SI's Peter King's take on JP

BuffaloBud

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I think about Peter King.

ii) I bet dollar's to frappachino latte's that Peter King did not watch the game and has no comprehension of the Bills' other problems on offense, defense and coaching.

I for one, would be much more concerned about keeping JP in the game if the defence and special teams were playing lights out. This team is going no where this year. Let JP play at all costs.

PS. I really didn't think JP played too badly this game. (ducks as virtual rotten tomatoes are thrown at him!). Some nice throws. Some bad decisions. Some running first downs. Just about what I expected.

I think this is what I didn't like about week 4:

i. J.P. Losman. There's a fine line between developing a kid and sending your season down the tubes, Bills.

MMQB

463133[/snapback]

This falls on the play calling. You have to call plays that will give JP some confidence. Passes to the fb, some screens. The defense has to shut the other teams down and get the ball back to the offence.

This is what I think about Peter King.

ii) I bet dollar's to frappachino latte's that Peter King did not watch the game and has no comprehension of the Bills' other problems on offense, defense and coaching.

I for one, would be much more concerned about keeping JP in the game if the defence and special teams were playing lights out. This team is going no where this year. Let JP play at all costs.

PS. I really didn't think JP played too badly this game. (ducks as virtual rotten tomatoes are thrown at him!). Some nice throws. Some bad decisions. Some running first downs. Just about what I expected.

463174[/snapback]

Did you really have to see the game to understand the scope of how bad he was? If he saw it, the article would be worse.

How come so few said this about Drew?

463369[/snapback]

ah, ah humm... I think many of us did in fact blame the Oline for Bledsoe's and the teams issues over the past two years..that is those of us that do not have the overwhelming need to trash the GM, coaching staff, or QB at every opportunity.

ah, ah humm...  I think many of us did in fact blame the Oline for Bledsoe's and the teams issues over the past two years..that is those of us that do not have the overwhelming need to trash the GM, coaching staff, or QB at every opportunity.

463375[/snapback]

You're right lets only talk about how well the GM and coaching staff have done. I'll start...damn i'm stumped.

i. J.P. Losman. There's a fine line between developing a kid and sending your season down the tubes, Bills.

MMQB

463133[/snapback]

Dan marino and Boomer pretty much said the same thing - it is apparent he is not ready and needs to sit for a few games and see what is going on after having played a few games.

I don't support JP's benching and really want him to play the season out fully no matter what state the season or game is in. But I got to think two players that have played QB in the NFL must know what they are talking about.

Bottom line, I am confused and frustrated. And the worst feeling is that feeling this way is becoming an annual ritual.

You're right lets only talk about how well the GM and coaching staff have done. I'll start...damn i'm stumped.

463385[/snapback]

The world does rotate around the Oline.

If the Oline gave the QB protection, the QB position would be playing better, the Offense would be more productive, and the team would be above 500. With a winning team I doubt people would be trashing the GM and coaching staff.

463174[/snapback]

I bet dollar's to frappachino latte's that Hardy Pyle did not watch the game and has no comprehension of the Bills' other problems on offense, defense and coaching... :blink:

I love your optimism Hardy, but JP stunk yesterday, as did the rest of the team...

I counted one nice throw the whole game. It seems like a whole new generation of Bills QB apologists is being born right in front of our eyes...

Peter King, whether he has seen the games or not, is dead on. Maybe it is just dumb luck on his bagel and cream cheese loving behalf, but he is very right. We are heading into a four game stretch (Miami, NY JETS, @Oakland, @New England) which will likely make or break our season. IMO, if we don't win 3 of those 4 games, then it is time to think about developing a young QB. Right now, we should be focusing on winning as many games as possible. This season is too young, and we have just lost two very winnable games, at least in a big part due to poor QB play. Why should we be throwing in the towel in week 4?

We all knew Losman would struggle. We knew he would make mistakes. It is beyond that. He has been flat out awful. When you can count on one hand the number of nice throws he has made in 4 games, you know you can't help but feel like you are heading down RJ Avenue all over again. You can point to Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, or whatever other tired comparison you want to make, but those are different teams.

MMQB

463133[/snapback]

That would mean something if every other aspect of the Bills was working. How does fixing the QB position solve your O-line, play-calling, 3rd down D, and run defense issues?

PTR

Peter King needs to prove to me that that really wasn't George Wendt portraying him in "The Longest Yard" remake. I kept looking at King and expecting to hear him say "It's a dog eat dog world out there, Sammy, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."

463345[/snapback]

George...lay off the Krispy Kremes, man! Have you seen that guy lately? WOW! There's a reason he ain't working these days. He won't fit in the camera frame!

PTR

Dan marino and Boomer pretty much said the same thing - it is apparent he is not ready and needs to sit for a few games and see what is going on after having played a few games.

I don't support JP's benching and really want him to play the season out fully no matter what state the season or game is in. But I got to think two players that have played QB in the NFL must know what they are talking about.

Bottom line, I am confused and frustrated. And the worst feeling is that feeling this way is becoming an annual ritual.

463396[/snapback]

Did I hear you just quote Dan Marino in support of your argument? :blink:

Dan and Boomer probably said that because they fear that JP will start when facing their former teams. :)

Did I hear you just quote Dan Marino in support of your argument?  :blink:

Dan and Boomer probably said that because they fear that JP will start when facing their former teams.  :)

463650[/snapback]

Yes, Dan I did. 'Cos I am at my (limited) wit's end about how a team that finished so strong last year can sink to such depths by subtracting PW, JJ and DB. Mostly same personnel and same coaches ...