Mortensen confirming

Thailog80

That really sucks man. I was holding onto that fraction of hope that it wasn't torn.  :(

455214[/snapback]

as i sat despondent in my spikes throwback yesterday, i knew it was bad when he slammed his helmet down...that single act showed me that he was gonna be done for a while... :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

as i sat despondent in my spikes throwback yesterday, i knew it was bad when he slammed his helmet down...that single act showed me that he was gonna be done for a while... :(

455231[/snapback]

You could definately tell by his body language that he knew he was done.

I REALLY feel horrible for him. I'm no Dolphins fan, but I felt choked up when I read the official relaease.

I hope he is able to reclaim his form (and career) after this injury. Many have never been the same after tearing their Achillies. :(

By all accounts Takeo ruptured his right Achilles tendon. I guess the question now is how have others in the past responded to this type of injury.

Didn't Cowart tear his achilles for opener against the Saints a few years back? He probably wouldn't be the best person to look at because he also blew out his knee. Marino tore an Achilles, but again it's hard to compare him to a OLB that is known for speed.

The best player to look at might be Julian Peterson. If you don't recall Peterson was also among the leagues elite, and looked at as a speed OLB. He ruptured his ACL last year, and is back starting with the 49ers this season. Anybody see enough of him to know if he is as dominant as he was prior to the injury?

It would be a damn shame if this injury changes one of the best LB's the Bills have ever seen. The guy is all heart, and you know he is going to work like nobody else to come back. I just hope when he does make it back he can return to being the player we love to watch so much

Get better Takeo.

By all accounts Takeo ruptured his right Achilles tendon. I guess the question now is how have others in the past responded to this type of injury.

Didn't Cowart tear his achilles for opener against the Saints a few years back? He probably wouldn't be the best person to look at because he also blew out his knee. Marino tore an Achilles, but again it's hard to compare him to a OLB that is known for speed.

The best player to look at might be Julian Peterson. If you don't recall Peterson was also among the leagues elite, and looked at as a speed OLB. He ruptured his ACL last year, and is back starting with the 49ers this season. Anybody see enough of him to know if he is as dominant as he was prior to the injury?

It would be a damn shame if this injury changes one of the best LB's the Bills have ever seen. The guy is all heart, and you know he is going to work like nobody else to come back. I just hope when he does make it back he can return to being the player we love to watch so much

Get better Takeo.

455242[/snapback]

it's a really bad injury. Lawrence Taylor was a shell of himself after rupturing his achilles. marino was never as good either. not that he was mobile beforehand, but he did move around the pocket pretty well before the injury. he was never as dominating afterwards (although he was good). my guess is that spikes will be back and will be a decent player. However, i suspect that his explosiveness will be diminished.

it's a really bad injury. Lawrence Taylor was a shell of himself after rupturing his achilles. marino was never as good either. not that he was mobile beforehand, but he did move around the pocket pretty well before the injury. he was never as dominating afterwards (although he was good). my guess is that spikes will be back and will be a decent player. However, i suspect that his explosiveness will be diminished.

455259[/snapback]

He might have to move inside to a MLB-type role, where his strength would still be an asset, maybe like a Jeremiah Trotter or Urlacher-type LB rather than a fireplug like LF.

Wow, that sucks.

I was never a big Spikes fan, he always seemed to be running is mouth.  But that guy is/was a player, and I can respect that.

Yesterday was a big day for injuries in the AFCE

SSDD

455350[/snapback]

I unserstand losing Spikes and Harrison are big deals, I'll even put Light into that group.... but I hardly put Fiedler in that category.

You know what?  That's why you have drafts every year.  Other teams lose great players and find a way to win (NE, Philly, Carolina).  Let's stop the bitching and moaning and focus on beating the 'Aints.

BTW, Crowell had a good day filling in...

454098[/snapback]

I agree...There is no point in crying over things that is not in control.....

Let the team bring their A game and beat the saints...

I am not sure if Crowell had a good game...The Falcons were running

against the weakside all day and getting good yardage....Also looked like

they made use of Fletchers injury very effectively......

I unserstand losing Spikes and Harrison are big deals, I'll even put Light into that group.... but I hardly put Fiedler in that category.

455357[/snapback]

It is a big deal if China Doll Penny Boy is hurt as well. Fiedler might not be a great starter, but he is definately a quality #2 guy who the Jets might have been able to win a couple of games with.

Ronald Curry, wr for the Raiders, ruptured is achilles last year against us, I think. He re-habbed and was in the starting line up this season. Only to have the other tendon rupture in the first or second game this year.

Could a change in the defensive scheme (3-4 to 4-3) be in store?

Ronald Curry, wr for the Raiders, ruptured is achilles last year against us, I think.  He re-habbed and was in the starting line up this season.  Only to have the other tendon rupture in the first or second game this year.

Could a change in the defensive scheme (3-4 to 4-3) be in store?

455376[/snapback]

I'd be shocked if they go to the 3-4 with their 2 best linebackers being nowhere near 100% (Spikes out, Fletcher playing hurt).

Dave.