(SUW) Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame...

Zamboni Man

It's a little known fact that the R&R Hall of Fame selection committee is dominated by executives and former executives of certain record labels like Atlantic. The result is the favoring of certain artists and the exclusion of others that are deserving.

One such group is Three Dog Night. Love them or not, there is no denying their impact on music. They sold over 50 million albums and had a dozen top 10 hits between 1969 and 1974 alone. Yet they are never even considered for the hall. One rumour I have heard from someone inside the record business is that Someone on the committee has a grudge against the people who ran ABC/Dunhill reords, Three Dog Night's old label, and is blocking their induction.

PTR

They (U2) are definitely deserving no doubt...And there is usually one Band every year that seems like a no brainer (whether I like them or not). But I hate that freaking farce...

BTW, I've been meaning to say nice Avatar to you forever...My favorite Beatles Album!! There's not much by the Beatles that I don't like, but I could never understand how Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's consistantly gets ranked ahead of Abbey Road...Nonetheless...Nice Avatar Brother! B)

32258[/snapback]

Thanks.

I actually found that exact location in London and had my picture taken walking across the street in bare feet.

There both in already I believe...I know the Clash is...

32284[/snapback]

Rumor had it that The Clash would have performed at the induction ceremony for the first time in ages. However, Strummer passed away a few months before the induction.

It's a little known fact that the R&R Hall of Fame selection committee is dominated by executives and former executives of certain record labels like Atlantic.  The result is the favoring of certain artists and the exclusion of others that are deserving.

One such group is Three Dog Night.  Love them or not, there is no denying their impact on music.  They sold over 50 million albums and had a  dozen top 10 hits between 1969 and 1974 alone.  Yet they are never even considered for the hall.  One rumour I have heard from someone inside the record business is that Someone on the committee has a grudge against the people who ran ABC/Dunhill reords, Three Dog Night's old label, and is blocking their induction.

PTR

32344[/snapback]

What a joke! Politics in Rock & Roll...go figure... :huh:

An even bigger travesty..... no Rush!!!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  R&R HOF.

32328[/snapback]

You know...I knew that...Which just proves further there are SO many deserving it's tough to keep track...What a joke, no Rush in the R&R HOF...whatever...This thread has me needing a couple aspirins... :huh:

Do Not base J. Geils on Centerfold, that would be like basing the rolling stones on "Start Me Up". Go listen to J. Geils Monkey Island sometime. they were a great band!

The J Geils Band?

Arn't those the !@#$ing guys that sang "My angel is a centerfold?"

yeah, now that'srock! haha

32432[/snapback]

Here's a scary thought:  Who will be getting induced 20 to 25 years from now?

The White Stripes maybe?  I honestly can't think of anybody else worthy.  There are lots of bands I like, but they're all kind of small-time.

32467[/snapback]

Well...I know when 2015 comes around and passes, and AIC gets snubbed, I'll likely be old enough that my high blood pressure will ignite a heart attack and kill me... :lol: