Air America

SilverNRed

Randi Rhodes

Can't imagine why Air America's ratings are so bad with insight like this:

CALLER (continuing): The thing that really killed me was the fact that when they bussed some of them out of the Dome. They loaded them on the bus, and they wouldn't tell them where they were going.

RANDI: Yeah. What is that?

CALLER: That is like when you transfer prisoners to one --

RANDI (interrupting): Actually, you know what it reminds me of? It reminds me of a little visit I made to the Holocaust Museum, and I saw these cattle cars.

CALLER: Yes!

RANDI: And they took people to go on them, but they didn't tell them where they were going.

CALLER: Yes! They do that to prisoners. If they're taking prisoners from one high-security prison to another, they do not --

RANDI: So, what are you supposed to do? Just do a "faith-based evacuation"? (Changing voice, as if an evacuee) "I'm sure he wouldn't send me to Auschwitz."

CALLER: Yeaaw! But why were these people patted down? There was an assumption of criminality made because they were poor and they were black --

RANDI: Check this out. Let's just -- Think about it this way. People were taken one place. Their children were taken another place. THIS IS SO MUCH LIKE THE HOLOCAUST. I can't even -- You know, it's like, you're not supposed to forget the Holocaust so that it can't happen again. And here you have people being loaded onto transportation vehicles, not being told where they're going, and their children are being taken someplace else ...

Errrr, yeah. <_<

Air America = Bill O'Riley.

I don't listen to Air America but I am guessing you don't listen to Bill O'Rielly either. He is a moderate on many levels.

Now...if you want to say Air America = Sean Hannity that is another story all together.

Randi Rhodes

Errrr, yeah.  <_<

451159[/snapback]

Randi Rhodes is a bitter spiteful creature. She has about as much shame as Michael Savage and is almost as intelligent as Jessica Simpson.

She was still harping about Ohio election results this past February, it wouldn't surprise me if she is still harping on them. For crying out loud, even Kerry doesn't believe Ohio was "stolen".

I would not be surprised to hear anything come out of her mouth, provided it is bashing the heck out of the right. Al Franken, annoying as he is, at least only massively distorts the truth. He typically doesn't go and pull something out of thin air to make up. The only left wing radio I've heard that does a reasonable job of staying civil and using facts without major distortions is Ed Schultz (sp?). That might be part of the reason that he gets a show during the afternoon drive hour and Randi gets one around midnight. Also, I think Ed is part of Mother Jones Radio, not Air America.

Dave.

RANDI: Check this out. Let's just -- Think about it this way. People were taken one place. Their children were taken another place. THIS IS SO MUCH LIKE THE HOLOCAUST. I can't even -- You know, it's like, you're not supposed to forget the Holocaust so that it can't happen again. And here you have people being loaded onto transportation vehicles, not being told where they're going, and their children are being taken someplace else ...

They seem to be leaving out the fact that the Katrina victims were not taken to forced labor camps and then mass-murdered in ovens.

The transportation of people and the splitting up of families is not why we remember the Holocaust.

I guess when you're not a popular broadcast you have to try to be over-the-top in an attempt to be controversial.

I don't listen to Air America but I am guessing you don't listen to Bill O'Rielly either.  He is a moderate on many levels.

451258[/snapback]

Yes, I believe he does use the moderate texture loofah.

"Turn your heads away from the screen, people / It will tell you nothing more. ... The sky is a landfill."

They seem to be leaving out the fact that the Katrina victims were not taken to forced labor camps and then mass-murdered in ovens.

451292[/snapback]

Details, details. <_<

The transportation of people and the splitting up of families is not why we remember the Holocaust.

I guess when you're not a popular broadcast you have to try to be over-the-top in an attempt to be controversial.

451292[/snapback]

Err America exaggerating to the point of idiocy? NAW...couldn't be.

Randi Rhodes

Errrr, yeah.  :flirt:

451159[/snapback]

Comparing attempted genocide to ttrying to save people from a natural disaster is ludicrous- and shows a complete lack of knowledge of world history. People like this show that we need to invest more in the educational system, and that parents that let their children play video games all day are FAILURES.

Comparing attempted genocide to ttrying to save people from a natural disaster is ludicrous- and shows a complete lack of knowledge of world history. People like this show that we need to invest more in the educational system, and that parents that let their children play video games all day are FAILURES.

452743[/snapback]

No, it shows a complete lack of shame and a lack of respect for her audience. She wouldn't sell this stuff, if she didn't think her audience were dumb enough to buy it.

Dave.

452743[/snapback]

NO was largely run by liberals, not conservatives. Government fails, and then people look to government to solve the problem. :doh:

No, it shows a complete lack of shame and a lack of respect for her audience.  She wouldn't sell this stuff, if she didn't think her audience were dumb enough to buy it.

Dave.

453244[/snapback]

I do understand your point, and thats why the educational system MUST be fixed- people must learn to think for themselves, and not let the two political brainwashing machines think for them. Education over entertainment!