Up Yours Boomer

kasper13

Boomer Esiason just made his Bills-Bucs prediction. (NFL Preview show on WGR Radio)

He called it the game of the week. Said it will prove if the Bills are for real or not and that it will be the hardest hitting game of the week. He summed it up like this,

and I quote...."Brian Griese, Jon Gruden....The Bucs will win this one comfortably".

What a tool. He also dismissed the Bills win against the Texans by saying the Texans didn't play well. No kidding dumbass. They didn't play well because we kicked their ass.

I love people blowing off the Bills and just flat out underestimating them. Works very well in the Bills favor.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boomer Esiason just made his Bills-Bucs prediction. (NFL Preview show on WGR Radio)

He called it the game of the week. Said it will prove if the Bills are for real or not and that it will be the hardest hitting game of the week. He summed it up like this,

and I quote...."Brian Griese, Jon Gruden....The Bucs will win this one comfortably".

What a tool. He also dismissed the Bills win against the Texans by saying the Texans didn't play well. No kidding dumbass. They didn't play well because we kicked their ass.

I love people blowing off the Bills and just flat out underestimating them. Works very well in the Bills favor.

443707[/snapback]

You want a lolly? :devil:

i'll take the Bills to win....we have more to offer.

Cadillac?? about half his yards came on one carry and he didn't really smoke that D....he looked slow...the Vikes looked lazy.

Our LB's and D are the most solid D in the league. We will win this game.

Our offense is just as and maybe even better than theirs. JPL's inexperience aside,

we can move the ball on this over aggressive D. And we will...

I call it Bills 24 Bucs 13

443707[/snapback]

I'd like to play "This Is Your Life" with Boomer and remind him of the time Bruce erased about six weeks from his memory.

443707[/snapback]

Funny thing is that going back to last year, the Bills are now 10-3 in their last 13 regular sason games, and still their viewed as some also-ran. Keep in mind that in many of those games they were flat out kicking ass against some teams that went on to make the playoffs. If the Bills can take out the Bucs and then the Falcons, the Bills will suddenly become the media darlings.

This is the toughest game to pick in week 2. I can't predict a win or loss with conviction right now.

443825[/snapback]

To support your intuition, it is also "Off" on many sports books as well. Not super sure why, though I would be hard pressed to put big money on the game...for several reasons.

I'm in the (annoying) minority around here - I think this game is near-impossible to win.  I'm predicting 17-6 Bucs - I just don't see us moving the ball.

443834[/snapback]

You're a regular hand-wringer, sky is falling type.

You're forgetting that the Bills haven't relied on a powerful offense to win 10 of their last 13 games. They got points and field position in large part from special teams and a swarming defense.

FIVE take-aways last week!!

If the defense and special teams play up to their potential, all the offense has to do is keep a few drives going, keep the ball out of hands of future HOF'er Brian Griese (sarcasm), and score a few points themselves. I don't think they'll need more than one or two TDs to win it.

And anyway, we've got some pretty decent weapons on offense. Two very capable receivers, a RB who averaged over 100 yds/game for each start, a good FB, and a QB who can actually move and put the ball on target.

Will the Bills win? Who knows? Hard to predict who might be on and who might be off. But as far as man-to-man talent goes, I have no doubts they're capable of beating the Bucs. Tampa won a whopping 5 games last year. Chances are they've improved, but so have the Bills, who won 4 more games than they did.

443707[/snapback]

Everyone has the right to an opinion, but I don't follow the logic. Brian "Chipper" Griese is a QB who's already been dumped by two teams... in favor of Jay Fiedler and Jake "The Fake" Plummer. As recently as last week he tossed a couple of pickles that kept the Vikes in the game to the very end.

Jon Gruden is a coach who cost a whole bunch of draft picks, and responded by winning a Super Bowl with, well, basically Tony Dungy's team. Since then he's gone 7-9 and 5-11.

I don't know why those are necessarily good reasons to pick the Bucs, but then, I'm not Uber Aryan QB.