Who the hell needs Crosby......

NavyBillsFan

I went nuts this past summer as some of you did also when the Sabres did NOTHING in the FA market. This team may just be special. Darcy may be right! This team is so dang fast that teams cant catch them with the new rule changes! Miller is standing on his head making saves! That kid reminds me of old Tommy B when he started out. Miller is going to be GREAT!

Oh and that Vanek kid. Holy cow!!!!! Talent? I dont thing we have seen anything yet! I still would of liked to keep Satan around but I dont think he is going to be missed and the players dont miss him at all.

May just be a great year for the Sabres. Id love to see them hit the playoffs again!

I went nuts this past summer as some of you did also when the Sabres did NOTHING in the FA market.  This team may just be special. Darcy may be right!  This team is so dang fast that teams cant catch them with the new rule changes! Miller is standing on his head making saves!  That kid reminds me of old Tommy B when he started out.  Miller is going to be GREAT!

Oh and that Vanek kid.  Holy cow!!!!!  Talent?  I dont thing we have seen anything yet!  I still would of liked to keep Satan around but I dont think he is going to be missed and the players dont miss him at all.

May just be a great year for the Sabres.  Id love to see them hit the playoffs again!

450209[/snapback]

I like to think im a pretty astute hockey fan but I don't know too much about Vanek. Where is he from? I usually keep an eye on the Sabres with the Center Ice package on DTV and will watch for this guy.

I like Vanek, too and I am a big fan of Drury and Briere, etc. However, I still question Regier's "hockey smarts" - I think Muckler was a much better assessor of talent - and he has zero personality when dealing with the public (always reminds me of someone who has sucked on too many lemons). The real scare is Lindy Ruff - he has been here far too long and I don't think he relates real well to the current crop of players and young players in general. I didn't like him as a player and I can't stand him as a coach.

I like to think im a pretty astute hockey fan but I don't know too much about Vanek. Where is he from? I usually keep an eye on the Sabres with the Center Ice package on DTV and will watch for this guy.

450339[/snapback]

He's an Austrian. He played two years of college hockey in Minnesota. His main question mark is that he doesn't play much defense (he didn't in Minnesota anyway). Hopefully he learns that part of the game quickly.

His main question mark is that he doesn't play much defense (he didn't in Minnesota anyway).  Hopefully he learns that part of the game quickly.

450380[/snapback]

Thats a real liability. I know, just from coaching my sons roller hockey team, that the best offensive player can amount to a wash if he doesnt back check. Id much rather have a player who hustles at both ends and doesnt score as much.

Little out a thread here, but is anybaody ponying up for Center Ice? I was all set to, but they pissed me off when they didn't lower the price at all. I mean ticket prices at most arens have been lowered, they are worried about the effect the strike will have fan interest, and then they do not lower the price one centilla from where it was pre lockout?

I will admit that I have no idea the costs involved from a D* or cable standpoint, but my gut tells me there was some chop in there for the NHL, even if was only $5 per subsriber. Christ, at least give us that $5.00

Little out a thread here, but is anybaody ponying up for Center Ice? I was all set to, but they pissed me off when they didn't lower the price at all. I mean ticket prices at most arens have been lowered, they are worried about the effect the strike will have fan interest, and then they do not lower the price one centilla from where it was pre lockout?

I will admit that I have no idea the costs involved from a D* or cable standpoint, but my gut tells me there was some chop in there for the NHL, even if was only $5 per subsriber. Christ, at least give us that $5.00

450441[/snapback]

I've had Center Ice since the get-go. I'd pay double for as much as I watch it - every night is hockey night! :D

450441[/snapback]

Its 32.50/4 payments (or something like that) right now instead of 39.99/4 payments (regular cost). HOCKEY'S BACK!!!

I hate to spoil the party, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Sabres will be in their usual spot, the same as all of other Sabres teams Lindy Ruff has coached: hovering around .500 and in 7th, 8th, or 9th in the conference, battling for that final playoff spot. It seems almost automatic. They will beat the Leafs, Flyers, and Bruins in a week, and then lose to Nashville, Columbus, and Carolina in the next week.

Of course, like the other Lindy teams, once they get into the playoffs, it's a crapshoot...Solid PP and goaltending can make it happen...