Not much respect for JP from NO D

PromoTheRobot

“He ain’t no Donovan McNabb, or Michael Vick, or Daunte Culpepper,’’ Saints defensive end Charles Grant said. “Once he sees people in his face he wants to get the ball out of his hands. So we got to keep that pressure on him. We got to come at him full force with the blitzes and schemes that we have.’’ “He’s not a real running threat,’’ Saints cornerback Fakhir Brown said. “They like to roll him out and let him throw it. His best ball is a deep ball, like throwing a fade. I think we can put pressure on him because he’s not a really good drop-back passer. He can get the ball to the slot receiver pretty good but when he throws to the outside they got to roll him out.’’'

These is a group that got smoked by a mediocre Minnesota squad. Sounds like they watched tape of Atlanta and TB, but not Houston.

I wonder if part of JP's problem is that he's not being himself out there. He's trying to be the QB the coaches tell him to be, and he's fighting with his instincts (to run!) That quote about "not being much of a runner" is laughable. I hope JP sees this and takes off a couple of times to shut Fakhir up! Maybe JP has to stop listening to everyone and just do what's inside of him.

PTR

“He ain’t no Donovan McNabb, or Michael Vick, or Daunte Culpepper,’’ Saints defensive end Charles Grant said. “Once he sees people in his face he wants to get the ball out of his hands. So we got to keep that pressure on him. We got to come at him full force with the blitzes and schemes that we have.’’ “He’s not a real running threat,’’ Saints cornerback Fakhir Brown said. “They like to roll him out and let him throw it. His best ball is a deep ball, like throwing a fade. I think we can put pressure on him because he’s not a really good drop-back passer. He can get the ball to the slot receiver pretty good but when he throws to the outside they got to roll him out.’’'

These is a group that got smoked by a mediocre Minnesota squad.  Sounds like the watched tape of Atlanta and TB, but not Houston. 

I wonder if part of JP's problem is that he's not being himself out there.  He's trying to be the QB the coaches tell him to be, and he's fighting with his instincts (to run!)  That quote about "not being much of a runner" is laughable.  I hope JP sees this and takes off a couple of times to shut Fakhir up!  Maybe JP has to stop listening to everyone and just do what's inside of him.

PTR

458991[/snapback]

That Fakhir is questionable for this game. If he plays, I hope JP targets him hard.

I was going to make a post similar to this this morning. Let's hope the Bills put this stuff on their bulletin board. These guys are being jerks, homeless or not.

The question is why WOULDN'T these guys talk smack? A defensive player watching film of the last 2 games must be salivating right now.

459000[/snapback]

You may be salivating in private, but to talk like this to the press, especially after a less-than-stellar performance in Minnesota, is asking for the big boot of karma up your keester.

PTR

Guest BackInDaDay
I think what you meant to say was "shut the Fakhir up"?  ;)

459007[/snapback]

He could yell to him, as he sets under center, "Oh, and say hello to your mom, that Mutha Fakhir!". :devil:

Guest BackInDaDay
As many things as I don't like about JP so far, I like the fact that "once he sees people in his face he wants to get the ball out of his hands".  That's a bad attribute for a QB?  What am I missing Charles Grant?

459211[/snapback]

He ain’t no Donovan McNabb, or Michael Vick, or Daunte Culpepper,’’ Saints defensive end Charles Grant said.

Don't expect Mr. Grant to be very complimentary to our virtual rookie QB when he can't even get by his own personal bias to include a Brady, Manning or Favre in his discourse. Whatever. But don't take this guy too seriously, especially when he's fool enough to include Vick but not Leftwich.

He ain’t no Donovan McNabb, or Michael Vick, or Daunte Culpepper,’’ Saints defensive end Charles Grant said.

Don't expect Mr. Grant to be very complimentary to our virtual rookie QB when he can't even get by his own personal bias to include a Brady, Manning or Favre in his discourse.  Whatever.  But don't take this guy too seriously, especially when he's fool enough to include Vick but not Leftwich.

459237[/snapback]

On the one hand, he may have just been referring to QBs who can run with the ball.

On the other hand, he would be an idiot for not including Brady, Manning, or Favre.

These is a group that got smoked by a mediocre Minnesota squad.  Sounds like they watched tape of Atlanta and TB, but not Houston. 

I wonder if part of JP's problem is that he's not being himself out there.  He's trying to be the QB the coaches tell him to be, and he's fighting with his instincts (to run!)  That quote about "not being much of a runner" is laughable.  I hope JP sees this and takes off a couple of times to shut Fakhir up!  Maybe JP has to stop listening to everyone and just do what's inside of him.

PTR

458991[/snapback]

PTR

458991[/snapback]

hey guys........... what is wrong with what they are saying? They are being honest, i dont think they're talking sh*t about him they're just telling the truth. He's not mcnabb culpepper or vick, he can move well for a QB but he isnt a running threat, and his best ball is the deep throw. I dont know, maybe it's me, but what about this is wrong?

hey guys........... what is wrong with what they are saying? They are being honest, i dont think they're talking sh*t about him they're just telling the truth. He's not mcnabb culpepper or vick, he can move well for a QB but he isnt a running threat, and his best ball is the deep throw. I dont know, maybe it's me, but what about this is wrong?

459269[/snapback]

He's not a running threat? Oh...Kaaaaay.

He's not a running threat? Oh...Kaaaaay.

459273[/snapback]

he can run.... thats obvious..... but he's not anything compared to vick, culpepper, and mcnabb thats what he's saying. Im sorry but i dont see JP running 60 yards to win the game like vick has done

Don't expect Mr. Grant to be very complimentary to our virtual rookie QB when he can't even get by his own personal bias to include a Brady, Manning or Favre in his discourse. 

459237[/snapback]

Yeah, I noticed that too but was too chicken to bring it up. Surprised he didn't mention Rodney Peete or Jeff Blake. :(

459269[/snapback]

let em talk jp needs the motivation.....he isnt good right now, but in time......Peyton stunk his first year