SI's Peter King's take on JP

BuffaloBud

Yes, Dan I did. 'Cos I am at my (limited) wit's end about how a team that finished so strong last year can sink to such depths by subtracting PW, JJ and DB. Mostly same personnel and same coaches ...

463663[/snapback]

I'm not convinced it's the same coaching staff.

Last season I thought we had the best young coaching staff in the league, this season...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced it's the same coaching staff.

Last season I thought we had the best young coaching staff in the league,  this season...

463668[/snapback]

Did you really, honestly think that at the end of the first quarter of the season last year?

How come so few said this about Drew?

463369[/snapback]

Because our O-line is stinking up the joint worse than last year....Plus last

year lots of the sacks were attributed to DB holding on to the ball TOO LONG.

Plus he caused dump fumbles/interceptions when the game was on the line...

(Game against NE at home, Pit at home come to mind)....

Losman hasn't done something like that yet.....

The world does rotate around the Oline.

If the Oline gave the QB protection, the QB position would be playing better, the Offense would be more productive, and the team would be above 500. With a winning team I doubt people would be trashing the GM and coaching staff.

463406[/snapback]

Yup..Ask Tom Brady...He gets 6seconds to throw on every pass play....

Did you really, honestly think that at the end of the first quarter of the season last year?

463680[/snapback]

I was thinking that when we got trashed by Pittsburgh. Maybe the Pitt game was the true measure of the team and coaching and the other was pure luck.

Yes, Dan I did. 'Cos I am at my (limited) wit's end about how a team that finished so strong last year can sink to such depths by subtracting PW, JJ and DB. Mostly same personnel and same coaches ...

463663[/snapback]

Me too Chicago Fan---I am mystified..What the hell happened??

This is what I think about Peter King.

ii) I bet dollar's to frappachino latte's that Peter King did not watch the game and has no comprehension of the Bills' other problems on offense, defense and coaching.

I for one, would be much more concerned about keeping JP in the game if the defence and special teams were playing lights out. This team is going no where this year. Let JP play at all costs.

PS. I really didn't think JP played too badly this game. (ducks as virtual rotten tomatoes are thrown at him!). Some nice throws. Some bad decisions. Some running first downs. Just about what I expected.

463174[/snapback]

YOU R RIGHT.IT WAS HIS SECOND BEST GAME...NOT THATTHAT SAYS MUCH. SINCE SEASON IS OVER I NOW ADVOCATE LETTING HIM SINK OR SWIM

If there was ever an answer to the question... what's more important the QB or the O-line. Then look no further than Green Bay. Favre, the greatest quarterback, no the greatest human being to ever live (sorry for the sarcasm) looks like crap this year. Why? Because his O-line is gone and he;s left to fend for himself. All of a sudden he looks average and the Packers are winless.

So, how can any QB young or old succeed in Buffalo with the line we have, we've had, we will have for a seeming eternity.

Still threw 4 TDs last night.

464634[/snapback]

because he's been there done that. He's used to the game enough so that he can play in poor circumstances. It's hard to throw a young QB into that and expect them to do that well... ALA JP. A little better protection/ pass blocking could prolly help out alot...

This is what I think about Peter King.

ii) I bet dollar's to frappachino latte's that Peter King did not watch the game and has no comprehension of the Bills' other problems on offense, defense and coaching.

I for one, would be much more concerned about keeping JP in the game if the defence and special teams were playing lights out. This team is going no where this year. Let JP play at all costs.

PS. I really didn't think JP played too badly this game. (ducks as virtual rotten tomatoes are thrown at him!). Some nice throws. Some bad decisions. Some running first downs. Just about what I expected.

463174[/snapback]

Bingo.

Just another national media guy who has yet to watch a Bills game.

because he's been there done that.  He's used to the game enough so that he can play in poor circumstances.  It's hard to throw a young QB into that and expect them to do that well... ALA JP.  A little better protection/ pass blocking could prolly help out alot...

464639[/snapback]

I am not arguing against that but I thought the point of his post was that Favre is struggling because of a crappy O-line. I think either (1) The panthers went too much into prevent mode or (2) Favre is so good that he can overcome the O-line deficiencies or (3) it was a bad example to make his point.

And Dan, again I am not arguing that point at all. Simply pointing out the flaw in using the example he did.

Considering what we have right now - a collectively sucky team, it would be great if atleast JP put up some numbers. We would have something to cheer for (apart from WM running well).

I bet dollar's to frappachino latte's that Hardy Pyle did not watch the game and has no comprehension of the Bills' other problems on offense, defense and coaching... :lol:

I love your optimism Hardy, but JP stunk yesterday, as did the rest of the team...

I counted one nice throw the whole game.  It seems like a whole new generation of Bills QB apologists is being born right in front of our eyes...

Peter King, whether he has seen the games or not, is dead on.  Maybe it is just dumb luck on his bagel and cream cheese loving behalf, but he is very right.  We are heading into a four game stretch (Miami, NY JETS, @Oakland, @New England) which will likely make or break our season.  IMO, if we don't win 3 of those 4 games, then it is time to think about developing a young QB.  Right now, we should be focusing on winning as many games as possible.  This season is too young, and we have just lost two very winnable games, at least in a big part due to poor QB play.  Why should we be throwing in the towel in week 4? 

We all knew Losman would struggle.  We knew he would make mistakes.  It is beyond that.  He has been flat out awful.  When you can count on one hand the number of nice throws he has made in 4 games, you know you can't help but feel like you are heading down RJ Avenue all over again.  You can point to Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, or whatever other tired comparison you want to make, but those are different teams.

463418[/snapback]

Hardy makes alot more sense then your response. To just blame Losman is showing your ignorance. Bledsoe, RJ , Losman have all one thing in common a crappy OFFENSIVE LINE here in Buffalo and Flutie ran for his life. Our defense is a good defense not a great defense, the soft schedule made the D stats look better last year. When we play a good team do you really believe in our D. And for the comparisons in CP and EM look at what they are doing this year. They were hearing the same bullcrap last year. RELAX have a cold one and enjoy the 3 hour comedy show every sunday. Look on the bright side come April Will have some nice draft picks.............GO SABRES