Maybe keeping Bledsoe would have been better?

firstngoal

I was all for the dumping of Drew Bledsoe because he couldn't even get out of his own way...but...after watching the first 3 weeks of action I think for a team standpoint of having a better chance to win this season Bledsoe was the choice...Losman is a long way from being ready to lead this team into the promised land and although I doubted if Bledsoe could take us anywhere he was at least a decent long ball thrower who would have taken advantage of the falcons beaten up secondary yesterday if he had time to throw the ball...I'm now starting to think the Bills should have concentrated more on building that O-Line up and given Bledsoe one more shot this season.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was all for the dumping of Drew Bledsoe because he couldn't even get out of his own way...but...after watching the first 3 weeks of action I think for a team standpoint of having a better chance to win this season Bledsoe was the choice...Losman is a long way from being ready to lead this team into the promised land and although I doubted if Bledsoe could take us anywhere he was at least a decent long ball thrower who would have taken advantage of the falcons beaten up secondary yesterday if he had time to throw the ball...I'm now starting to think the Bills should have concentrated more on building that O-Line up and given Bledsoe one more shot this season.

455310[/snapback]

Give it time my friend, Bedblow will self destruct.

455310[/snapback]

Absolutely not. I think JSP made the point that offense this year with Losman is actually scoring more points than during the losing streak last year...

oh stfu! goddam it he's gone, get over it we aren't going back, we have to let this team grow and mature, there were alot of good things out there yesterday, but there were also a lot of bad things. the whole team is growing as a team, with very able veterans leading the way for the younger ones. We all knew the OL was questionable, and that was and is being addressed and I think they are getting better, no way in hell bledsoe would have been successful here!

455310[/snapback]

Part of the reason Bledsoe is doing so well with Dallas is because of their offensive line. They have bigger and stronger guys than us, so it allows Drew to pat the ball all day long and make his throws. He would be sacked even more this year if he stayed.

Part of the reason Bledsoe is doing so well with Dallas is because of their offensive line.  They have bigger and stronger guys than us, so it allows Drew to pat the ball all day long and make his throws.  He would be sacked even more this year if he stayed.

455344[/snapback]

Larry Allen and Flozelle Adams are pro-bowlers...and they got the two

pro-bowl guys from Green bay.......80% of your line are pro-bowlers...

Any wonder why bledsoe has 6TDs and 2Ints...

The best move would have been to keep Bledsoe, improve the o-line, and not throw JP into the fire, but rather allow him to learn how the NFL game is played.

That would have been the best choice for all. Football is a simple game. If you control the line of scrimmage, you win. We could have had a dominating running game with a guy who could throw the deep ball. Moreover, JP would have had time to learn the pro game and the most difficult position in all of sports.

Instead, we chose the worst alternative. We did not substantially upgrade the line (although I think that it is a tad better than in recent years). We got rid of the guy who is showing that it was wrong to blame all of the Bills offensive ills on him. Moreover, we have created a difficult situation for a young QB. He just is not ready yet. It was too early to turn over the offense to JP now especially given that the team was supposedly built to win now.

I just hope that this experience is a learning experience that will benefit him rather than one that is going to destroy him.

These next three weeks are huge for him and the team.

455310[/snapback]

Wait till the end of the Year before drawing any conclusions especially concerning Bledsoe...Remember... he looked like a World beater in his 1st 8 Games in Buffalo...

With 2 good Friends who are Cowboys Fans, I've been forced to sit through most of the 3 Cowboys Games this year. And the one thing that is abundantly clear to me is the fact that Keyshawn Johnson is far better at catching a Poorly thrown ball than Eric Moulds was here...

But no question Bledsoe looks better now than the previous 2 1/2 Buffalo years...So far so good for them...

And the one thing that is abundantly clear to me is the fact that Keyshawn Johnson is far better at catching a Poorly thrown ball than Eric Moulds was here...

455412[/snapback]

DB is hitting guys in full stride on bombs.

As for Keyshawn, you may want to tune into his radio show on Sirius and hear what he has to say about DB and the way he throws the ball.

Good point mead. In this sense, Drew is probably lucky to be gone.

455413[/snapback]

The Bills unintentionally probably did him a favor. For some reason, the Bills decision makers have not grasped the idea that games are won at the line of scrimmage.

Absolutely not. I think JSP made the point that offense this year with Losman is actually scoring more points than during the losing streak last year...

455338[/snapback]

That is absolutely correct. Last year we scored less points the first 3 games with zero running game. Then we bench Henry and everything turned around.

This year we have no passing game.....you make an excellent point.

Give it time my friend, Bedblow will self destruct.

455333[/snapback]

As opposed to JPL who needed no time to self destruct. I am with the original thread poser. I eventually warmed up and liked the decision to can Drew but that was a mistake.

The best move would have been to keep Bledsoe, improve the o-line, and not throw JP into the fire, but rather allow him to learn how the NFL game is played.

That would have been the best choice for all.  Football is a simple game. If you control the line of scrimmage, you win.  We could have had a dominating running game with a guy who could throw the deep ball.  Moreover, JP would have had time to learn the pro game and the most difficult position in all of sports.

455400[/snapback]

I don't think it is that simple.

The first thought is that JP had a year to learn how the game is played already. How many years is he supposed to intern? He either can play or he can't play. 1 year seems to be prudent for a lot of these guys, but two? He's making first round money.

The second thought is that Drew makes substantial money, and you have a team that is at the precipice of the salary cap now. If you keep him, that's less money that could go to the offensive line. To do what you've proposed, they would need to cut other resources (the defense or other offensive skill positions).

I think the bottom line is that Drew is not leading you (or anyone) to the promised land. He had big numbers yesterday, but he also threw one of his patented picks for a touchdown. He can look great in September when the weather isn't a factor and when he hasn't taken the physical pounding that is typical with him by the end of the season. When Donahoe drafted Losman, that was the absolute indication that Drew and Buffalo were headed for splitsville. It was far better for the franchise to cut the ties last offseason.

It doesn't mean that Losman is the guy to lead you deep in the playoffs, but wouldn't you rather find out now than have him intern for two (three???) years (at big bucks on the cap), and then find out in 2006 or 2007 that he can't play if that turns out to be the case?

DB is hitting guys in full stride on bombs. 

As for Keyshawn, you may want to tune into his radio show on Sirius and hear what he has to say about DB and the way he throws the ball.

455417[/snapback]

Dude I've watched every down of Cowboys Football and I don't need to listen to Keyshawn to know what Bledsoe is as a QB...Besides what is KJ going to say? "He sucks but I have to play with Him?" Plus, KJ loves Bledsoe cause they were both shown the Door elsewhere...They have a bond...

I know you are just thrilled at the way this has turned out thusfar...But if you want to blow kisses to Bledsoe than go to a Cowboys Board...I said so far so good...Now continue to pat yourself on the back and feel good about it Peter...After 3 Games Bledsoe looks better than Losman...A lot better...Want to rehash Bledsoes Stats in his last 2 1/2 years in Buffalo...? Did not think so...

BTW Bledsoe could always throw the Deep Ball ...that was never in question...

Sorry Bro but that snide crap from a Bills Fan is a little to much for me on a Monday where I find out my favorite Player in the NFL is done for the year...maybe even his career...And all the "I told you so's" are not going to bring Bledsoe back so...Drop it or become a Cowboys Fan...

Now again you can return to your feel good Monday...

That would have been the best choice for all.  Football is a simple game. If you control the line of scrimmage, you win.  These next three weeks are huge for him and the team.

455400[/snapback]

Then it beats me, why you would need a Drew Bledsoe....

The Bills felt they couldn't go deep into the playoffs with DB as teams have

figured out his problems in front of a average OL....

They are giving the kid a shot...If it works this year then it is great...otherwise

Losman gets his 1st year learning curve....If he repeats this performance next

year, then it is time to cut your losses and move on....

I think this kid has it in him to make the transition....

455310[/snapback]

I soured on Bledsoe. His physical tendencies, faults, and plusses on field have been discussed ad infinitum.

But I can never forgive, that in the throes of GW/KB's ididocy, he didn't fling his helmet off, told those bozos off and storm off the field. A failure of his leadership - quite a necessary ingredient for a qb.

The NFL has a strong history of qb's that weren't picture-perfect but got the job done. Many of such didn't win the big one, but as a fan watching them, one knew they would rally and chastise and spur the troops. You have to be a General - the definition of a General being a fighting man with an army at his disposal.

DB was a lousy General...