Moulds spitting on Saints player

If this has been posted, I apologize but it seems pretty out of character for Moulds. No way to defend this, it's unacceptable.

According to KFFL.com -

Saints | Smith Says Moulds Spit on Teammate

Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:20:37 -0700

Brian Allee-Walsh, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints S Dwight Smith called Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds a "coward" for spitting on one his teammates as the teams walked to their dressing rooms at halftime of their Week 4 game. Moulds' actions led to a brief skirmish. "One of your brothers gets spat on, we're going to react," Smith said. "I just believe it was a cowardly act."

He was accused of doing the same thing against the Dolphins a couple of years ago.

He said then that he was just yelling at Surtain and saliva inadvertently hit Surtain while he was yelling at him.

He was accused of doing the same thing against the Dolphins a couple of years ago.

He said then that he was just yelling at Surtain and saliva inadvertently hit Surtain while he was yelling at him.

462888[/snapback]

Those guys are drenched in sweat...I can imagine all kinds of stuff flying off them.

PTR

If this has been posted, I apologize but it seems pretty out of character for Moulds.  No way to defend this, it's unacceptable.

According to KFFL.com -

Saints | Smith Says Moulds Spit on Teammate

Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:20:37 -0700

Brian Allee-Walsh, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints S Dwight Smith called Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds a "coward" for spitting on one his teammates as the teams walked to their dressing rooms at halftime of their Week 4 game. Moulds' actions led to a brief skirmish. "One of your brothers gets spat on, we're going to react," Smith said. "I just believe it was a cowardly act."

462859[/snapback]

Seems right on character for Moulds if you ask me. Just ask Surtain.

Based on his current salary, my guess is that this will be EM's last year as a Bill. Even if you believe that EM is still at the top of his game(which is questionable), having a QB who is going to struggle for a year or two, makes Moulds presence kind of a moot point.

Perhaps this is what caused the fight in the hallway between Josh Reed and one of the Saints.

I was at the game, right behind the Buffalo bench. Moulds was in a foul mood most of the game. Can't say I saw him spit on anyone, but he was "spitting mad"!

moulds has officially lost his mind. he has like 10 catches for year I think. I highly doubt he will want to be here next season. Its too bad because he is a great wideout and has been his entire career here in buffalo.

463068[/snapback]

While EM has had some great moments with the Bills he has cost them games with big drops in big situations, and yesterday watching him short arm that pass made me realize that he should be gone. and spitting on someone is ridiculous. Bon Voyage classless eric.

Based on his current salary, my guess is that this will be EM's last year as a Bill. Even

I believe he's in the last year of a 5 yr. contract. If that's the case, he's catching passes from Donavan McNabb next season.

moulds has officially lost his mind. he has like 10 catches for year I think. I highly doubt he will want to be here next season. Its too bad because he is a great wideout and has been his entire career here in buffalo.

463068[/snapback]

Moulds has lost his mind huh? How is that?

That's a good guess. Can you imagine TO and Moulds on the same field? Yikes.

463415[/snapback]

I don't know what he would want....That will be his last contract and he might

want a big pay day...Plus I think he has one more year left here at Buffalo...

So a trade might not be out of the realm....

This team needs to commit to build a team around JP, Evans and McGahee.

For that they need ot let go of Moulds and build a better O-line. The thing

was those effective linemen were available this year, when Green Bay

release 3/5th of their line as part of a salary cap dump...Both Dallas and

Carolina grabbed those guys and they have built a solid line...

The myth of McNally building a line out of nobody's is proving a disaster.

Unfortunately I think it will be Moulds' last year here. A great WR who wanted to play his whole career in Buffalo and likes Buffalo and the people. He still has a couple years on his contract and it is one that is scheduled to pay him over 7M (on the cap). No way they bring him back at that price. Sad thing is that he does make Evans better the same way he made Price better. He is not the Moulds of 3-4 yrs ago but is still a very good WR who is open and not getting the ball. Evans, by the numbers looks to be having a big sophomore slump until you actually watch the games and see that if he had a QB that could get him the ball he would have much better numbers.

Moulds has lost his mind huh?  How is that?

463423[/snapback]

have you read this thread? He was accused of spitting on another player. I think he is very frustrated and is no longer mentally in the game. He is a receiver who in the past has had 8-10 passes to him in a game and now he gets 2 or 3. The longer this goes on the more frustartd he will become with JP and the offense and the mentally out of it he will be come game time.

I believe he's in the last year of a 5 yr. contract.  If that's the case, he's catching passes from Donavan McNabb next season.

463412[/snapback]

Actually, he is under contract through 2007 per nflpa.org...

1996 475430.00

1997 594287.00

1998 713144.00

1999 350000.00

2000 950828.00

2001 500000.00

2002 1550000.00

2003 3100000.00

2004 4245000.00

2005 1500000.00

2006 6089000.00

2007 7250000.00

moulds is fine. O-Lineman do A LOT worse things in the "trenches".

this will not be his last year with the bills. we need him plain and simple.

his limited receptions are not his fault. hes a leader on this team.

1996  475430.00

1997  594287.00

1998  713144.00

1999  350000.00

2000  950828.00

2001  500000.00

2002  1550000.00

2003  3100000.00

2004  4245000.00

2005  1500000.00

2006  6089000.00

2007  7250000.00

463717[/snapback]

He just restructured his deal this year. I blieve his 2005 salary was due to be about 7-8 million range and the Bills gave him a 7 million bonus when they restructued.

If we cut Moulds next year we'll be taking about a 6 million cap hit for 2006.

He just restructured his deal this year. I blieve his 2005 salary was due to be about 7-8 million range and the Bills gave him a 7 million bonus when they restructued.

If we cut Moulds next year we'll be taking about a 6 million cap hit for 2006.

463734[/snapback]

But is he still under contract until 2007? I wasn't posting it so much for his future salaries, just the number of years he is still under contract for.

have you read this thread? He was accused of spitting on another player. I think he is very frustrated and is no longer mentally in the game. He is a receiver who in the past has had 8-10 passes to him in a game and now he gets 2 or 3. The longer this goes on the more frustartd he will become with JP and the offense and the mentally out of it he will be come game time.

463694[/snapback]

Moulds consistentlyu drops 3-4 passes per game.

He is toast and should be benched.

He is not doing JP any favors by lobbying the ref for an interference call while the ball is still in the air.

JP needs to be getting the ball to Evans who was open most of the game againsat the Saints.

463068[/snapback]

After dismal performances from Moulds I think it is safe to say he is a viable #3 at this point. He obviously has forgotten how to catch the ball with BOTH hands and the long bomb by JP yesterday Moulds got burned by the defender. He was 4 steps ahead of him the entire play. I know if JP was more accurate it would have never happened right? I think it would. Eric is a solid reciever but he is getting old and he doesn't have the break out speed he used too. I trully hope he makes me eat my words

1996  475430.00

1997  594287.00

1998  713144.00

1999  350000.00

2000  950828.00

2001  500000.00

2002  1550000.00

2003  3100000.00

2004  4245000.00

2005  1500000.00

2006  6089000.00

2007  7250000.00

463717[/snapback]

FYI, for those reading these numbers, I don't think they include guaranteed money i.e. signing bonuses. So Eric's cap numbers are MUCH higher for his final 2 years under contract.

Based on what I am seeing in the games, his lack of receptions is his fault. He stopped running on a number of plays and is always trying to make some great one handed grab.

When he isn't dropping balls that are very catchable, he is running to the refs looking for a flag. He needs to stop worrying about flags and start worrying about catching the ball.

He has slacked off as a player in my opinion.

Eric in VA

moulds is fine. O-Lineman do A LOT worse things in the "trenches".

this will not be his last year with the bills. we need him plain and simple.

his limited receptions are not his fault. hes a leader on this team.

463725[/snapback]

Based on what I am seeing in the games, his lack of receptions is his fault.  He stopped running on a number of plays and is always trying to make some great one handed grab.

When he isn't dropping balls that are very catchable, he is running to the refs looking for a flag.  He needs to stop worrying about flags and start worrying about catching the ball.

He has slacked off as a player in my opinion.

Eric in VA

464352[/snapback]

It is an odd-numbered year, which you can usually count on Moulds slacking. Unfortunately he didn't exactly have an "even-numbered year" last year...