Why do most feel that we lose to Oakland?

Rudyc80

What the hell is wrong with you guys predicting us to lose...the jags offense is better than the raiders and we shut them down and the raiders defense is nothing to special....i dont care where this game is...we should win by 10 at least!

if the friggin steelers could beat the raiders.....its pretty sad if we cant!

When is the last time we won a game on the west coast? Fluties last game in Seattle maybe? I hope we win Rudy but come on look at our history on the road the last few years. Oak at home in their opener = loud= false starts, etc etc etc. Can we win yes....will we....we'd better. If we are to win we'd better be ready to play, this is a big test for MM and this team.

I too expect a Bills win in Oakland, but not because Oakland sucks, but because I was encouraged of what I saw out of the Bills last sunday and am confident with a game under their belt and film to study they can get it done.

I think (hope) we will win - but with the seeming lack of intestinal fortitude displayed on occasion by this team and players over recent history I don't think you can discount the effect of the black hole :huh:

What the hell is wrong with you guys predicting us to lose...the jags offense is better than the raiders and we shut them down and the raiders defense is nothing to special....i dont care where this game is...we should win by 10 at least!

32033[/snapback]

I don't see our front 4 getting any pressure on Gannon absent blitzing, and even if their defense is "nothing too special", our offense is so vanilla, we'll make them look good.

Raiders 24

Bills 13

In order for us to win, I think we will have to pass. Fat Sapp and big Ted in the middle will be tough. Going against an experienced and somewhat mobile QB in Gannon does not bode well for us either (even though he is 51 years old). Our D had 2 sacks against an immobile, inexperienced QB in Leftwich.

If we can stretch the field some, we will have a good chance. If we stick to the same gameplan as last week, I see the same results.

Again, the black hole is not an easy place to play, even when it's no the home opener.

I watched the Steelers-Raiders on Sunday (because the bar I was at wouldn't show the Bills game.). A buddy of mine is a huge Steelers fan and he said that Pitt. has a couple of young guys in the secondary and they would bite on Gannon's pump fakes, one of which was on a TD pass to Gabriel. Pittsburgh ran pretty well on Oakland and those aged defensive tackles.

I think if we commit to running the ball and the DB's don't easily bite on the fakes we'll be okay.

32033[/snapback]

You are basing that on 1 game- and they are at home. I think it will be another nailbiter.

Pittsburgh ran pretty well on Oakland and those aged defensive tackles.

32226[/snapback]

Oak held Bettis and Staley to 92 yds rushing, yet the Pitt won. Jax held TH and WM to 106 yds rushing and we lost. The more Sapp and Ted play together, the better they will get. We will have to open it up some or we are screwed.

With that being said, we will probably run for 200 yds and win by 20 pts.