and it's apparent lack of toughness up front. No matter how much the offence comes around this defence, in its current state, is going to be the bigger problem.

Well, last year we were 0-4 and ended up just missing the playoffs. You just never know what might happen. No matter what, I'll still be rooting for the Bills to win each game.

Besides, as lousy as we've played, nobody else is doing much in our division. The Jets are done, the Pats are having problems and the Phins will tank very soon.

As lousy as the Bills have played we were only one or two breaks away from winning yesterday. If McGee stays on his feet, we would have led at halftime. If not for the penalties on Fast Freddie's long punt return and WM's run, we may have had 2 more scores.

BTW, Lindell does suck. Everytime he kicks from beyond 40 he gets the yipps. A lot of kickers would be 9 for 9 if they didn't have to attempt any FGs beyond 40 yds.

Look in the mirror.

You were also sure that Mike Gandy was going to suck, our LT was a mess and Losman was going to get killed from the backside.

You also thought that Willis was slow and sluggish and Mularkey was stupid for calling him out and is nowhere near the speed or talent he had in college.

You also thought that Josh Reed stinks and drops half of the balls thrown to him.

You also thought that Troy Vincent was going to be a good free safety and that Nate Clements is a shut down cornerback who rarely if ever gets beat.

You also thought that Tampa Bay was sh------- and that was probably one of the easiest games on our schedule.

You also thought that Chris Villarial was probably the only reliable OL on the team (and he has been just as bad as any of them)

You also thought that the Dolphins were going to stink and Pat Williams was going to make the Vikings defense a lot better and that TO was going to be a cancer for the Eagles and the Colts still had one of the worst defenses in the league.

Face it, you thought 100 things and maybe half of them came out to be true. The same percentage as the Bills fans that thought they were going to be 11-5.

463647[/snapback]

Yeah, but your politics suck.

So there.

Look in the mirror.

463647[/snapback]

I can't muster up enough strength to post on a lot of this....but I will say this AGAIN.......

LINDELL DOES SUCK

His first pressure kick this season.......MISS. Every important to semi-important kick he makes, he tanks.

He is as kickers go.....the same as our defense on 3rd down plays.

9-9 in blowouts or wide margin games.....first game where we really need him to get us out of a hole......MISSED.

Mark it down, I still think he sucks......even when he's I believe 9-10. First important kick under pressure this year....MISS.

Look in the mirror.

YES - though Losman sucks on his own.

YES - maybe he's not the worst...

NO - thought he would be everything he is now...

YES 0 But we'll never know as Losman can be blamed for many bad throws...

YES - I think we all knew that one...

NO - Gruden is too good to be a Mularky...

NO - Mike Williams and Anderson were the guys going in...I thought Chicago let Villarial leave for the reasons we are seeing...

You also thought that the Dolphins were going to stink

YES - they are the surprise of the league right now...

and Pat Williams was going to make the Vikings defense a lot better '

NO - He would be missed though...

and that TO was going to be a cancer for the Eagles

NO - Would gladly have swapped Moulds and Reed for him when he was sulking in camp....

and the Colts still had one of the worst defenses in the league.

NO - Come on, yousaw them loading up for 2 years...

Not at all - instead of watching with wishful eyes, trying seeing the bills for what they are - a team weighed down my a GM who is running them like a business and not a team...  Get off of your soapbox and deal with the reality that is the BIlls season - st least the Sabres are tied for first today...

463647[/snapback]

I was 100% positive that the one thing that would make the Bills a top notch playoff contender, was adding Marcus Pollard as a free agent, and Cory Simon to replace Pat Williams. Now I am pretty sure Pollard wouldn't make a bit of difference, and who knows about Simon.

I was also sure that Lindell was the worst kicker the Bills had ever had in consecutive seasons.

Look in the mirror.

463647[/snapback]

I agree. I called the Bills for what they are 7-9 to 9-7

SO far I am right on at 1-3. I called these first 4. I knew Pat Williams what not a difference maker.

I am shocked by JP's perfomance, much worse then I thought

I include myself in the don't know squat category. I have been right about some things and wrong about others. Many of both. The point is that when certain things happen that a fan predicted, he or she suddenly feels like they knew it all along, and everyone who thought differently from them just doesn't or didn't get it. What they forget is that they also thought a ton of things that didn't happen to turn out right, or last year they said the team wouldn't win 3 more games the whole season when they won 9. It's human nature. The post is to make people, including myself, think a little before they pat themselves on the back for being so prescient.

463811[/snapback]

You know ... to cut the crap for a minute I have to agree with you on that one. Being an NFL football fan is a very personal thing. People want their team to win and they want to be right like mini-GMs and micro-Head Coaches about the good and bad involving their teams. If I were king blah blah blah ...

The main thing is no matter how the season turns out, let's all try to enjoy it as much as possible while it is here for the simple reason that it will be done and gone way too soon.

Have a great day man, and Let's Go Bills !

Wow. I have them going on a 3-game winning streak from here. Somebody must have spiked my homebrew. What was I thinking?

464348[/snapback]

What you had them only going 8-8? How dare you, didn't you realize like everyone else they were destined for greatness this year?

Wow. I have them going on a 3-game winning streak from here. Somebody must have spiked my homebrew. What was I thinking?

464348[/snapback]

I don't think a three-game win streak is a stretch for us. Yes, I know, the team has quit, our quarterback is lost, our big wide receiver is unhappy and our kicker finally missed a field goal, but I didn't sign up for this program to quit after Week 4. I save getting really, really pissed when the Pro Bowl ends and I have to face eight months without football.